Double Awks.. -_-

Anaesthesia

It was eight in the morning when a tanned woman finally opened her eyes from her sleep. Eyes squinting as her drowsy eyes were greeted by bright sunshine from the window, earning a groan from the sleepy girl. Once her eyes had adjusted she looked around her room, expecting to see her blonde friend from yesterday on the couch. Sadly the couch was void of any life forms. The only life form in the room heaved a sigh of disappointment before pouring herself a glass of water. parched after hours of sleeping with open. As the cool, delicious liquid quenched her dehydrated mouth she suddenly remembered that somebody had visited her quarters twice (a nurse most likely) while she was deeply snoring away. She once again breathed a heavy sigh as her image was now definitely ruined.

 

Collapsing back on her pillows she placed an arm over her eyes, slowly drifting back to unconsciousness as the quiet hum of the hospital lulled her back to sleep. But she should now by now that the silence never lasts, as the door was once again forcefully slid open earning a loud bang (that would have scared other unexpected victims as well) and a curse word from the intended victim.

 

“YURI-AHHHHH!!” Her loud voice boomed in her private room that would have left her ears ringing, but the poor girl had already gone deaf by her friends’ continuous yelling and screaming. Yuri knew that voice. That irritating, screechy voice of her idiot friend.

 

“Yah Choi Sooyoung! What have I told you about yelling in the hospital!” Yuri reprimanded her friend, despite not noticing that she too was yelling. Her friend only rolled her eyes before sitting on the tanned one’s bed, narrowly missing the girl’s leg resting on stacked pillows under the covers. The taller girl was wearing a red and white striped shirt underneath her white lab coat, her short hair straightened out.

 

She checked the clip board that was lying on the foot of the bed before standing up again and proceeded on Yuri’s morning check up. Adjusting her so called ‘prescription’ glasses, that were obviously a size too big for her, every once in a while. Which earned a scoff from the tanned woman, as she had frequently told the younger that she didn’t need the glasses to fit the part. The girl achieved a seven year degree for Christ sake! But of course, Sooyoung never listens to any of her unnies- even her girlfriend! Yuri doesn’t know if she’s the bravest person she’s ever known or one of the stupidest for not listening to her significant other.

 

The two women had stayed silent for the past few minutes while Sooyoung finished up with the check up. Not that Yuri minded, she had learnt to keep quiet when the taller was concentrating on her job. Besides, it gave her a chance to admire her friend for achieving such a feat, and once again had the chance to bask in silence now that her friend’s mouth was tightly pursed together as she wrote numbers on the clipboard

 

“So..” Sooyoung decided to break the serene silence, earning a soft sigh from the woman on the bed. “What made you so sure she was the one?” Yuri’s eyes widened in confusion and stared at the doctor sitting on the bed near her feet.

 

“What? Are you high or something? Who is this she you’re talking about?” Yuri was utterly confused with the doctor. She knew that Sooyoung is the most random person in the world, but she didn’t expect her to be so random so early in the morning.  What is this girl going on about?

 

“Oh come on Yuri! You don’t have to be so shy, especially after confessing to her!” The taller mocked the older, wiggling her eyebrows while nudging Yuri’s uninjured leg.  Expecting the older to show the opposite reaction that the tanned was now wearing.

 

Yuri, on the other hand, could not comprehend the words that were coming through her ears. Maybe I should clean my ears more often? She thought as her face remained expressionless- mouth slightly ajar, staring directly into her friend’s expecting eyes. “Soo, I think the stress has gotten into your head. You’re starting to sound deranged, why would I confess to a girl anyway? I don't-“

 

“Stop. Stop right there, Kwon Yuri.” Sooyoung interrupted, pinching Yuri’s soft lips shut before starting again. Yuri could only cross her arms across her chest, glaring at Sooyoung for treating her lips this way. You better watch yourself Choi, nobody messes with lips as perfect as mine.

 

“Yuri, listen to me. You’re basically everyone’s girl crush! You haven’t gone on a date in years! Besides, you should’ve seen her face when the hospital’s girl crush confessed, no, proposed to her!” Sooyoung exclaimed throwing her hands in the air for exaggeration.

 

The girl crush on the other hand sat stiffly watching her friend babble on about her so-called proposal, the words turning numb in her ears. “I don’t remember proposing? I don’t even remember what she looks like?” Yuri mumbled to herself, not noticing how the taller had stopped her ranting and stared at the girl deep in thought.

