Chapter 4

Destiny of Love

 

"I already have someone to engage Eric ya." 

Those words, were beginning of my hell days. I particularly avoided Shin Hyesung. Whenever he phoned me, I watched it till the dial was off time limit.Whenever it was necessary to go his house, I always asked Minwoo to go. Minwoo was quite dumbfounded,but I gave him alibis that I'm gonna handle the contrast and paper works, he didn't ask me back. But those dreams, they did not spare me. They always mercilessly invaded my sleeping and tortured me. Seeing Pilkyo in my dreams made me missed Hyesung more and more. I felt jealous whenever Dongwan got to see Pilkyo even if he did not get a chance to talk with him. These days, from what I dreamt, they didn't get to talk much , because Pilkyo had been busy. He sometimes went out from home and didn't come back from days. Many strangers came visit to the house , asking if they could see Steve. Every night, I was wondering if I could figure out what Pilkyo had been doing?? He once said, he taught the kids and villagers who could not read and write, did he involve in some protest movements of Korean literature??

"Yeah, that Pilkyo too. He is making me worried about him. " I let out the long sigh. In this life, I could not even get myself enough with all these heart broke I got from Hyesung, why was I worrying about Pilkyo from past life??  I got out of the table to get myself tea to calm my head, when my phone vibrated. 

"Yes Minwoo??"

"Eric ah, I got a phone call that there is some measurement problem in Hyesung's house, can you go check there??" 

"Hyesung?? Why?? Can't you go?? I am too busy with designing for Clothes company office rooms." Well, I didn't lie him though. I actually was designing ,just not that busy. I gave him any reason I could to avoid go see Hyesung. 

"Yah!!!! You bastard!! Do you forget that you ask me to inquire about all the woods for Hyesung's house?? Now I am out of the town!!! " ah...yeah, I asked him to do that because since Hyesung's house was built mixing both tradition and modern style, I was thinking to decorate it with some modern works and wooden arts too.

"Kyukks, MinBong ya, can you please hurry back soon??" I said in most pathetic tone I could .

"NO!!!! Do you think I am Flesh?? Go and check yourself , you bastard!!! I am hanging up now!!!!" He yelled me out of his lungs and then hung up. Seem like I had no choice. But since it was afternoon, I could hope that Hyesung was still in his company. It's not like I didn't want to see him, of course I missed him like hell. Just...just I was so embarrassed and...I was not sure if I would be strong enough to face him like I did after being rejected by him. 

Well, maybe God did not hear my wish , because he was there when I got there. And I was right. I could not keep calm and face him when I saw him. "Damn, why would he be here? Why??" Of course, it was his house. It was normal for him to be there. Why was I so shock?? "Eric Mun, keep your calm. Don't be so restless." I mentally reminded myself every two minutes. The atmosphere in the house was so intense. Well, at least for me. I was busy avoiding him all the best I could. I tried so hard not to look at him. It was so hard. I had been missing him all these days and dying to see him even for a second, but when I got to see him directly in front of my eyes, I could not dare to look at him. What kind of luck was I having?? To not be able to look the one I love even though he was in the same room with me. He was talking with some of the men from furniture company when I left him in his living room and came into the kitchen. It was a bit relived to be not in the same room with him. "Phewwww......"

"Eric??" I could not even finish my sigh when I heard him calling me. He was standing behind me. I didn't notice since when he entered the kitchen and stood behind me. I  tried to keep myself cool and turned to him, " Yes??" He was a little hesitating to talk.

"Is there any other problem?? For this, I think they made some mistake in...."

"No! That's not!" He shouted. I was quite startled back. He was too.

"I...I mean...no, that was not about it. I.." he nervously clenched his hands together, and played with his fingers. "...I was wondering if you are avoiding me??" He said so soft that if my attention were not all on him, I might miss those. 

"Oh, well, it is nothing good to involve with someone who recently rejected you, right??" I laughed bitterly. He was shock by my words. 

