Destiny of Yesterday: Chapter 4

Destiny of Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae Joon purposefully took huge strides, hoping that Soojung would not be able to keep up, but to his despair, he could hear her heels clicking along right behind him. Heaving out a sigh, Tae Joon believed that it would have been better had Hana been by his side. But really, could he blame Soojung, or was it just the company that he was mad at? These thoughts were set aside. For now, Tae Joon just wanted peace and quiet, and obviously that would not be offered any time soon.

“Oppa, you’re walking too fast!” Soojung urged through pants. “I’m wearing heels and it’s hard to walk.”

Without turning around to even acknowledge her presence, Tae Joon nonchalantly grumbled, “Stop with the oppa thing and you shouldn’t have worn heels then.” For sure he knew that Jaehee would never be as stupid as to wear heels on work days. Why was he kidding himself? He really needed to do something to keep Jae Hee out of his mind just for a time, even if it be a mere second. “Can you just leave me alone right now?”

“Alone?” Soojung’s voice rose an octave as if hearing that someone needed to be alone was such a surprise.

“Yes,” Tae Joon emphasized. “Alone.” Without a goodbye or even gratitude, Tae Joon jogged down the corridor stairs, leading him to the main lobby, leaving a stranded Soojung to find her way out on her own. Posters of TBT Entertainment were pasted on walls, and just the mere sight of them sent chills down his back.

A soft voice trailed behind, yelling, “Wait! We still have a photoshoot in three hours!”

Tae Joon didn’t have the effort to turn around, but he knew with all dreadfulness that he would have to be there.

For this first time in a long time, Tae Joon had the urge to take a sip of alcohol, but he knew what would happen. He silently cursed his alcohol allergies. As he walked with a heavy heart to his dorm room, he wondered for what he thought to be the umpteenth time, how he had become who he was. It seemed as if he reverted back to square one. Yes, his father and him were leading a stable relationship, but his heart was still missing the other half.

Tae Joon carefully unlocked the door, slipped off his shoes and jumped onto his bed. For the next three hours of his life, he hoped to clear his mind of everyone and everything, but his brain wouldn’t cooperate. It was like something else was possessing him that he couldn’t control.

A few knocks on the door aroused him as he quickly dragged his feet to the door.

“Hey.”

Tae Joon kept the door open to allow his visitor to come in. “What do you want.”

“Tae Joon, I heard what happened.” Eun Gyul sympathetically walked in, closing the door behind him.

“Yeah, and?” Tae Joon questioned, raising his eyebrows. He sat down at his desk chair and watched as Eun Gyul dragged another chair over.

“I’m telling you right now that I’ll help you and Jae Hee so stop with that attitude. If you keep it up nothing good is going to happen, you’ll just be hurting yourself.” Over the course of a few years, Eun Gyul was able to have a tiny bit of control of Tae Joon.

“I know, okay!” Tae Joon desperately shouted. “Mianhe, I didn’t mean to raise my voice and thank you.”

“No thanks needed. Remember, we’re friends now and I’m just doing a friend a favor.”

Tae Joon couldn’t help but let out a small smile. At least out of all of this he still had Eun Gyul. “But Eun Gyul, how are you going to stop the company? You know how they are.”

“I haven’t come up with anything at the moment, but hopefully I will soon. All I want to tell you is to watch out for that Soojung girl, she’s giving off some dangerous vibes.”

“What?” Tae Joon crossed his arms. “What do you mean dangerous vibes.”

“I saw her outside the building before entering and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter