two

realism

 

Yebin is still unsure of how Eunwoo found out. She thought she’s been discreet enough with her feelings for that certain member but after Eunwoo confronted her one night, she realized she was wrong.

 

“You’re hiding something from me, aren’t you?” Eunwoo asked suddenly, sitting and making herself comfortable in Yebin’s bed.

 

Yebin was truly dumbfounded, “hiding what?”

 

“What you feel for Minkyung unnie.”

 

“Oh..”

 

“It’s okay, you know that right?” Eunwoo assured as her head landed on the pillow.

 

Yebin sighed, “is it really?”

 

“Of course! At least that way I know you’re finally over me,” Eunwoo teased.

 

Yebin hit the other girl with her elbow earning an ‘ouch!’ from her, “oh please, I’ve been over you since forever,”

 

Eunwoo faked a frown, “wow, that kinda hurts, you know?”

 

Yebin rolled her eyes, “oh, shut up already.”

 

The other girl let out a hearty laugh before dying it down and continue the conversation they left hovering in the air, “how did it happen?” she asked quietly.

 

“Remember that day when Nayoung unnie secretly told us there would be a new trainee coming to join us in the company?”

 

“Yeah, it was pretty chaotic for a moment there,”

 

“When was it never chaotic in the practice room?”

 

“You know what I mean..”

 

Yebin chuckled, “yeah, anyway, you know how I was the first person to greet her right? Back then I didn’t really feel anything. It was when she started singing is what got me,”

 

“Got you what? All melted? Heart eyes emoji? Swoon? High school days emo?”

 

“You are truly the worst.”

 

“What? I was just helping you finding the words!”

 

“But yes.. it did.”

 

She knows at the end of the day, no one really knows her as much as Eunwoo does and she’s far more than grateful to have the girl in her life.

 

“Ouch!” Yebin suddenly feels pain at the back of her head. Something small hit her.

 

“Stop spacing out every five seconds!” it was just Eunwoo’s hand. Small, indeed.

 

She rubs the back of her head, the spot where it hurts the most and frowns, “I wasn’t! I was just thinking about you,”

 

Eunwoo lifts an eyebrow, “am I supposed to be concerned?”

 

Her head feels better now so she proceeds to take a sip of the drink Eunwoo bought them, “no, they were nice thoughts about you,” she smiles sweetly.

 

The other girl makes a face of disgust, “you’re not making it any better,”

 

Yebin lightly pushes Eunwoo’s shoulder, “relax, I was just thinking about how the hell you knew,”

 

“Knew what?”

 

“Minkyung unnie.”

 

Eunwoo sighs of relief, “geez it’s not that hard. You’re literally an open book,” she snatches the drink away from Yebin’s hold.

 

Yebin frowns, “I am?”

 

“Sometimes.”

 

“Now I’m just confused..”

 

Eunwoo laughs, “listen, I’ve been with you since we were in diapers and the embarrassing boy bands phase, of course I would catch it on quick,”

 

Yebin stays silent while leaning back on the chair, signalling for her to go on.

 

“I saw the way you looked at her, like she’s visually the only thing you focus on and ignore the rest of the world. I saw the way you would cling onto her, as if you were afraid that you’d lose her from your sight. I also saw the way you would listen to every single thing she says attentively, as if you’d feel like you’d disappoint her if you didn’t because the words she utters are important to you.“

 

Yebin is gripping the chair by this time, her fingers fidgeting.

 

“It wouldn’t be a surprise for me to know all of this. I know because I’ve been in the receiving end.” Eunwoo breaks out a gentle smile.

 

Yebin is amazed at herself for being able to take that all in at once. She steadily removes her grip, “and you were okay with it?” she asks carefully.

 

“I was really happy for you. I still am.”

 

Yebin grins the widest one yet that day, “you’re pretty ing amazing.”

 

“I know.”

 

 

“Minkyung unnie,”

 

She eventually stops zoning out, “y-yeah? What is it, Siyeon-ah?”

 

“You haven’t touched your pizza. It’s gonna get cold,” Jieqiong interrupts while Siyeon just nods beside her, one slice in her hand.

 

“Oh, right, sorry I was just spacing out,” Minkyung says while staring at her own slice on the plate. We ordered pizza?

 

Just then, Eunwoo approaches them with two slices on her plate. Siyeon notices and raises an eyebrow, “Unnie, I thought you were on a diet?” she asks daringly.

