Worlds Apart: Author's Note

Worlds Apart

 

Thank you! Thank you!!!

For all the readers, silent readers, and readers who comment, it was all thanks to you for making the story come this far. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the love the story had gotten, it wouldn’t have gotten another two chapters. So thank you!

 

I kind of loved the concept so much, I actually didn’t want to write more to it. I knew it would tear up the readers and I was prepared for it. Sitting in front of my computer, I chuckled evilly at my plans and ideas. As I wrote, I grinned about what I was writing at that moment.

I had been wanting to write a Jicheol soulmate AU for so long. And a whatever you wrote shows up on your soulmate’s skin too. So when it was Jicheol’s day, I went for it. I knew from the very beginning it was going to be angst. And I was going to make the angst hurt. I’m evil, I know.

I also love fantasy and sci fi, so it came easily to me that they were Worlds Apart.

When I published the story, I honestly had no way of having them meet up. My wildly creative mind almost didn’t want it to work out, but then it actually did start working out.

I wanted to give spoilers in my comment replies so bad. Just start spouting out everything I had planned and was already writing.

I could have had them be soulmates in another lifetime, but I didn’t want to. I’m tired of soulmates never meeting up and waiting for another lifetime. I wanted them to get each other, the ones who fell in love with each other in the first place.

Yes, I could have had one of the SVT members help Jicheol meet up, but then they couldn’t have been there for them when they were finally together. So I chose my SuJu bias. Sungmin and his wife popped up in my mind when I thought up the characters. Hence the SuJu cameos.

I also just really wanted all SVT members on one world, not jumping around. Cause that would have been painful for me. Already having Jihoon gone from them for so long was painful enough.

I was kind of worried about the third chapter. My notice (second chapter) that there was going to be a third chapter had readers/commenters anticipating a lot. I had the third chapter all written out already when I gave the notice. I worried cause there really was no big Jicheol scenes. It was all really just Jihoon Running Across the Galaxy to Find Seungcheol.

Plus, and I’m sure it was just me, but Jihoon really didn’t have any real life conversations and I wanted it to be Seungcheol for the first time. Yet it wasn’t going to work out the way I wanted it too. He had to talk to Sungmin.

I worried a lot. But I still did it anyway and published it.

Then the most important scene was coming up. The fourth and last chapter, and it had to start out with Jicheol’s first meeting. I worried a lot about this chapter too. Cause as much as I didn’t have any idea about how they were going to meet up, I had no clue how they were going to be around each other. I went into it with no ideas for the chapter at all!

Also, I hit a wall called writer’s block. For the life of me, nothing was being written. I took that time to read, watch random things, and to refresh my mind. It helped. I finally was coming up with ideas.

As much as I wanted to get right into fluff, cause one of the readers demanded no more angst (in a non-demanding way), there were a lot of things the two had to talk about and fix. But they love each other and fluff had to be thrown in there. So I hope it was a good mix.

Then, the story got long. And I didn’t know how to end it and wondered if I even wanted it to end. So I worked at it and slowly fixed their issues, and got to a good point where things were almost perfect. Not everything is going to be perfect. But perfect for ending their story.

Cause all Jihoon really needed was Books, Coffee, and Luck a.k.a Choi Seungcheol.