` 2

c ♥ p i d . p h a n t o m

 

# Narrator

He didn't want to seem mean ... or anything. But he just had to leave her standing in the apartment to get some 'fresh air'. Jonghyun breathed in slowly to let the situation sink in. It wasn't everyday that an ordinary guy would come across a talking 'thing' like her. He frowned as he just stood there in the entrance of his apartment building. 'I'm not human anymore.' Her words along with her voice seem to endlessly echo in his mind. He didn't stay and wait till she finished her explanation because this all couldn't be real, right? 'That's right, it's probably your imagination or maybe you're just in a bad dream. Tomorrow is just going to be an ordinary-'

"Yah! Whoever you are!" Jonghyun froze at the familiar voice. It couldn't be? "Hello?! Guy that can see me?!" Jessica popped up in front of Jonghyun, startling him. 'Damn it! She's real ... Damn it! I'm not hallucinating ... Oh damn it! She's in front of me, staring at me.'

"Whoever I am?! ... Whatever you are! Why can't you just leave me alone?!" Jonghyun groaned and walked past her, heading out of the cul-de-sac. He really had no idea where he was going, since all he was concentrating on was how to get rid of the ... 'thing'.

Jessica watched after him, dumfounded at his sudden outburst of anger. She wasn't that unbearable to look at ... 'right?'  Jessica pouted. She was pretty sure she had never met any guy as rude as him ... but maybe that was when she wasn't a ghost. 'But that's not the point! There's no need for that ... that jerk! To be so rude when I haven't even done anything to him ... well besides freak him out because of my transparent body.' Jessica sighed, there must've been a reason on why he had the ability to see her. 'Think ... thin- aha! The reason why he can see you, is because he is the one that will help you ... find your boyfriend! Yeah that's it! I mean, why else can he see me when nobody else can?'

Jonghyun squeezed through the crowded aisle of the shopping village, checking behind him once in a while. Once he was a hundred percent sure she lost him, he stopped and sat down on one of the tables perched in front of a cafe. If today wouldn't have been so messed up, then he would've stopped and admired the nice day a while ago. It wasn't too hot, but it wasn't too cold which resulted in a pleasant warm breeze. The sky was bright blue and had close to no clouds scattered across it.

"Hi sir! What would you like?" A waiter approached Jonghyun. He looked the menu from top to bottom. The truth was that he wasn't really planning to stop and eat or get coffee. But it was rude to tell her that he stopped just to have a rest on one of their comfortable seats.

"Uh ... I'll just get a tall latte, thank you."

The waiter repeated after him, as she scribbled an abbreviation on her pad.

"Is that all for today, sir?"

Jonghyun nodded, as she smiled and took the menu.

So there he was, sipping on his latte and hoping for some sort of miracle that he wouldn't bump into her. He jerked his head towards the entrance of the cafe when he heard a scream.

'Oh gosh ...'  Jonghyun rubbed his temples at the sight of a cup on a tea plate was hovering it's way towards his table. Jessica placed it on the table and sat on the seat across from him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jessica had an expression on her face that read innocent.

Everyone stared at him as they quickly made their way out of the cafe. 'Great, now they all think I'm some sort of wizard.'

"Oh, you're such a genius you wraith." His tone with nothing but sarcasm.

But Jessica wasn't getting the message. 'Is he saying I can't have coffee?! What is he? My mothe-'

"You do realize that getting coffee while you're a ghost will result in major problems?!" Jonghyun whispered, trying to keep his voice down.

'Oh ... right ... I'm a ghost ... whoops?' Jessica gave an apologetic look. "Sorry, I'm still getting used to this ... but hey! You're talking to me!" She smiled sweetly at him.

Jonghyun just gawked at her. "Yah! I talk to you out of embarrassment! Not because I  believe in you, how am I suppose to know you're real and that I'm not dreaming?!"

What Jonghyun didn't realise was that, right after he said that; she was going to get offended and rage at him. Getting to my point and skipping such substancial details. It lead to something in the lines of-

"What are you saying?! If i'm real or not?!"

