Chapter 1

Destiny of Love

 

"Yeah Eric ah, get up you lazy bug!!!!" 

Very familiar voice entered my ear. The owner was no other than my best friend a.k.a my co-CEO, Lee Minwoo.

"Hmmmmm....MinBong ya, 5 more minutes please. I slept around 2 last night." I said without opening my eyes.

"Yahhh!! That is your own fault. I clearly warned you about going to bed early because we have important meeting today!!" I groaned inwardly at the man who invaded my apartment without my permission and who now trying to act as my mother. He was not like this before , but lately he was showing more ahjuma side of him. I wondered if aging process made his body produced more estrogen than androgen. "....tsk!! Minwoo ya, can't you just go alone?? I surely need to sleep!!" I yelled at him.

"Don't tsk me Eric Mun. Plus it is almost 11am now. Even if you went bed at 2 last night, you already had your sleep enough!!! How many hours do you need to sleep more??" I grumpily changed my position from sleeping into sitting, gave sullen look to him.

"Don't give me that look!! Now get up , wash and shower yourself quickly. I'll give you 15 minutes, and be ready!!! And ah...Eric, don't forget to brush your teeth too!" Minwoo nagged non-stop as he left from my room to kitchen, guessed he was going to prepare breakfast for me, huh...maybe brunch??

"Geeeez, for god sake Lee Minwoo!!! I am 32 years old man!!! Not 5 years old boy!!! And I want my egg to be half-boiled!! " I shouted him while preparing myself to get shower. "Like your mental age grow old with you." He shouted back. Ishhhhhhh....that bastard, I surly gonna change my apartment passcode.

"What is this??" I asked him as I sat at dining table. In front of me was scrabbled egg, terribly burnt toast and...what is this?? Kimchi?? I looked up him. He held a cup of coffee and sat down at the chair in front me.

"Eat first you bastard, thanks me later." He said as he gulped down a sip.

"Why would I thank you?? Besides, how am I going to eat your black toast with kimchi??" I shoved him his terrified toast in front of his face.

"..:and I clearly said I want my egg to be half-boiled!" I said as I glanced to those pitiful scrabbled egg piled up in the bowl. At one glance , my brunch was like food for pig. 

"Just eat! We are late!!" He gulped down and stood up to put the coffee cup in basin. I chose seem-to-be-okay toast and put some scrabbled egg on it and took a bite. Totally tasteless. I stuffed myself really quick and swallowed them with a cup of milk. "Wowww...you like it?? I'll cook for you more." I seriously need to change my passcode.

"And you say we are late??" I hissed to Minwoo while glancing at my watch. We had been here for around one hourly already and still no sign of guests. "Be patient Eric ya. They are our clients.We are the one who need to meet them.So we must be the ones who arrive earlier than them."Minwoo cooly replied me. I hate it. Me and him are same age, but he acted way maturer than me. "And stop that gloomy look Eric. They are coming." He scratched my hand and re-positioned himself. I looked at the door and there were two men heading at our table."Wowww...he really is a handsome man" I made a remark myself when I saw the first man, he is tall, handsome plus has some muscles. He possesses all the power, strength and handsomeness that all men would willingly to have. I could not get to watch second man carefully as the first was taller than second guy and he blocked him. Only when they were getting closer and the first guy headed to the chair in front of Minwoo to sit, I could see the second guy. That guy......."Ouch!!!" I could feel my heart hurt a little. I fisted my hand and put on my chest, lowering my head down .."Eric ah, what happen?? Are you okay??" Minwoo worriedly asked for me. That guy....looked so familiar to me. But I was pretty sure I have never seen him because I didn't remember meeting someone such gorgeous and stunning as him in my life . For a moment, I forgot to blink my eyes. White shirt, white belt to white pants on his milky white skin, plus his black Chocker which emphasized his y bone; those perfectly suited him. Just like those were made just for him. Even though it was business meeting, he wore blue sneakers to lighten the situation. I was so lost in my own thoughts till I realized he had already sat in front of me. 