 

“You really don't remember?” Sooyoung asked. Yuri only shook her head in response, not entirely sure if she should believe Sooyoung or not. “Here, I’ll show you.” Sooyoung squeezed into the woman’s bed, barely missing the injured leg again, and unlocked her phone. Yuri gulped as Sooyoung was playing with her phone, if this giraffe had a video of her this was definitely not going to be good. She could only mentally prepare herself for the horror to come.

 

--

A clearly drugged Yuri is on the hospital’s recovery room holding a nurse’s hand. The hand attached to hers belonged to another female- skinny in figure, pale in comparison to Yuri’s complexion, and had the most beautiful doe eyes Yuri’s eyes had laid upon. The sight of this stunning woman must’ve caused the tanned woman’s brain to malfunction, as the girl started to incoherently mumble while openly stare at the nurse.

 

“Hey nurse?” Yuri started as her eyes remained on the doe eyed beauty.

 

“Yes Miss Kwon?” The nurse replied back, hesitantly looking at the drugged girl as she was fully aware that the girl had been staring at her ever since she first walked into the room.

 

“Do you know what’s beautiful nurse…?” Yuri once again questioned the nurse, subtly hinting for the nurse’s name.

 

“Yoona, Im Yoona. And what is it Miss Kwon?” Yoona eyed the woman on the bed, only because she was looking for signs of nausea. Yuri on the other hand had other ideas.

 

“You.” Yuri flashed her a grin, amusement dancing in her eyes as the once calm nurse became flustered. It was such a cute sight to Yuri that she wanted to profess her fondness to the other woman.

 

“Yoona, you’re so cute you know. I love you sooo much!” Yuri said her eyes glazed, squeezing the blushing Yoona’s hand. Yoona could no longer maintain eye contact with the patient and resulted in eyeing the person recording the whole ordeal.

 

“You don’t love me?” Yuri questioned again, her mood decreasing as she felt sadness creep into her heart. Yoona saw this and panicked seeing the unhappy patient and the consistent urging of the person behind the camera to follow along.

 

“No! I was just surprised, that’s all. Thank you.” Yuri once again smiled and flew flying kisses to the nurse, who turned a deeper shade of red. This was her first time getting confessed to by a patient high on medication, so it was only natural for the woman to look so flustered.

 

“You’re welcome. You should love me too.” Yuri’s aegyo spilled out of , causing the nurse and the person behind the camera to chuckle in response; one completely embarrassed, the other very amused- loving the scene unfolding in front of her eyes.

 

“We just met today.” The nurse flashed a little smile, returning back to her usually composed self- despite the deep flush of her face. While Yuri smiled with half lidded eyes at the sight of the blushing nurse.

 

“I know. And we’re going to get married!”

 

“We are?” Yoona asked in surprise. Her eyebrows rising to the top of her hairline, smiling in amusement at the girl who had boldly proposed to her. Yoona’s insides churned, in a good way as she listened to Yuri’s dream wedding, turning into a deeper shade of red until she was practically glowing of the colour.

 

“We’re going to be the cutest couple everrr! And we’ll be the most beautiful brides the world has ever seen! I love you Yoong, you’re so beautiful.” Yuri once again flew her a kiss as she dreamily watched the nurse she was highly interested in.

 

“Can I come to your wedding? And be your flower girl?” A voice in the background sounding very familiar to Hyoyeon’s asked. Yuri’s head whipped to the sound of the voice and once again flashed her dreamy smile and excitedly agreed.

 

“Me and Yoongie are getting marriiiieeeeeddd!!!” The drugged woman squealed happily, completely forgetting that she was in the hospital, while the audience behind the camera giggled like high schoolers. Loving the interaction between the two women in such an unexpected time and place.

 

“We’re going to have a blue wedding. And I’m going to have a blue wedding ring.” The blushing Yoona intensely listened to the star struck Yuri, maintaining eye contact with her- both completely immersed for a second before Yoona looked back at the camera.

 

“Ok, blue wedding ring.” It must’ve sounded like Yoona was mocking her for her choice of colour because Yuri soon started whining at the poor girl as if they had known each other for a long time.

 

“Yoong! I want a blue ring and we’re going to get married! I love youuuu~” Yoona could only nod in response, stunned at how such a charismatic woman like Yuri could be such a cutie.

 

“Ok, Duly noted.” Yoona had finally found her words and went along with whatever fantasy Yuri was dreaming about for the sake of pacifying the girl.

 

The video ended with the sound of Sooyoung’s voice whispering, “I finally found a ship that's worth sailing.”

