Jungkook and Miri

Your Dog is Adorable (And So Are You)

A/N: Yeah, before everything else, I have to let you know that Miri is a male. I’m not 100% sure about it but I reread the subtitles a lot of times and they always mention Miri as “he” so I just made him a male. If he was a female, however, he should’ve been introduced along with BongBong as “she”. Anyways, that’s just how it is. I just wanted to explain myself because some of you might be confused or something since some people are thinking Miri is female (and I did too at first so don’t worry, you never walk alone. Hahahaha)

so that’s all for this a/n, enjoy~

PS: these ain’t gonna be long chapters just yet, but soon maybe it will.


 

Jungkook tiredly sits on his couch. Who knew classes can be this stressful? At least it’s already Friday evening so school won’t be up until Monday. However, he has to come up with a new concept soon for their finals, but he can’t seem to have any motivation or anything. “Of all the times that I can have my brain empty, why now?” he mutters to himself.

He’s currently in Seoul and lives in an apartment. He moved here because he wants to fulfill his dreams and be a successful painter. His parents and older brother support him on this and send him allowance on a regular basis. They’re the once who pays for his rent as well, so Jungkook is grateful for that.

Though he wanted to be here, he admits that he misses his life back in Busan. But it can’t be helped. At least he has a few friends. One of them being Kim ing Taehyung who’s currently knocking the door and says in his usual loud voice, “Jungkookie~ open up!”

Why is he even my best friend? Jungkook thinks as he rolls his eyes and lifts himself up from the couch. When he opens the door, the older male hugs him to the point of crushing him. “JUNGKOOKIE!!! I missed you~!!!”

“Hyung.... can’t... breathe....!” he manages to choke out.

“Whoops! Hehe... sorry bout that,” Taehyung loosens his grip allowing the younger to breathe.

Once Jungkook steadies his breathing, he immediately glares at the older. “What in the world...?”

“Yeah, I know what you’re going to say,” the taller boy says, clearing his throat and imitating in a very Jungkook-like voice. “‘Hyung, we literally saw each other two weeks ago, how can you miss me so much?’ Well, Jungkook, two weeks ago is a millennia for me so get your stuff, Hobi and I are taking you out tonight.”

Jungkook stares at him for a second before saying, “Get my things? Wait, what? Huh?”

“Awww, our poor baby is confused,” Tae coos, pinching the boy’s cheeks. “I said, Hobi and I are taking you somewhere tonight.”

“But, hyung, I’m tired,” Jungkook tries to reason. “And I want nothing more but to sleep.”

Tae could just let him go because he is too cute, but he knows better. “Kook, seriously, that’s always your excuse,” he says. “I know you’re just too lazy to leave this private space of yours, but not today! Hobi and I will make sure you’ll have fun tonight, so come on!”

Jungkook grumbles, “Fine. Just let me change.”

The older male brightens up at this. “Great! I’ll be waiting outside with Hobi. You better hurry before I drag you out here with your .”

With that, Taehyung flees from the scene before Jungkook can even process what he just said. Sighing, the brown haired male makes his way to the bedroom. He changes into a simple white shirt, ripped jeans, and red hoodie. He puts on some sneakers then grabs his wallet, keys and phone before heading out. Once he steps foot outside, he immediately sees his best friend and his boyfriend. “Hey, Kook, how’s it going?” Hoseok says, ruffling the younger’s hair.

“I’m good, hyung,” Jungkook says, smiling brightly.

“Yah! Why are you so kind to Hoseokkie while you’re being mean to me?” Tae complains like a little child.

“It’s because Hobi hyung isn’t actually trying to choke me when he’s saying hi,” Jungkook retorts, earning a huff from his best friend.

The eldest of the group smiles fondly at them. “Come on, let’s go and eat first,” he says. “We have something to discuss.”

The three settles in a newly opened diner just a few blocks from Jungkook’s apartment. They talked a bit about their daily lives, how things are going, and what they’re currently working on. Once their dinner is served, the couple executes phase one of the plan. “So, Jungkookie, you never had a pet before, right?”

“No, I don’t,” the boy answers. “Why?”

“You see, Hobi and I are kinda...in a situation right now,” Tae starts. “You know we own a pet shop, right?” When the younger nods, he continues, “Business is great as usual. You know, lots of people adopting pets and such except...there are two dogs that can’t seem to find their rightful owners.”

“I don’t know why they’re not choosing someone yet,” Hoseok adds. “But we suppose that you could give it a shot.”

“Woah, woah, wait,” Jungkook stops them. “You’re saying that two dogs aren’t getting adopted and you want me to adopt one?”

“Please, Jungkookie, think about it!” Tae tugs at his arm desperately. “You can have a companion everyday so it might help you on getting by! It’s better to have a living companion to talk to rather than plushies, no offense. And it will benefit the dog too. It’ll have a safe, comfortable home, and a cute human partner. It’s a win-win situation!”

“I...I don’t know,” the brunette hesitates. “I’ve never handled dogs before. I never even had a pet.”

“We’ll teach you how, just...please give it a shot?” the eldest asks hopefully.