"No!! No...I didn't reject you. I was just..."

"Just what??" I leaned towards him and he was tense.

"Just what?? Say it, Shin Hyesung." I didn't remember why did I raise my voice to him.

"I was just..."

"Oppa!!!!" A girl's voice bursted out from the door . Both of our heads turned immediately to her. There was a pretty girl standing at the entrance. By Oppa, I knew she wasn't talking to me. It was surely dedicated to Shin Hyesung. 

"I was searching for you all over the house. What are you doing here??" She walked towards us and snapped Hyesung's hand. Hyesung seemed a little uncomfortable with her act, but he smiled back to her, "Why are you here Jina ya??" 

"Why would I be here?? It is my fiancé house. And this house gonna be the one we will live in after we get married. Can't I be here??" She answered in most flirty tone I had ever heard. 

"Awww...so this girl is the one whom he is going to engage." I bitterly understood the situation.

"Oppa, let's go out and eat lunch. I am so hungry." She said to Hyesung and dragged him out of me. Hyesung hesitantly followed her. And like that, I was left alone in the kitchen. Rejected twice by him. Oh, I damn hate her!!!!

 

What is this?? Where am I?? I immediately looked at my surrounding. All were black. Nothing could be seen. What kind of place was this?? I didn't remember coming here. 

"Eric shi." I heard someone calling my name. I searched for the voice , but there was no one. I knew this voice.

"Minwoo??" I shouted back. "Hey, Minwoo, what is happening?? Come out." I was scared. I seriously was scared.

"Eric shi." The voice came out again.

"Minwoo , stop teasing me. This is not funny." I tried to threaten him. "Come out."

"I am not Minwoo, Eric shi." The voice came out from my right and I turned my head to his voice.

"What????? Dongwan shi??" I literally thought my jaw dropped to floor. What was this?? What the hell was happening. How could he be here?? I was busy with all my thoughts while he was calm and quiet.

"Yes, I am Dongwan, Eric shi." He said. Keeping his head down.

"But how? How could you be here?" I questioned him.

"Eric, please . Please protect Hyesung shi." He slowly lifted his head. What? His eyes. Those were ..how could I say? Sad? Devastated?

"Protect Hyesung??" I asked him stupidly. 

"Yes, please. I could not protect him in my life. So please make sure to save him in your time." I was stunned. My life? Your time? 

"Wait, what are you saying Dongwan shi? Protect him from what? Why?" 

"Please promise me Eric shi. Promise me that you will be by his side no matter what and protect him." Dongwan voice was more like begging. 

"I...I promise. But why??" 

"Because....." he stated slowly.

"Because Hyesung might be in danger."

"In danger?? What do you mean?? And why am I the one to protect him."

"........because you are me from future and I am you from past life. And I could not save him in past life. So make sure you protect him in this life."

 

I opened my eyes in shock. My whole body was covered in cold sweat. Okay, this was getting strange and it eventually leading to some point. From the very start, I knew those were not merely dreams. But, this.. this was too much. Dongwan practically came to me and begged me. And he was me from the past and I am his future. Is this even possible? In this 21st century?? "Ahhhhhh!!! I don't know anything."

 

"Eric, why you look so down??" Minwoo snapped question as soon as he entered my office room. "I have been searching for you whole morning. But you still haven't arrived office. So I came to you as soon as I heard you have arrived."He threw gun-machine of words to me. "Hey, Ric...I am talking. Why are you like this??You look like heart-broken." He added and went to the couch to take a seat. "I am heart-broken." I said without lifting my head from table. "Heart-broken? My . You don't even have time to date girls. How can you be heart-broken." Minwoo snorted.

"But I really am." I said, lift my head. He took a glance  at me from his phone screen. Seeing my desperate look, he seemed to startle. "Ric,...." he stood and walked towards me. "You know Ric, you are my best friend. You can talk to me anything." He patted my head slowly. "MinBong ya........."