 

Eunwoo scoffs, “I am, kid. The other slice is for Jieqiong.”

 

Jieqiong is stunned, “it is?”

 

Suddenly a figure sneaks up behind Eunwoo, “hell yeah it is,”

 

Eunwoo jumped and almost cursed which caused a huge eruption of laughter from the members. Yebin has done it once again. She’s definitely the second prankster in the household other than Kang Kyungwon.

 

“You know I could die from that right?”

 

“Naww, I wouldn’t want you to die now, sweetie,” Yebin coos while patting the girl’s head softly.

 

Minkyung turns her head and finally realizes the whole situation that’s currently happening. She hates to admit it but knows she doesn’t like what she sees. She sighs inwardly.

 

She still doesn’t believe she didn’t know about Yebin and Eunwoo. She feels like a stranger. She feels like she doesn’t actually know them at all. She regrets going into Yebin’s room the other day.

 

Ever since she saw the photograph, all she does is staring at those particular members. All she does is analysing whatever they do. All she does is think about what they do in their free time together. . All she does is think about what they did alone or when she isn’t there. And it doesn’t help that Yebin and Eunwoo share a room together.

 

This is driving me insane.

 

Her pizza is half finished but she stands up and slowly leaves the scene. The members didn’t really care about it as much. They know maybe she was just not feeling it today. She does have those days. They all do, in fact.

 

All of them didn’t notice, except for one person.

 

 

Their practice session for the day doesn’t start until 12pm.

 

But Yebin doesn’t give a . She decides to come to the practice room early since she conveniently wakes up early that day. She gets up from her bed and goes to the bathroom to wash up.

 

The thing about living with nine other girls is all about the hardships. The biggest hardship in Yebin’s opinion is having to wait for her turn to use the bathroom. This is tiring, she mumbled to herself a few months into moving in to live with the girls two years ago. Now, she can’t say she’s completely used to it, but she’d like to think that she’s getting the hang of it.

 

She dresses herself into a fresh set of clothes fitting for the practice and leaves.

 

 

It’s currently 10am when she checks the time on her phone. She could hear the faint sound of music echoing from behind the entrance door and she feels puzzled. Someone came here before me?

 

She enters the room and sees a tall figure dancing to an upbeat song. She doesn’t realize who it is until her eyes catches the reflection of the person in the mirror. Her heart beams of delight.

 

“Minkyung unnie?”

 

The said person turns when she hears her name and immediately smiles, “you’re here already? Practice starts in a few hours,” she says as she grabs a tissue to wipe the sweat on her neck.

 

Yebin notices the beads of sweat and how Minkyung looks ten times more attractive and she mentally wants to kill herself. At least not physically yet because she still wants to capture this beauty for the rest of her life. She’s trying her best to decipher whatever the hell Minkyung is saying without looking too much of a hopeless loser.

 

“I know, I came since I woke up early and couldn’t go back to sleep,” she explains calmly and applauds herself in her head.

 

“Are you feeling okay? You’ve been waking up earlier than usual for the past week. I know that’s not you,” Minkyung exclaims as she throws the tissue away and sits down on the floor.

 

“You were aware?” Yebin asks, surprised.

 

“I- I mean we all know that’s not how you usually are,” Minkyung tries to save herself, “you’re not the type to wake up early and go wash up right away. You space out for at least one hour in bed so you wouldn’t have to wait to use the bathroom.”

 

Yebin is astonished, “that’s.. actually true. I didn’t know you put that much attention to me,” she jokes.

 

Minkyung turns away so she could hide her face from the hint of blush she feels rushing up, “you know how I’m observant.”

 

Yebin suddenly throws a side hug which catches the older one off guard but she (not so) secretly likes it anyway, “I missed you,”

 

Minkyung is bemused but she moves her hand from the floor so she could reciprocate the hug, “we see each other every day, though?”

 

“It’s not the same.” Yebin sighs, tightening the hug.

 

Minkyung is too baffled to say anything because she feels like she agrees, so she hugs the younger one a little bit longer. She’s never said it aloud or to anyone before but she has a soft spot for Yebin and her hugs and kisses and the occasionally cuddles they always do. Now? Not so much. She misses that.

 

“I missed you too,” she utters despite being a few minutes late.

