Intro

Your Dog is Adorable (And So Are You)

It is almost closing time when the door opens. It’s their last customer of the day. “Oh, Namjoon hyung,” Taehyung, who was behind the counter, immediately greets the tall guy.

“Hey, Tae,” the older smiles, ruffling his hair.

“How’s the studio? Doing great?”

“Never better,” Namjoon answers. “Don’t forget to come in the underground rapping competition.”

“I won’t miss it for the world! My boyfriend is competing there so my presence is a must!” Tae says in a determined voice, then he suddenly asks, “What brings you here, hyung, by the way? Here to adopt?”

“Yeah, about that,” Namjoon scratches the back of his head. “My...uh...friend convinced me about getting a dog cause I’m usually home alone. I immediately thought of you and Hobi so I thought, why not try, right? Besides, a companion seems nice.” This earns a rectangular grin from Taehyung who brightens up.

“Follow me then~!”

He leads his friend further in their shop where his co-owner and boyfriend, Hoseok, is at the moment. He’s feeding the cats when they reach him. He immediately notices their presence. “Hey, Namjoon,” he said. “What’s up?”

“He’s here to adopt a dog,” Tae informs, making Hoseok smile.

“You’ve come to the right place,” Hobi grins. “Give us a minute, we’ll set up the dogs for you.”

The two get to work. They take the dogs out of their mini houses and put them on the fenced space. Namjoon studies each dog. There’s a poodle, a retriever, a labrador retriever, a pug, a terrier and a corgi. Hoseok starts, “Would you rather pick a dog? Or...”

“Let the dog pick you?” Taehyung finishes.

Namjoon contemplates for a moment before saying, “I’d rather have a dog pick me.”

“Alright, come here,” Hoseok says, guiding his fellow 94-liner inside the fenced area. “The first dog who comes near you means he chose you as his owner. You can always pick another if you feel like it, but remember, when a dog picks you, it means he trusts you and wants to form a bond with you.”

Namjoon nods, sitting down in the corner of the space. The dogs are playing with each other, quite ignoring his presence. That is, until one dog, the labrador retriever, slowly walks towards his direction. It seems to hesitate for a bit due to the presence of a stranger, but Namjoon smiles with his dimples showing, stretching his hand out to the dog. The action is enough for the dog to touch its nose on his hand and it. “Here are some snacks, it’ll help you familiarize with each other,” Taehyung suggests, handing him some.

Namjoon feeds the labrador retriever some snacks, petting the dog affectionately. The dog nuzzles its nose on his palm. “He is the one,” he says fondly.

“Actually, it’s a ‘she’,” Hoseok supplies, laughing as he saw the surprise from other’s face. “She’s been here for about a week. She’s still young and a little clumsy, but she’s a good dog.”

“That’s okay,” the taller chuckles. “She is perfect. We match.”

“What would you like to name her, hyung?” Tae asks.

Namjoon thinks for a second before he smiles affectionately at his new companion. “I’ll call her BongBong.”

The days pass by quickly and all the other dogs got adopted. But for some reason, two of the dogs never found their rightful owners yet. The poodle and the retriever. “Oh my god, Hobi, what’re we gonna do?!” Tae asks worriedly one evening. “They’re already with us for about three weeks now. I’m getting worried they won’t get adopted.”

Hoseok hums in agreement. They already thought of adopting the two, but they already have Nuri and Chopa in their care. They can’t adopt two more since it’ll take a lot of work. “Should we just give them or something?” he suggests.

“But to whom? Yoongi hyung adopted Demy last month,” Tae states, making Hoseok snicker.

“He’s too fond of that dog to be honest. Calling him his baby and such,” the older comments.

Tae smacks his arm. “Yah! Don’t make fun of him! Chopa’s my baby too! And you may not be calling Nuri your baby, but I know you do that in your mind!”

“Yeah, yeah,” Hobi waves off. “But you’re also my baby, right?”

Taehyung blushes madly. “Yah! Stop changing the topic,” he pouts.

”Awww, my cute baby,” the older chuckles, kissing his cute boyfriend. “But admit it. You are my baby, right?”

The younger male whines, but finds himself agreeing. “That’s my good boy,” Hoseok praises.

Before things could get out of control, Taehyung reminds him of the task at hand. “Right, let’s see now,” Hoseok muses. “Jin hyung has Adam two weeks ago. I do hope they’re getting along.”

“Last time I went to his house, he was chasing Adam around cause he isn’t listening to Jin hyung,” Tae says. “They’re all over the house and I can always hear Jin hyung’s ‘ADAM-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!’”

The couple bursts out laughing at the thought of their screaming hyung and his dog. Of course they feel bad for him, but it’s just too funny. “But despite that, they love each other so I guess it’s fine,” the younger concludes.

Then silence overtakes them. They’re thinking real hard because they can’t bear to see those two dogs without owners. All their other friends has a pet already. The others, albeit none, are too busy to take care of one. There seems to be no canditate to choose from until...

“Jimin doesn’t have a dog,” Hoseok states.

“Jungkook doesn’t have one either,” Taehyung muses.

A look of realization dawns on their faces and when they face each other, they know that they’re thinking of the same thing. These are desperate times...

So they have to make desperate measures.