ㅡO1

Table Turn [Daniel AU]

“Kang Daniel!” The boy's scream filled the whole school. Daniel winced, though they had been friends for years, he still could not bear the loud and annoying noise of his best friend.
“Your father will start a new company, have you heard of that?”
“Maybe,” Daniel replied lazily, his father was always like this. Doing everything at will. "....But not sure if this one will work tho," he continued.
“Did you just cuss your father? After all, aren't you going to be a boss or a director if possible?”
“No, i'm skeptical about it. And for that, my father must have trusted my sister.”
“You're just plain pessimistic, not skeptical, stupid,” The man patted Daniel's shoulder and walked back to his seat, preparing his mental for the next lesson, math.

Pitiful smile exposed on Daniel's face, he knows he is pessimistic but it is true his father trusts his sister more. Honestly, he feels like his love for technology is always underestimated by his father. The reason? Because he is still too "young".

+

“I'm home,” Daniel threw himself on the couch. Finally. School was so tiring, it's like he wanted to run away.

“Oh, you're home?” The brown-haired woman approached him, “I just wanted to leave a note for you. I've prepared your food on the table. Do not forget to eat or you'll get sick.”
“Where are you going?”
“I want to discuss-”

He left his sister's words unfinished, guessing it, “Ah, you're going to take part in the new company. I understand. Good luck, nuna!”
“Daniel, i'll try to talk to father.”
“Ah, it's no need. You can handle it better than me. I'm tired enough with school,” Daniel closed his eyes. He had given up on his father's decision.

For Daniel, his sister is the only one who understand him. A dream he never told anyone about, his sister knows very well about it. Maybe for some people, dream is nothing but a figment. But for him, it is the thing that he craves for so much. Somehow, his father wants him to take the fields of law. Thinking about it is enough to make him wants to throw up, he really hates the law.