The Resolution

The Consequences

Nayeon closed her eyes and hoped things would get any better for her after she opens her eyes although she knew it was impossible. She sighed and opened her eyes, and just as expected, nothing changed. This week could have never been worse for TWICE and, especially, for Nayeon. First, since Nayeon and Momo were both exposed wandering around without any protection, lots of fans started to stalk them more intensively. One incident was Chaeyoung who only went out to buy a teethbrush and some snacks by herself since the store was just right across the street from where they were staying, she was safe inside the store but right after she left the store, lots of ONCEs unexpectedly surrounded her asking for her signature or taking photos. Of course, JYP, who was very upset with this incident, then decided to take an action, he recruited a lot of securities to guard the members wherever they go and thanks to the additional security guard, no more such incident occured. Second, since that day, Chaeyoung hadn't talk to Nayeon at all because Nayeon thought she was blaming her for what she had caused even though Nayeon didn't think it was completely her fault and she also thought that the fans who were waiting for Chaeyoung probably were already there and accidentally saw Chaeyoung. 

Then, they were gathered at the meeting room inside the JYP agency building. After a very long (and boring) discussion between the CEO, staffs, and members (the members were barely talking and just agree with the discussion since they were completely exhausted after work), they decided that Nayeon and Momo would be punished by the agency. They had to pay for the extra security and must apologized publicly for breaking the rule. Nayeon rather paid the security than apologize in front of the press, she could pay the security pretty easily because it wasn't too expensive and didn't affect her financial too much and she felt the same could be said for Momo. However, Nayeon was much worried for later the press conference because she knew that the press could be very mean to her and twisted the meaning of her words into something bad. Many times before the press asked unrelated questions to them on any occurence, even when they were promoting their album those annoying and unrelated questions would always appear.

"Don't worry, I know you can handle the journalists and remember, not every journalist is mean, all you have to do is take questions from honest and trustworthy journalist. I'll talk to you later to give the list of the journalist that will present later this evening and give you some advice,"  said JYP before he left the room. Nayeon was genuinely surprised on why he would do that to her, she thought it was supposed to be a punishment.

After the meeting, almost everyone left the room. Only Nayeon, Jihyo, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu left inside the room and this made Nayeon uncomfortable because she still felt Chaeyoung was still upset at her. Jihyo was there to gave her advice on how to handle the journalists later but she had no idea at all on why Tzuyu was there. Both Nayeon and Jihyo sat on the opposite side of Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who seemed to be focused on their phones. While consulting with Jihyo, Nayeon took a peek on her opposite side several times to checked on Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who were getting more and more focused on their smartphones.

Just after Nayeon looked away from them, all of the sudden Chaeyoung shouted, "THAT'S IT I'M DONE, I WILL QUIT THIS SCHOOL AND JUST WORK FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!" Nayeon was completely shocked and confused then she immediately looked at Jihyo, only to see Jihyo looking back at her signaling she also had no idea on what was going on at that very moment. However, Tzuyu seemed to know what was the problem and tried to calmed Chaeyoung down by saying, "Chae, it's okay, they are just envy of your achievements." "Envy? No they are not, they are rich already and doesn't even have to do much hard work later after graduating!" answered Chaeyoung angrily. 

"Guys, guys calm down, what happened?" said Jihyo while standing up.

"This group of rich girls on our school keep harassing Chaeyoung and me for weeks and saying a lot of bad things about us, Unnie," Tzuyu said with a sorrowful expression on her face while Chaeyoung had not said any word and just spinning on her chair in frustation.

"Chaeyoungie, so all this time you are not angry to me?!" Nayeon said with a bit of grin on her face.

"What? Of course not, why would I?" Chaeyoung responded with a confused face.

"I thought you blamed me for that incident, that's why...."

"Oh God, of course not! Well, honestly a bit but I'm not that upset though," cut Chaeyoung before Nayeon finished her words.

"Seriously, can we get back to the topic? Please explain what happened to both of you guys at school and why won't you told us your unnies?" said Jihyo with a  worried face as she genuinely worried for her dongsaengs. Nayeon was relieved when she knew that Chaeyoung wasn't actually mad at her, but now she worried about something else, the maknaes.

"Umm... just keep in mind that this is not completely our fault okay? I swear we weren't the one who started this," Tzuyu said worriedly and she continued, "so it was all started about two weeks ago when both me and Chae were finally able to go to the class despite the heavy schedule so we haven't learn anything when we came to the class. Chae asked one of the rich girls of what the teacher was explained, but instead of explaining the subject, she raised her hand and told the teacher that both of us was too busy to learn the subject and well, that's when things are getting nasty."

"Yeah, I was completely pissed of them and I may or may not shared an embarassing pictures of her which I was taken last year during the field trip," Chaeyoung snorted, "Then one of them literally shared a gossip that my parents owe a lot of money to their's. You know what? Since no one believed that they started to harass me on social media and if you both noticed everytime I posted something on Instagram, they shared embarassing photos of me, like a lot of it and people started to save it and made a bunch of memes out of it!" Chaeyoung started to get into her temper.