"Well I-"

"-No! Listen to me, first of all you shun me like I don't have feelings-"

"-Woah! Wraith's experience emotions?"

"Ugh! That's what I mean, you're so inconsiderate. I don't know how your girlfriend can live with a gu-"

"-I don't have a girlfriend, and I am not planning to have one yet."

"... Oh ... then whose that girl in the picture frame?"

"Her? ... Just an ex ... wait ...  you went through my stuff?!"

"Calm down ... gee, I only saw that picture frame because I was wondering if my boyfriend replaced me."

"... My bad, guess he's not a wraith."

"See?! See what I mean?!-"

"Okay, I'm sorry ... for being a jerk even though I am freaked out which may have been the reason why I'm acting in such a way towards you." Jonghyun smirked as she just rolled her eyes in reply to his smart thinking. "So what you're saying is, that you're real and if I ...," Jonghyun took a long pause as he looked around the village, "... if I tried to hug you in the middle of this shopping village then everyone would think I'm whack for hugging mid air?"

"Well they probably already think you're weird for even talking ... to yourself!" Jessica laughed, sensing that he's frowning at her. Her laugh slowly died down when he just sat there, arms crossed. "Ahem ... sorry."

"Okay wraith, let me-"

"I have a name! ... Jung Jessica." Jessica grinned widely and held out her hand across the table, Jonghyun shook it as quick as possible so that no one would think he's weirder than he already is.

"... Kim Jonghyun." Jonghyun sipped the last of his latte.

Jessica started to explain her situation to Jonghyun.

"Jessica-ssi, let me get this straight," saying her name felt weird to Jonghyun but he continued anyway, "you died a month ago and left your boyfriend on earth."

"Mhm, and listen to this. I completely have no idea who or where my family is, don't know if I had siblings and have no exact record of who they might be. I know nothing about my past life!" Jessica began to fiddle around with the handle of her caramel latte.

"... Serious? ... Okay, so you know your boyfriend ... but not your family members?"

"Mhm."

"But what I don't get is ... why you're still on earth."

Jessica sighed, even though she had no answer to her own questions she had to try her best to answer his since he was going to help her out with her boyfriend. 'I'm so evil! muahahaha!'

"... Oh, um well I have to complete this mission."

"What mission?"

"... That's the thing, I have completely no idea what the mission is! But I think I know the first step to completing it is."

For some reason, Jonghyun didn't feel comfortable with the look Jessica was giving him. As If she was planning something that would lead them to hell ... 'hehe jokes.'

"And that is?"

"Mission, find my boyfriend!" Jessica exclaimed, while pumping her fist in the air.

'... I knew it! I knew she's up to no good. Jonghyun, she's going to make you do something stupid. Aish leave, just leave.' Jonghyun just stared wide-eyed at her for a moment. As hard as Jessica tried, she couldn't seem to read his mind. Maybe it was only for peolpe who couldn't see and communicate with her. Without her noticing, Jonghyun quickly pulled out some money. Placing the money on the table, he stood up from his seat and walked in another direction.

"Oh come on, Jonghyun-ah! I promise I'll stop bothering you after this!" Jessica followed Jonghyun in the sea of people holding shopping bags.

Jonghyun came to a sudden halt and just stood in the middle of the aisle. He turned to face Jessica with a wide grin on his face.

"What you're saying is-"

Jonghyun stopped talking as a guy walking past just stared at him as If he shouted out that he was gay. Scratching his nape, he quickly took out his phone and held it up against his hear. "Ahem ... so if I help you get a lead into where your so-called boyfriend is ... you'll leave me alone?"

Jessica tried to hold in her laugh.

"That's a promise ... but you haven't helped me yet so untill then, hurry and help me figure something out!"

Grabbing Jonghyun by the arm, Jessica made her way through the crowd and out of the shopping village.

 

 


 

boring chapter
keke soreeee


But yay! ^_^
Thank you so much for the comments
& the new subscribers <3
Sorry if I haven't updated as soon as I hoped,
I just had my yearly exams not too long ago.
But now that I am on holiday,
I'm probably able to update more frequently!

please do comment :D