Apricity V

Apricity
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was early on a Friday morning when Ravi stumbled down from his studio to find Taekwoon sitting on his bed, a flower garland much like the one he had found him wearing on the moors on his head, his legs crossed while Hakyeon painted his nails.

He wasn't wearing his shirt, exposing a strawberry shaped birthmark on his left shoulder that Ravi had never noticed before, while his bottom half was covered with the quilt. Hakyeon had taken off her hat, revealing a neat bun at the base of her long, slender neck.

Upon seeing the pair, Ravi cleared his throat, earning their attention with a start. "Hakyeonnie, we've talked about this." He ran his hand through his hair and moved over to the window, slamming it closed in an effort to keep the draught out. She glanced up at him through her eyelashes. "Oh, hush, Ravi," she said before returning her gaze to Taekwoon's hand as she dipped the brush into the pot and wiped the excess on the rim "Let me spoil him."

"He has been spoilt enough already," he sighed. Over the past fortnight, Taekwoon had been learning the common tongue well, picking it up faster and faster each day. It was quite extraordinary actually. As a reward, he was allowed into the studio more often and Ravi had even allowed him out in the garden a couple of times. There wasn't much out there but the boy had seemed content to simply sit amongst the bushes and weeds and chatter to himself in his own language. Ravi didn't mind- it kept him happy and occupied.

Jaehwan hadn't arrived with his results yet though and he was starting to worry. He'd received a letter on the day he was supposed to come, telling him that there had been some 'complications' that needed to be checked out first. He trusted his friend with his life but couldn't shake the sense of uneasiness that had settled at the pit of his stomach. 

"We should adopt him to be our son, Ravi!" Hakyeon's high-pitched giggles dragged him from his thoughts and he looked up to see her clutching Taekwoon's head to her chest. The boy looked uncomfortable and his back was bent at an awkward angle as he writhed around in her embrace, waving his arms around as to not smudge the colour on his nails.

He couldn't tell her to stop though. He missed seeing her like this. Happy, innocent... He didn't have to worry where she was going to be sleeping or who she was going to be sleeping with if she was here with him. At least here he could keep her away from all those disgusting old men and give her the decent meals and rest she deserved. It made him angry that he seemed to be the only one willing to provide that; if people didn't spit on her, they just seemed to want to sleep with her. All because of her biology... What a cruel world this was. 

"Why?" He smirked, coming to sit beside her and reaching forward to caress Taekwoon's hair "Do you want to be my wife?"

She snorted,

Please log in to read the full chapter