"Wait, where did they got your photos? I don't think they can take a lot of it on school." Jihyo wondered.

"Well, if you are really neat and watched any of our shows and paused it on the right moment, I think there's a thousand of funny pictures for each members," Chaeyoung answered with a mild temper. Quietly, Nayeon actually realized this 2 days ago when she was browsing funny pictures in one of a meme site, she saw bunch of Chaeyoung memes but she had not dared to tell anyone, especially when she thought Chaeyoung was mad at her.

"You know, Jeongyeon also has a lot of her funny faces on the internet or even me, but I know that people will get bored one day and this kind of jokes will fade away as if it never happens," Jihyo calmly adviced Chaeyoung. "And now Tzuyu, what is your problem?" Jihyo gave full attention to Tzuyu who queerly, seemed a bit stressed.

"Me? Umm.. no... I'm okay...." Tzuyu lied. However after both Nayeon and Jihyo gave a strong stare at her, she started to speak, "I.... ummm...." before she even started speaking, Tzuyu tried to close her face with both of her hands as her tears slowly fell from her eyes and Chaeyoung patted Tzuyu on her back shoulder while signalling both Jihyo and Nayeon to leave the room. Before any of them left the room, Tzuyu ran and left the room, leaving the people inside the room in confusion. Jihyo stood up to go after her but Chaeyoung stopped her and told her that she had been like that every night for a week. Of course, Nayeon had no idea on any of this since she slept on different room, Dahyun and Chaeyoung was her only roomate so they must know something.

Jihyo seemed a bit mad and asked Chaeyoung of what really happened to Tzuyu. Chaeyoung explained that Tzuyu was actually got the worse thing happened to her and it was started last week when she "accidentally" spill out some soda to one of the rich girl's clothes after they mocked Chaeyoung on school's cafetaria. She also stated that she already told Tzuyu to stay out of this business and let her handle it because she had several friends she could trust at school. What Tzuyu experienced was much worse than just a flood of memes on the internet and Chaeyoung also said that she already in serious consideration on quitting the school. The rich girls had a great influence on the school and even some famous artists on the same school tend to side with them rather than Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, they used their influence to spread things that never happened to Tzuyu, such as the smell at the girl's bathroom was getting worse when Tzuyu left the bathroom and the worst of them all, they said that the only reason Tzuyu entered TWICE was because she seduced people who had inflluence on the judgment and the vote was all lie because basically they thought Tzuyu had no talent at all and only her pretty face that could make her entered the group. Normally, Tzuyu would ignore all of the gossips and rumours that spread around the school, but she could never be able to take the gaze and stare from the people whenever they saw her. Chaeyoung said it stressed her a lot because almost every students looked at her differently and Chaeyoung couldn't convince all of them by herself and that's why Tzuyu was so stressed and hadn't go to school for the last 3 days.

Jihyo seemed to think for a bit, looking for a solution on how she could clear Tzuyu's name and prevented the false rumour to spread furthermore, she even asked Chaeyoung the girls' names then wrote it down on a note. Nayeon couldn't help but to feel sympathetic towards Tzuyu although she knew it wouldn't make anything better. Chaeyoung started to spin her chair (again) while blankly staring at the ceiling. Without any notice, Jihyo stood and left the room, Nayeon wanted to follow her but she still had to finish on what she was going to say on the press conference. Suddenly without notice, Tzuyu went inside the room with a clear evidence on her face that she had cried, she awkwardly sat near Nayeon as it was the closest chair from the door.

"Tzuyu, are you okay?" Nayeon said while patting Tzuyu on her back. Tzuyu didn't answer, she just nodded but Nayeon knew she wasn't. Chaeyoung stopped spinning on her chair and grabbed something from her bag then walked towards Tzuyu.

"Here, take it, this will make you feel better, I promise," Chaeyoung offered her chocolate bar. Tzuyu took the chocolate from Chaeyoung's hand and took a bit, Chayeoung pulled the nearest chair and sat on it while facing Tzuyu. 

BANG!!! The door opened very hard and loud that everyone inside the room was greatly astounded. Jihyo entered the room with a very bright smile and crouched in front of sitting Tzuyu then held her hands and stared right into Tzuyu's eyes with her own magnificent eyes.

"Now, you don't have to worry again, I already talked to a staff to clear your name at school and don't even worry about those girls anymore. Our staffs still have the vote from Sixteen and I don't think those girls realized that one of them, has a father who actually contributed a lot to our show and he even owned a bit share of stocks on our company so spreading such false information is a very bad business for them. So basically, the vote from the website will be spread through the social media once more and one of the girl's father will come to your school to give confirmation about the false rumour AND he is currently on the way here with her daughter to apologize to you personally." Jihyo briefly explained with the brightest smile on earth while holding Tzuyu's hands.

"Thank you.... Unnie..." Tzuyu raised a smile.