Jungkook bites his lower lip. It will be a lot of responsibility to have a dog, but it might ease his homesickness a bit. Besides, it doesn’t seem that bad since Tae and Hobi have dogs and they’re really happy. So he decides. “Okay, I’ll do it.”

Taehyung cheers loudly, earning both amused and rude stares from other customers. “Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you!” he says, hugging his best friend. “Let’s go do it now!”

“Tae, let the poor boy finish his dinner first, will you?” Hoseok chuckles, prying his boyfriend away from his choking friend.

“And please try not to kill me,” Jungkook adds, laughing when Taehyung pouts at him.

Once they finish their dinner, the trio make their way to the pet store. Hoseok unlocks the door and leads them to the back where the dogs are kept. He opens the light to reveal two dogs in their little houses. Both seem to be sleeping at the moment. “Hobi hyung, they’re sleeping,” Jungkook says.

“Don’t worry, they’ll wake up in the presence of a human,” the older responds with a smile. “Get in.”

Jungkook steps into the fenced space and sits on his legs. “Should I just...?”

“Wait for it,” Tae grins, seemingly excited.

Slowly, the dogs wake up from their sleep. The retriever gets up from the house while the poodle just stares at Jungkook. They all thought that the retriever is going to the younger male but nope. It went for the bowl of water just beside Jungkook. After it finishes drinking, it just went inside its little house and goes back to sleep. “Well that’s disappointing, maybe we were wrong about this,” Hoseok muses, causing Tae to elbow him. “Ow! What?”

“Look!”

The white fluffy poodle, whom they thought showed no interest, is actually making its way to Jungkook. At first, it stays a few feet away, until it comes closer to the point where it’s within arm’s reach. Jungkook is hesitant as well, but soon he leans forward and stretches both his arms to the dog. The cute little cotton ball didn’t waste time running into his arms like it has already known Jungkook its whole life. “Seems like he is your destiny after all,” Hoseok jokes.

“Yeah...” Jungkook couldn’t believe it. The dog chose him. To be honest, he had his eyes on the retriever first because he heard from his friends back in high school that retrievers are fun to play with. But when the poodle came into view, he fell in love. It’s like a match made in heaven. If the poodle didn’t choose him, he might throw a tantrum or something. He definitely swears that he would’ve made a scene.

“We can hear you, you know,” Taehyug snickers, bursting into laughter when his best friend blushes.

“W-was I talking out loud?”

“Nah, just ignore TaeTae,” Hoseok chuckles. “You should name him by the way.”

Yeah, Hoseok’s right. He should name the cute fluffy pup. What should be the right name? Whitey? Nah, that’s too generic. Fluffy? Yeah, he is fluffy but there should be something cuter than that. Cotton Candy? Jesus, the hyungs will never let him live if he names it like that. “I think I’ve got it,” Jungkook smiles triumphantly after his inner battle. “Miri...it’s a cute name.”

“Awww, that’s so cute~!” Tae coos. “You look so cute and fluffy I’m gonna die!!!”

“I have to agree,” Hoseok grins. “It seems like you two will really get along.”

Jungkook scoops up the literal ball of fluff in his arms and grins, showing his bunny teeth. The sight is making the couple’s heart melt. Of course, before Jungkook can take Miri home, he has to sign some papers so that Miri is legally adopted to be his. The couple also gives him a month’s worth of Miri’s everyday needs including the snacks, leash, collar, bed, and a few doggy toys for him. They help him set up the stuff in his apartment. “Make sure you take him out for morning walks,” Tae reminds him when they’re all set. “And be sure to feed him on time too. Give him a bath regularly and play with him so he won’t get bored.”

“And teach him some new tricks,” Hoseok adds. “He’ll look absolutely adorable.”

“Got it,” the maknae notes it in his phone. “Will that be all?”

“Lastly,” Taehyung puts his hands on Jungkook’s shoulders and squeezes it slightly. “Give him lots of love, okay?”

Jungkook smiles. “Don’t worry, hyungs, I won’t let you down.”

The couple bids their goodbyes and Jungkook is left with Miri, who is just sitting there patiently, waiting for his owner’s command. The boy gently picks the dog up and says, “This is your new home now, Miri. It’s not much, but I hope you can make yourself comfortable.”

Miri looks straight into his eyes, and it’s as if those big eyes are reflected on his own. Jungkook nuzzles his nose against Miri and giggles when the latter his face as if giving him kisses. “Aww, you sweet little thing,” he coos, setting the dog down. “I’ll just take a quick shower, okay? I’ll be back soon.”

With that Jungkook leaves the living room to get ready for the night. He makes sure that he showers quickly but thoroughly. When he’s done, he puts on some clothes and hurries back to Miri. He finds the dog sitting patiently by the couch. Jungkook’s heart is gonna burst from the cuteness. “Miri-ah,” he calls the little fluff ball. “Come on, let’s go to sleep.”

The dog follows Kookie towards the bedroom and immediately goes to his little bed just beside Jungkook’s. The boy smiles at this. Miri is well trained by Tae and Hoseok which makes it easier for him to take care of. Jungkook turns off the light and kneels down at the side of Miri’s bed. He gives a small peck on the crown of Miri’s head, whispering a sweet “Good night, Miri-ah” before heading to his own bed and sleeps with a smile on his face.