"A hem...." Minwoo scratched me for second time. Only then I took my eyes from that guy. He was giving shy smile from my awkward behavior. His cheeks were already peachy pink. Those smile, those shyness, those look......I felt so familiar. "Awwwn, he still is a shy guy" I made a remark myself and shocked immediately when I noticed myself. What?? What did I just say?? Still?? I met him for first time like ...2 minutes?? Yeah, 2 minutes ago and why was I saying this?? I shook my head strongly, trying to wake myself up. Maybe this was all Minwoo's faults of waking me up early. 

"Hello guys, I am Park Junjin." The taller guy introduced himself first "....and this is Shin Hyesung."  The man called Junjin pointed to the beautiful man in front of me. 

"Wowwww...the name suits you,"  came Minwoo's voice, "you look so pretty, it suits you well" he said. "Don't call him pretty. He doesn't like it." In that moment, I felt like all 3 pairs of eyes on me. And me myself was too amazed, I swore, I literally had no idea why I said it. After all I just knew his name now,why did I say that like I had known him for years already??

"Do you two know each other already??" Junjin asked me. And Hyesung, looking at me with confused face. "No, I mean....ah, you know, he is man. Men don't want to be called pretty, they want to be called handsome, right?? I think Hyesung shi would be same too." I mumbled whatever came into my mind. "Ahh...I thought you two know each other before." Junjin smiled and said causally. So did Hyesung, he smiled to me and relieved a sigh ,so soft yet I managed to catch. 

"I'm sorry to make you misunderstood, I am Eric Mun, CEO of Brand New company, and this is my Co-CEO , Lee Minwoo." Actually it was quite funny to say ourselves as CEOs. The small interior decorating company which had only 5 employees including me and Minwoo, even one CEO was too much and we had two. We two really are not CEOs though, we two happened to be eldest among employees , plus we two were the founders of this company, so we just became like that.I said as I shoved my hand to him, Hyesung. He was quite confused at first, but he received my greet. He took my hand. And that moment he touched me....

"Ahhhhh...." I immediately released and freed my hand from him. I felt a little pangs in my heart, my head ache and I felt...I didn't know how to describe, I felt like electricity ran through my skin. I closed my eyes and put my hands on my head, screaming. 

"Eric ah , Eric ah!!! You okay?????"

"Eric shi, are you okay??" I heard Minwoo and Junjin asking me worriedly. I felt a little sad not hearing his voice, since his arrival, I had not heard his voice till now. 

"Eric ah, are you okay?? You were acting weird since we arrived here. Do you want to go back home first??" Minwoo asked me worriedly as he hugged me. I opened my eyes slowly, and in an instant the scent of guilty mind flew into me. He, Hyesung who was sitting in front of me was watching with both of his eyes wide, I could see clear shock and worried in his eyes. Maybe he was too shock from me freeing my hands from him immediately after touching him and seeing me like this. Maybe he probably was thinking it was him who caused me like this. I looked straight into his eyes , smiled gently to him..."I'm okay, just too sleepy and tired from lack of sleep. And I am so sorry Hyesung shi." I said straight to him ,hoping I would ensure him that it was not him who made me like this. "But can I excuse myself now?? I am terribly sorry but my headache is so sever." 

"That's okay Eric hyung, you are older than me, right?? I am 80 born. You guys can call me just Junjin too. Let's be close, I don't like business relationships, I want to work in warm and friendly conditions ," said Junjin. He really is social guy. 

"We both are 79 born. Yes, you can call me Hyung too." Minwoo replied to him , since they both are social guys, I was sure they will get close in no time. "Yes, you can call me Eric Hyung, Jin ah. And Hyesung shi, again I am so sorry for excuse myself." I gave him reassuring smile again. He nodded me lightly, still I could manage to catch a glance of worried and guiltiness in him. 

 

