part 2; FINAL;

It Takes Time

We are now at the nearby park standing by a small river. We’re not talking. Were not looking at each other either. We’re just taking in the beautiful view of the river.

 

“Tonight is a beautiful night isn’t it?” Baekhyun turned his head and smiled at me.

I nodded my head in agreement and smiled back, 

 

“It sure is”

 

Still staring at the river, I suddenly felt my hands intertwined with another pair of soft hands. I looked down at where my hand was and then I looked back up..

 

Baekhyun is now staring at me. 

 

“_____-shi I know what i just did is really surprising and I also know i haven’t been myself lately even though you’re already know I don’t speak much words.” He chuckled.

 

I continued staring his deep brown eyes. Unknowingly, I arched an eyebrow in confusion, giving him the signal to continue.

 

He let go of my hands and leaned over the railing. His eyes gazed towards the river in deep thoughts.

 

“Truthfully, I haven’t completely been honest with you and also….myself.” Baekhyun heaved out a sigh. 

 

I can feel him hesitating.

 

“Baekhyun-shi, you do know i’m here to listen right?” I assured him.

 

He nodded and let out a soft “I know”.

 

“When I was a kid, i’ve always been fascinated seeing lawyers standing up in court and defending different cases. They stood confidently and presented their evidences to the judge with pride. I always thought lawyers fought for justice and help the innocent. When I successfully became a lawyer myself, I learned that it is not always the case. Sometimes I have to fight and defend for the bad guys too. But there’s always a limit to how a person defend and stand up for evil. I’ve defended criminals like abusive husbands, murderers and even rapists. I cannot believe I did that, really _____-shi.

 

He started choking up. 

 

“But my recent case…just made me wonder if I really deserve to live another day. This mouth here, as i’m speaking, helped prove a man, who killed his son and wife, innocent. He just walked away free because I argued that the evidences provided wasn’t enough and did not match up. That man is probably enjoying himself right now while i’m here living another day full of guilt and I-i…can’t take it anymore ____-shi. I-i feel like i don’t deserve to live-“

 

At this point, tears streamed down his face. His hands covered his face and sobbed softly. 

 

Without realising I started getting tear-eyed too. I grabbed his hand away from his face and immediately hugged him. Despite being shorter than Baekhyun, he rested his head in my neck. I patted his back slowly, calming him down and whispering to his ear that it is alright.

 

At that point of time, I finally understood why he wasn’t being himself for the past few times we’ve met. The reasons as to why he didn’t talk much about his job or avoiding the topic every time I asked about his case. All these thoughts running through my mind have finally been answered. At the end of the day, Baekhyun is doing his duty to defend a citizen whose rights are protected by constitutional law and cannot be easily taken away despite the actions the citizen has acted.

 

 

***

 

 

“Thank you for bringing me home as always Baekhyun-shi.” I looked at him. 

 

“You’re most welcome ____-shi.” he replied with his eyes slightly swollen from the crying. “Actually do you mind sparing 5 minutes more of your time?”

 

I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

 

Baekhyun locked his eyes with mine.

 

“I really like you _____-shi. I see myself being happy every time I think about us being in each other’s presence. I really want to be with you and do more things together than just our occasional dates.

 

Will you be my girlfriend _____-ah?” 

 

His eyes twinkled for the first time ever since we started dating. 


OMG IT TOOK ME SO LONG? im so sorry lol t_t school started and i had so many breakdowns trying to adjust myself back to school as a new semester begins. i'm sorry if it did not fulfill your expectations. I really tried. after posting part 1 i suddenly forgot what to write for part 2 cos i didnt plan the whole story properly lol. i'm so bad at writing ahhhhhh. 

 

please leave many comments & i'll reply!