하나.

Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment

The harsh winters of January had hit her town slightly worst than the rest of Gyeodo, leaving the five-year-old Yerim shivering, as the strong gusts of wind tore down her temporary home yet again.

After escaping the clutches of her abusive father in the middle of the night, she had grabbed nothing but her blanket and doll, and was left freezing in the cold, her cotton pyjamas soaked with dry blood.

Her doll.

Stained with mud and dirt, it has an arm nearly dislocated, and another eye missing, but Yeri treasured it as much as any other child treasured their favourite toy. After all, it was the only thing that her father gave her that didn't hurt.

The cold seeped into her bones, making her more pale then she already was. She hugged the doll to her chest, and held up a flimsy piece of cardboard in attempts to shield herself from the wind.

"I wish there was fire..." she muttered, clasping her hands together tightly as she desperately wished the cold away. 

                                     ~♡~

And then it happened.

She could not explain it.

All at once, the winds stopped, and the flames of a small fire the top of the cardboard.

"Wow!" She dropped the cardboard, backing away from it quickly. She even blinked twice to check if she was hallucinating. 

But no, she wasn't. The flames spread to light the entire cardboard, giving off a warmth she could only dream of after battling the harsh cold winds of last night.

"Fire..." The flames were alive and real, leaving the child in awe. She knelt down beside waving her hands over it. 
In a flash, it extinguished.

"N-no!" Tears threatened to form at the corners of her eyes as she waved her hands frantically over the cardboard again.

Just like that, the fire reappeared. 

Her tiny eyes sunk into cresents.

Maybe this winter wouldn't be so bad.

                                             ~♡~

Jongin was casually strolling, walking down the string of rich people houses, houses he could only dream of having. 

Not that he had complaints about his lodgings (he was staying at his family shop with his 11 brothers), but it would be nice to have a huge house. Just saying. 

He was day dreaming of a home where he didn't have to share his room with two numbskulls when he caught a whiff of smoke from afar.

Curious, he followed the smoky scent, which led him to find the little girl in an alley.

"What in Merlin- a fire?" He hurried his steps, watching the tiny girl glow at the sight of it, warming her hands around it.

She would even wave her hand over it to play with its shape, cupping her hands to form a circle shape, or pressing down on the air the form a... rabbit?

Whatever it was, Kai didn't have the heart to tell the girl to stop. She looked so happy, so precious, so cute, he had the urge to keep her in his pocket.

"Hey little girl, what's your name?" He asked, crouching down beside her.

"W-who are you?" She panicked, turning to face him. She backed further away from him, closer to the fire. "A-Are you a bad person? Did Daddy send you?" She flinched as he lifted his hand, her eyes threatening to water.

"P-please don't hurt me..." She bit her lip in anxiousnessn hard enough to draw blood. The taste of metal disgusted her, but she was too afraid to worry about that.

He dropped his hand quickly, and shook his head.

"Of course not! I promise you, I'm one of the good people from the shop across the street. Why are you out here alone?" He replied sweetly, hoping that he didn't scare the poor kid.

She immediately looked down, dropping her hands to her sides.

"O-oh erm... Daddy kept hitting me so I ran away." She pointed at the scars hidden underneath her shirt, then to the cardboard where she slept. "That's my home now."

His brotherly instincts kicked up.

Who would have the heart to hurt their own flesh and blood? Surely, only the one who should not be named?

The poor girl looked malnourished, and was shivering under the thin pyjamas. The only thing that kept her alive was probably her magic, somehow.

Without thinking twice, he offered to take her in.

"Would you like me to take you somewhere warm and nice? You will never feel cold again, I promise. It will be warm and cozy. A real home." He said, not needing to think too much. The girl didn't seem like she would be a handful, besides, he had always wanted to help children, being naturally fond of them, as a form of payment for when he was taken care of a lot by his older siblings.

"A-are you sure you won't hurt me? I have this!" She said, waving a hand over the flickering flames.

"Of course! I pinky swear!" He held out his right pinky, waiting for the girl's reply.

She contemplated for a moment, before deciding she had nothing to lose. Her parents never told her that she shouldn't talk to strangers, anyways.

"O-okay. Take me to this nice place." She shrugged, cracking a toothy grin. Any place was better than her parent's.

"Let's go then." He brushed the dirt off his pants and stood up, holding his hand out for the little girl.
She placed her tiny hand in his, and they teleported away.

                                          ~♡~

She ended up on the doorsteps of the Wiseacres Wizarding Equipment shop.

She looked in awe at all the different items the shop had to offer; from random trinkets to cool gadgets, it looked like her heaven.

He led her by the hand up a spiral staircase hidden by a curtain, leading to a corridor with lots of rooms. 

"My parents built this place for convinience and also as a place for my huge bunch of siblings. They're all pretty nice and they'll take care of you, I promise. We have a guest room down the hall, where you can sleeep, before we sort everything out. How does that sound?" He asked the five-year-old, only to discover that she had already made herself comfortable under one of the warm duvets.

He smiled to himself, tucking her in.

                                        ~♡~

 

A/N Deeply inspired by many hogwarts×Yeri fics (please recommend me more thanks) and also if you liked it feel free to drop a comment! Wrote this on Wattpad but decided to modify it and post it here (since I prefer aff's format) jongin adopted her but she'll warm up to all the rest of them soon <3 just imagine exo taking care of a kid omg so cute + adding in magic stuff? Something I would read (But haven't seen it, hence I'm writing one :))

Also because my exo fanfic is literally dead I'm so sorry for those who supported it because I no longer have any motivation to continue that story so)): *deeply bows*

Alright so leave down any ideas you might have because I'm not used to writing this style so yeah bye peace

Author out ((: