Awks.. *_*

Anaesthesia

It was mid-afternoon when a woman in her twenties broke out of her slumbered state, a little drowsy and confused. The room that the woman now dwelled in was not the usual, stirring an internal debate with herself as to what had happened before and during her slumber. The confused woman lurched for her phone that was lying on the bedside table. Fighting away the sudden feeling of nausea, the walls seemed to distort and spin causing her to unconsciously cross her eyes. Fumbling with her phone, she silently cursed at herself for being so disoriented at her moment of confusion and panic. She briefly scrolled through her contacts trying to find the number of her most closest friend, but to her dismay the room was still spinning and waves of nausea crashed along the insides of her stomach each passing second she wasted sitting up.

 

It was only when she had successfully pressed on the contact of her friend that she noticed a small tube attached on the back of her hand. Tracing it back to its source, she read the words Seoul Hospital written on the IV bag that had been continuously feeding her with fluids ever since she got back from the theatre room. The woman was even more puzzled. Remaining as still as possible- for two reasons; she’s still dizzy, and her drowsy brain was still trying to process her current situation- the woman slowy leans back unto the bed’s headboard, basking in the room’s silence.

 

Unfortunately for her, the door slid open with a slam earning a yelp from the girl on the bed, giving her a small heart attack and the nausea to come back after it had slowly subdued. A huffing blonde stood at the door, eyes wide and frantic as she took in the sight of the startled girl.

 

“Yah! Are you alright?! Are you in pain?!  Why did you call me if you weren’t going to talk?!” The blonde said in one breath as she walked towards her friend, who is now clutching her stomach, breathing heavily.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” The blonde’s eyes softened at the sight of her distressed friend.

 

“Bucket.” The distressed girl shortly answered as she was now covering . Forcing down the urge to empty whatever was left in her stomach, as she hasn’t eaten for almost a day. The woman across her finally understood and was now frantically searching for the damned bucket before her friend exploded.

 

“Hyo, bucket! Ppali!” Hyoyeon heard the girl’s desperate call and grabbed the closest possible ‘bucket’ from the table and handed it to the girl. The woman hurled and coughed out the remaining contents of her stomach into the clear flower vase. Unfortunately for the blonde, she had a weak stomach when it comes to vomit or anything related to it. So when the familiar vomit smell wafted into her nose, she too couldn’t help but fight down the urge of vomiting because she has to be strong for her sick friend and not let her disgust best her.

 

Unfortunately, her face and small actions showed something else. The blonde had slowly backed away to the furthest corner of the room and had the end of her nose pinched close to block the horrid smell. Her back was hunched while her other arm hugged her stomach. From the woman’s bed she could see the blonde gag as she struggled to stop herself from vomiting.

 

It took the blonde a while to compose herself before walking back to her hospitalized friend. The other though, was stifling her fit of giggles as she remembered her friend’s face whenever she encounters anything related to regurgitated stomach fluid.

 

“Are you feeling better Hyo?” The woman mockingly asked, a tinge of concern only seen in her eyes. Hyoyeon scoffed in response and flashed her a quick glare before taking away the vase to throw away the smelly fluid. But before she could the door once again slid open revealing a woman in blue shirt and pants while carrying a clipboard.

 

She walked towards the woman on the bed and introduced herself. “Good afternoon Miss Kwon, I’m Im Yoona your nurse for the time of your stay. I’ll be checking on you every few hours while you recover from the surgery.” The nurse then proceeded with the protocol check up before finding her blonde friend silently creeping towards the sink carrying a vase filled with murky fluid.

 

Yoona scrunched her eyebrows together and nose at the sight of the vase in the blonde’s hands, she looked at the woman in her eyes before returning her line of sight at the liquid inside of the vase before hesitantly speaking. “There is a bucket underneath the bed if next time Miss Kwon feels nauseated. I’ll take that and get you another flower vase.”