 

Yebin’s smile grew wider and bigger and she knows in her heart she doesn’t want to let go of the embrace anytime soon.

 

But eventually, she has to.

 

Minkyung leans back a bit to look at the younger girl, “I see that.. you and Eunwoo have been bonding a lot together lately,” she says as she searches for her eyes.

 

“O- oh,” Yebin clears , “we just-“

 

Right before she could complete her sentence, the door opens revealing a girl with a cute hair bun. “Wow, you guys are here already?” Sungyeon walks in and puts down her small bag on the chair.

 

Both of the girls currently seated on the floor nod their heads in unison.

 

Minkyung turns to look at Yebin one last time, “we’ll continue this talk later.”

 

Yebin nods again, “okay.”

 

 

They just finished their first round of practice but the room is already filled with countless sighs and heavy breaths. The room is getting hotter by the second, it seems. If they could practice with little to no clothing, they sure as hell would.

 

Minkyung and Jieqiong are sitting while leaning against the mirror, both with two plastic cups of water placed on the floor by the side of their hips. Jieqiong is trying to breathe steadily with her eyes closed while Minkyung is done and over with that, so she’s just watching what the rest are doing.

 

Her eyes are in search for one particular member, but she’s nowhere to be seen. She didn’t realize Jieqiong has been nudging her until she heard her voice, “Unnie, do you see Eunwoo?” she asks curiously, her head moving here and there hoping for a sight of the said girl.

 

“I don’t,”

 

“Hmm.. I don’t see Yebin either,”

 

If Minkyung knew better she swears she could hear a tint of disappointment in Jieqiong’s voice when she said that. She gently rubs her back, “is there anything wrong?”

 

Jieqiong keeps her head down, “to be completely honest, it feels like they’ve been ditching me this past week,” she lets out a frustrated sigh, “I don’t know what I did wrong, though.”

 

“I’m sure you did nothing wrong,” Minkyung tries to soothe her, “I’ve been noticing it too.”

 

They look at each other for a brief moment before Kyungwon comes and interrupts, “did you see the way Eunwoo and Yebin practically ran out of the room to go to the toilet? They’ve been hanging out with each other so often that even their bladder cycles are getting in synch,” she cracks a joke.

 

“They what now?” Minkyung almost sounds like she’s scolding Kyungwon.

 

“Yebin literally dragged Eunwoo! You guys didn’t see that?” Kyungwon explains, taken aback.

 

Minkyung gulps down her cup of water before setting it down on the floor and crumpling it.

 

 

“Yah! You’re gonna waste our precious 5 minute break!” Eunwoo complains as she’s being dragged by Yebin to God knows where.

 

“Shush! I have something I need to tell you,”

 

Eunwoo forces Yebin to stop in her tracks, “oh and you couldn’t wait till after we’re done with practice?”

 

Yebin quickly turns to face the other girl, “it’s about us!”

 

Eunwoo regains her composure, “wait, what?”

 

Yebin groans before taking hold of Eunwoo’s hand again and pulling her to get into the toilet. She dismisses the latter’s banters and continues to shut the door and keeps it locked.

 

“This toilet is way too small for two people, you know that right?” Eunwoo asks with a hint of sarcasm, feeling truly frustrated and annoyed.

 

“It’s about the photograph,” Yebin blurts out.

 

Eunwoo’s eyes look like they would fall out of their sockets any second now, “what? What about it?”

 

“You remember how you found it, showed it to me and kept it safely back in the blue pillow case right?” Yebin constructs her words slowly but precisely.

 

“Yes?” Eunwoo is biting her nails now, a habit she does when she’s nervous about something.

 

“Well, when we got back from the café that night, I laid on the bed while you went to the bathroom to shower. You know how I always rest my head on the blue pillow since it’s my favourite. And that’s where you kept the photograph. But as I rested my head on it, I didn’t feel anything,”

 

Eunwoo is still biting her nails, on to her third finger of her right hand.

 

“So I flipped it and I checked, and it wasn’t there. Then I took my other pillow, the red one, and- and the photograph was in there!”

 

Eunwoo stopped biting her nails.

 

“Someone found our photograph.”

 

 

 

 

 


 

a/n: thank you so much for subscribing and upvoting and commenting! I'm not really good at writing, which is why my sentences can be too simple or awkward so I apologize in advance ;; I like to keep it as short and simple as possible since it's my style. Hope you guys understand and thanks!