Prologue

The Bully's Girl

Title: Love-a burning flame.

 

Why do people fall in love when they know that they would be  complete strangers after the relationship they've formed through sending scented letters, exchanging smiles, sharing kisses and warm cuddles ends with merely three words : 'let's break up'?

 

Knowing this, why do people still give it a second chance?
Are they ignorant or just plain stupid like this boring and lame assignment?


I scribbled a line violently across the last sentence.
No, I'm not a romantic person who writes ridiculous love poems or doodles heart signs in the corner of my textbooks. Though, I love doodling facial features and some figures, but just not heart signs with wings or an arrow pierced through it.
It's too cringey because that's exactly what my best friend, Rose's textbooks are doing to me. Torturing me.

But the fact is, I do love reading romantic novels with action or fantasy as it's side genres. However, to experience romantic or cheesy moments in real life? That'd be the death of me.

Carved on my gravestone would be-  died of too much cringe.

After tearing the last sentence off,  I continued to write again.

Are they being ignorant or are they saving the last oil that keeps their hope, purpose and reason burning?


Name: Park Jiyeon
Roll no: 8
Type of assignment/subject: short paragraph/ English ( poetry section)

We were all given the same topic by our English teacher, Park jinyong, who's a hopeless romantic, fanatic of Shakespeare. It was suppose to be a short essay but mine was too short again even to be considered a short essay so I changed it into short paragraph without consulting him.
Well, he's soft so. Plus, the topic is boring. And I'm hungry.
The end.

When the dismissal bell rang, everyone in the class packed their bags quickly and went out of the classroom without thanking Mr. Park or wishing him goodbye. The English assignment is due next  Monday but I wanted to finish it while Mr. Park gave us rest time since my schedule's pretty packed after school.
Me and my mom have to start packing our things to move into the next neighborhood tomorrow. When she told me about moving, I couldn't quite process it on my head. I was angry because I love my current neighborhood so much, the garden in our backyard and the swing on it and also, I'm going to miss Mrs. Lu so much. She lives next door and I usually go over to her place to have her baked cookies and she treated me as her own granddaughter, we are pretty close too. She's like my second best friend.

Little did I know, I shouldn't have agreed with my mom.

 

Hi, everyone! I'm was so excited to post this so here it is! :) I hope y'all enjoyed it and please leave a comment if you do.
Please excuse any grammatical errors. You can correct me too. Just leave it on the comment box. I'll be so happy to read words from you guys.PLEASE COMMENT! AND THANKS TO subsonic  For being excited! Hihihi