 

The nurse took the bucket from under Yuri’s bed before making her way to Hyoyeon to sanitise the misused flower vase. The two on the other hand merely glanced at each other before awkwardly eyeing the vase in the blonde’s hand, watching as the warm, murky liquid taunted them about the embarrassing mishap. Unluckily for Hyoyeon, she not only looked at the liquid, she also manage to smell a whiff of it before finally realizing what she was holding.

 

“Miss, I think I’m going to need that bucket.” The blonde said, feeling her insides churn and salivating in preparation for bile to greet the inside of . Luckily for her, Yoona was quick to read between the lines and exchanged the bucket with Hyoyeon for the vase. In a flash the shorter was in the toilet, the sound of her hurling her guts out could be heard from the outside. The patient and nurse could only glance at each other before awkwardly smiling at the other- both not knowing what to do as one was used to having the patients throwing up not the visitor, while the other could only sigh at her friend’s condition.

 

Not able to withstand such awkward atmosphere Yoona mentally searched for topic starters in order to drown out the sound of her patient’s friend’s situation. “So… Miss Kwon, I see that your operation went well. Do you feel any pain on your leg?” The Kwon looked away from her window view to the Im before giving out a happy hum in response while shaking her head no, clearly remaining unfazed about her friend in the toilet unlike her other companion, awkwardly shifting her eyes anywhere except for the other girl.

 

“Th-that's great that the pain subsided compared to after you woke up from the operation.” Yoona finally glanced at the woman on the bed, heaving a sigh of relief as the patient was now feeling more comfortable. Yuri, on the other hand was slightly confused at the nurse’s words. Her brain was obviously still not working too well under the influence of medication, and it was quite clear that the patient could not recollect anything about waking up after her surgery.

 

“I woke up after the operation?” She asked, eyebrows meeting as she looked at the woman standing a few metres away from her.

 

“So you don't remember?” Yoona asked in response to the other’s question. Eyebrows raised, formed a little pout as she suddenly remembered that the patient was still drugged and probably could not think very well at this moment.

 

“Remember what? Was it serious? Did I say something stupid?” Yuri fired question after question, raking through her memories to remember what had happened hours ago.

 

“No, it’s nothing serious. You were in pain so we decided to give you medication to make you more comfortable. Nothing really out of the ordinary..” The nurse started to awkwardly chuckle as she avoided the other’s eye contact after her explanation. Yuri on the other hand found the nurse’s action too suspicious and was clearly not too impressed with the answer. She had an image to uphold and she needed to know what was making the nurse to awkwardly laugh, and Yoona saw this.

 

Saw the way her eyes narrowed, lips pursed while taking in a breath ready to ask more questions. Yoona inside was freaking out, it took her 5 minutes to compose herself before entering the girl’s room, what more when she needed to explain what had happened hours before the patient fell asleep after getting injected by medication. Yoona was definitely not ready for that yet.

 

And luckily for her, before Yuri could open the toilet door slammed open revealing an exhausted Hyoyeon, who lifelessly walked to one of the couches in the room and plopped herself on it. Yuri could only rest her hand on her erratic heart, after getting scared again by the shorter. Just what is up with Hyoyeon and opening doors?

 

Yoona could only heave a sigh of relief. Safe, she was safe for now.

 

 “I’ll be going now. I’ll request for your dinner to be prepared earlier, so it should arrive here in an hour or so. If your leg starts to hurt or you need anything just press this button and I’ll come immediately. If not, I’ll be visiting every few hours to check on you.” The nurse quickly excused herself before Yuri had a chance to speak and made her way out with her clipboard in one hand and the vase filled with regurgitated liquid on the other.

 

Yuri could only watch her retreating figure, unable to ask what had happened. But it was soon forgotten when food arrived and Hyoyeon had woken up after her little nap (that the latter had no idea taking when she collapsed on the couch). Together, they ate dinner and spent the rest of the visiting hours talking without running out of topics to talk about. Happily forgetting about what had happened earlier that day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Tada! Yoonyul!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm kidding. There's another chapter that i'll upload later or tomorrow. Don't worry, i finished writing this story so you don't have to worry about waiting another 6 months for me to update ;)

 

Ps I at making titles so don't make fun of me.