"Yes, I am listening."

"I like Shin Hyesung. No, I love him. Yeah, I love Shin Hyesung."

He flunked a little, stoped his patting movement on my head. " What?"

"And I confessed to him."

"Whatttt??"

"And I got rejected."

"Whattttttt??"

"You can say what only??" I snorted him. "That is because the whole thing you saying now is total bull."

"......" I knew. It was total bull. Total non-sense. But was there anything I could do?? No! All I could do was keep loving him. I was already destained to love him. Whether I want or not, who cares. 

"Tell me everything." Minwoo said. 

"Huh??" I looked at him. "Tell me everything about when and how you started to have feelings for him?? All the things you are facing these days??"

Should I say him everything ?? Everything including my dreams?? I was in dilemma , not sure what to do. To be honest, I had been stressing over the dream I had yesterday. It was giving me headache this whole morning and it was the main reason I was late today. I think I better told him about the dreams and asked his opinion on these whole things. At least, two is better than one. I told him everything about my feelings for Hyesung, and the dreams I was having all these days. Minwoo went silent after my long talk. 

"Ric" he broke silent after long time. "All these days, you were facing all these by yourself?? I nodded weakly. 

"How could you?? You should at least tell me." 

"I thought it was nothing." I murmured.

"Oh, Ric." He hugged me. "Come on, Minwoo. Give me some suggestions." I pushed him a little.

He went silent. I knew. This whole things was absolutely ridiculous.

"Eric." He said after long silence. "First let me ask you this." I nodded him, as a signal, ask anything.

"Your dreams, when did you start having those??" 

"Hmmm?? Let me think. When did I start?The day we met with Hyesung for the first time. Yeah, it was ." 

"Eric, do you believe those things that Dongwan said are true?" He questioned in serious tone.

"I....."

"I do." I answered.

"So you do think you were him in his past life?? Do you think you have any connection??"

"Yes. I think I was him. All these dreams started when I first met Hyesung , right?? And Pilkyo from my dream looks exactly like Hyesung. I think Hyesung is the main, he is the connecting point for us. He switched on the bridge between me and Dongwan. If not, why would I see Dongwan as myself in those dreams?? And you know, when we first went to Hyesung's house, you remember I squatted down immediately?? I was not even sleeping or dreaming back then. I was feeling the way Dongwan felt. And what do you think about the possibility of me turning into gay in two days after meeting Hyesung when I had been straight for my whole life?? I think maybe it is because I am destined to meet and love him in this life again. Maybe I reincarnated again because I still have my jobs to do which I could not do in that past life." I said in one shot.

Minwoo listened to me quietly, thinking. 

"Then you said Hyesung has someone to engage. How about that??" He asked. Yeah, how about that?? I had never questioned that myself. But....

"I think ...something is not right. Because Dongwan told me to protect Hyesung and he might be in danger. Plus I don't get the good vibe from that girl as soon as I saw her." Just telling about her made me chills. Oh, I hate her.

"That is because she snatches the one you love, you bastard." Minwoo snorted.

"Ya!!! It's not. " I sulked, pouting my lips as much as I could."Stop that. You look disgusting with that pout." That bastard , Lee Minwoo. 

"Okay, I won't make any comment about your dreams, but I really wish you and Hyesung to be together Eric. You two look cute." I looked at him, searching for mocking face, but he was not. He was serious. 

"But Minwoo, the whole things is..." 

*beep beep*

"Ah, talking about tiger. There he is." Minwoo shoved his face to my phone, which was now

ringing, showing the caller name as Hyesung.

"Good luck Eric ah." He walked back and got out of my office, winking his one eye to me.

"Hello?"

"Eric , it's me. Hyesung."

"Yes, I know. "

"I....I.."

"......"

"Can I meet you today, Eric?? I have something to tell you."