________

The houses, the fences, the clothes that people wore , all look like early 1940s era. Korea was still ruled under Japan, and many Koreans were discriminated by Government when employing Korea Vs Japan. It was rare for Korea people to be rich. And rich people were mostly political officials, both Koreans or Japanese, they all were so arrogant. Among poor people, among small houses, among busy road, there was a big house firmly guided by guards and with no doubt, the only car in this street was owned by this house. In that big house, there was one busy man who diverted all his attention to his garden. A garden full of beautiful lily flowers; white, pink, orange, red, so colorful that one might doubt that if he was in the heaven or in the garden. All the flowers in this garden were touched by him. He planted every single flower with all his heart. He treasured every little piece in this garden. All were like his children. He poured all his heart and mind on these. His garden or his little heaven was still in the big fence , but way far beyond the big house. This place was originally full of bushes and trees, but after his arrival to this big house, he used to spend most of his time in this place and eventually this place became his own. This secluded place was his place to release all his stress, his secret place to cry quietly whenever he felt sad, and eventually this place became his little shelter away from all. And he always thanked his landlord for giving him this place for his own.When he asked his landlord if he could transform this secluded place into garden, his landlord willingly let him. Since he got his permission , he tried his best to make this place into heaven. He saved all his paycheck from his landlord to buy Lily flowers and planted them. It was not easy to buy those flower because the country was not in good condition, and he himself was not rich person. He was just servant of the rich family. But still he tried all his best to make his dream came true. He loved this garden with all of his heart, because everyone, since from cutting off the bushes , cutting down the trees to the fences, all were done by himself. And one more reason was because......because of him; Jung Pilkyo. Just thinking about him made him smiled unknowingly and felt a little warmth inside his heart. Jung Pilkyo; the only son of the famous politician of this country. He got all the best things in life; beauty, handsomeness, intelligent, wealth, everything that one could ever wish. But in an instant a sigh came out from his mouth. He was nothing compared to him. He was just merely a servant working for his family. There would be a big chance that his young master would not even know his name or his existence. And it was too funny and impossible for him to dream of possessing that beautiful man. He had no knowledge, no education, no money, everything was total opposite from his young master. 

"You are thinking about him again!" The voice woke him up from his thoughts.

"Ahhh...Choongjae ya!!" He greeted back. Park Choongjae, a year younger than him, but was in this house even before his arrival, because Choongjae's mother too worked for this family. "Hyung, you are being too hopeless." Choongjae said. He just smiled back because there was nothing wrong in his statement. Yes, he was too hopeless. After three months of his arrival , or more precisely, being sold to this family at the age of 15, he spent his days depressed, angry and sad. But one day, his life changed. He will never forget this day, even after his death. The day when he accidentally met him. Normally his jobs were in yard, and they were banned from entering house, because only female servants were allowed to work and enter into the big house, he never had a chance to meet with his young master. But that day, Choongjae's mother was sick and Choongjae was sent to work at other place too. So there was no choice he had to fill in the place for Choongjae's mother. 

*bang* 

He heard a loud voice and he was shocked. "Seem like young master was mad at something." Some ahjumas in kitchen talked. "Young master??" He asked back because he never knew there was kid in this house. "Yes, the only son of this house. He got everything he wants, so he was acting like spoiled prince." The ahjuma beside him who was now busy making some juice explained him. "Here, send this juice to him. His room was on second floor, on the right most one." He blankly took the glass and went up to second floor. He knocked the door only to receive yell from other side of the door. He opened the door carefully and there, Pilkyo was sitting on his bed, hugging his knee ,sulking. He stood at the door slightly admiring the scene in front of him. Never in his life, he had seen such a cute boy. "What are you doing?? Put that glass over there and get out!!" Even though he surely was yelled out, in his mind, he thought that voice was the sweetest melody he had ever heard. He hurriedly went up to the table beside his bed and put down the glass there. He still managed to notice the white Lily placed on the table. Since that day, his days in this big house became enjoyable and his favor towards Lilies grew more.

"Stop thinking about him already,  hyung!!!" Choongjae said him. He gave out a shy smile. He had been crushing on his young master Pilkyo for 10 years already and he still felt the same. "You really are hopeless, you know ?? Dongwan hyung"

 

I woke up from my dream with lots of cold sweat on my forehead. Took a glass of water beside my bed and gulped down non-stop, tried to calm my heartbeat. What was that dream about?? Choongjae?? He looked like Park Junjin I met today. And Pilkyo?? He looked like Shin Hyesung too. Maybe I was feeling apologetic towards today's meeting , so I dreamt them. But Dongwan?? Who was Dongwan?? I thought the dream was about me and I saw everything in my point of view until Choongjae called me "Dongwan" . What was that?? I shook my head , trying to get rid of all the thoughts. I needed to take a shower. A real cold shower. Somehow, I felt like this was not merely a dream. I felt that.

 

TBC