 

--

 

Yuri slowly turned from the phone to the doctor. The two were silent- well actually Yuri was the silent one staring at her friend who had recorded the whole thing in the phone resting in her hands, which she so desperately wanted to throw at the wall. Instead, Yuri grabbed the nearest pillow and muffled the screams that she was unconsciously holding in. Sooyoung only laughed at the embarrassed girl, wiping away tears as she yelled ‘it was so cute’, ‘when’s the wedding’, ‘can I be your bride’s maid?’

 

“You! CHOI SOOYOUNG!” Yuri glared at the laughing girl, challenging her to laugh some more. But she should’ve known by now that Choi Sooyoung never listens, so she did the opposite and laughed some more.

 

Pillows came flying at the tall girl, hitting her square in the face. The target covered her face and dashed out of the room still laughing her head off, especially when she heard the woman from the other side of the door scream her name in frustration.

 

Sooyoung only stopped laughing when she saw a person a few metres in front of her holding a tray of food wearing a confused yet anxious expression after hearing all the commotion in the tanned girl’s room. Sooyoung straightened her back and wiped the remaining tears from her eyes before speaking with the woman in front of her. “Your fiancé’s a feisty one… Yoongie.”

 

Sooyoung smirked at her before placing her hands in her pockets and strolled down the hallway, having the occasional laugh before returning back to her whistling.

 

Ah crap. Yoona thought to herself as she took steady breaths before knocking on the door. Hearing no response she slowly slid the door as quietly as possible taking note of the pillows and other objects on the floor littered near the door.  She carefully stepped around the debris and stopped beside the bed where she placed the tray on the table.

 

She smiled at herself seeing her patient lying stiffly on the bed, her hands on her sides and a pillow placed on her face. Yoona cleared to announce her presence in the room and to also smoothen her voice out, hoping that she wouldn’t stutter or worse, her voice cracking.

 

“Good morning Miss Kwon. Breakfast is served, I hope you’ve had a great sleep.” Yoona smiled in the progress as she was trained to be as hospitable as possible, but the effort was for nothing as the patient only stiffened some more (if that was still possible) and didn’t bother to take the pillow off of her face.

 

“Thank you Yoona shi. I’m not hungry yet so I’ll eat it later.” Yoona frowned in response. Nobody had refused breakfast served by her before. Besides, she wanted to talk to Yuri about yesterday’s mishap. So Yoona took a step towards the woman in bed and cleared again.

 

“I’m sorry Miss Kwon but I have to see you eat to make sure you are feeling alright.” Yoona nervously said, she knew that that wasn’t the truth. Yuri took a peak from behind her pillow, eyeing the girl in front of her. Her eyebrows scrunched together, Is this a new protocol? I should ask uncle.

 

Yoona was quietly squirming under Yuri’s scrutinizing gaze, slowly regretting her dishonesty to the Kwon.

 

But before Yoona buckled under the woman’s gaze Yuri meekly picked up her chopsticks and started eating. The two were quiet once again, not really knowing what to say or do now that Yuri had finally understood why Yoona was really awkward with her the day before. Yuri slowed her chewing and looked down on her plate, trying to figure out the best way to apologise for what ‘high on medications’ Yuri did. Yoona noticed this small movement and was about to comment on the patient’s behaviour when the older beat her to it.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yuri was never the best at apologizing. She’d always felt awkward whenever doing so- tapping the tips of her fore fingers together while looking down on her lap as she contemplated on what to say next, and also because she didn’t want to look at Yoona because the said girl had not said a word yet. Yoona had nothing to say, really. All she thought was that the woman on the bed was very random at times, and that she looked ridiculously adorable for a grown woman.

 

“You know, for the other day at the recovery room.” Yoona finally understood and smiled softly at the tanned woman, who in her opinion was still in her adorable position. Yoona took two steps towards Yuri, her smile reaching her eyes as their eyes met.

 

“Apology accepted. But maybe we can start as friends first. I’m Yoona.” She did a little bow before stretching her hand towards Yuri for the girl to shake, silently hoping that Yuri would follow along.

 

Which she did. The two shared a wide smile as their hands clasped each other, “Yuri, Kwon Yuri.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Somewhere in a patient’s room- 

Sooyoung was writing new data on her patient’s clipboard when a random thought crossed her mind. Her eyes widened in horror as she realized that she had left something worth hundreds back in Yuri’s room, which may have been smashed against the door when she walked out. My phone!! 

 

 

A/N: So here it is! The last chapter just as promised! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this short story. Thank you to those who subscribed and commented it always brings a smile to my face seeing this! I'll see you guys next time! ;)