Apricity XXII

Apricity
Please log in to read the full chapter

Okay, before I get onto the chapter I just want to say that I am really sorry for not updating in so long! I've had so much to do with prepping for university and then the doctor decided to double my meds so I was a little manic for a few days and then I went to the countryside with my best friend and her grandparents for three days and my life is basically all over the place right now... >_<

I have been writing but I've been writing bits for different stories (some for parts waaaaaay further on in the story like in the case of Three AM and some to round off the plot such as the case of Midnight Cabaret). Basicaly, what I'm getting at is that I haven't abandoned any of my projects or readers ^^'

But now I'm rambling...

Okay, onto the chapter!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

“Ravi, might I speak with you for a moment or two?”

Hakyeon felt so pathetic as she cowered in the doorway, hands clutching at her skirts and chin pressed close to her chest. She knew Ravi would never lose his temper with her, of course- not like he had with Jaehwan. The doctor had taken the initiative to maintain ample distance while working to find Taekwoon, going out at dawn every day and scouring the meadows and forest edge for any sign of the boy. 

Unfortunately, his enthusiasm and vigour in his search were not shared by Ravi. He spent the days curled up on the windowsill or in his bed, waiting there as if Taekwoon might come back if he stayed put long enough. He hardly spoke anymore, and his paintbrushes had remained untouched since the boy’s disappearance, the door the attic locked and the canvases covered. His skin had become ashen from lack of sunlight and he had become almost skeletal from refusing to eat more than was absolutely necessary to keep himself alive. Not that he had much in the cupboards anyway; without the profit of his paintings, he hadn’t made a penny. Jaehwan had offered to loan him some money each month until he got on his feet but Ravi’s pride had been wounded and he had snapped at him to leave, causing the doctor to secretly give Hakyeon the money to get him his goods from the market. She simply told Ravi that she was buying it with her own profits, which he seemed to believe despite her no longer taking as many clients as she used to. 

She waited until she heard a low groan before stepping into the room. The curtains were drawn and in the gloom, she could just make out the lump under the blankets where Ravi lay, curled up on his side with his face buried in the pillow.  

There was something so wonderfully soft about Ravi in this position, Hakyeon thought, a kind of innocence and vulnerability that not many people were permitted to see- where it was hidden behind his façade of eccentricity and bright smile. 

Ravi’s head lolled and Hakyeon was caught staring. His brow quirked questioningly and he mumbled something that she assumed was supposed to be her name.

“Sorry,” she said quietly, “I was just admiring you. Even under all those quilts, you are still one of the most beautiful men I’ve ever seen.”

He grumbled and yanked the covers over his head. “Shut up.” His voice is low and heavy still with sleep. Hakyeon suppressed a grin and perched herself on the edge of the mattress, reaching up to remove her bonnet. “It’s almost noon. Have you even moved this morning?”

Ravi gave a short grunt and she took that as a ‘no’. 

“The rain stopped weeks ago, my love. There is little excuse for you to stay inside now.” She reached over to his hair, fingers barely reaching the wild, black locks. He let out a muffled whine and shifted so she could pet him easier. 

“I don’t want to go anywhere. I can’t say I see much point any more.” 
“We could go anywhere you wanted… The gallery, the meadow… Jaehwan has been missing you too, you know.” She sighed and withdrew her hand. “You were so cruel to him last time he came to visit.”

Ravi scoffed and pushed himself up onto his elbow. “Because you aren’t totally biased.”

“Oh, do grow up!” She smacked him hard on the shoulder and jumped to her feet, her temper suddenly ignited by the quip. “Mine and Jaehwan’s affairs have very little to do with you, I’ll have you know! If he invites me into his home and I choose to live there, I am in title to! If he offers me financial help, I am well in my rights to accept it!”

He couldn’t hide his wince as her voice crawled up an octave. “Is that all it is?” 

Please log in to read the full chapter