Lee Chan: Part 5

Stay Strong Seventeen

As soon as the doctor and the manager left, Seungcheol took quick steps to take a look at the sick boy. When he entered the dim lighted room, Chan was sitting on his bed looking incredibly thin in that white t-shirt, he seemed ok, he seemed better, he was having a hard time putting on his jacket, his arm hurt because of the shot he just got, it looked like the doctor also hoocked him on an IV drips for some time, he had two plasters on his arm and he looked rather dizzy.

It took S.coups no time to reach him and silently helped him with his jacket "Cold?" he simply asked as he grabbed the fabrick and Chan nodded. Now looking at him up this close, he looked weaker and more velunrable, he slowly closed his eyes as his leader helped him put his jacket back on. 

When Jeonghan finally stepped into the room, Chan was laying down as Coups helped covering him up with his blanket "Chanie !!" he called for the younger "Maknae-ah are you ok?" he kneeled near his face trying to get a closer look at the boy who only nodded "The doctor said that you shouln't be leaving bed today" and the other just gave him one more nod

"Ok, just rest" Giving up on an answer, Jeonghan tapped the boy's head gently before he stood up facing S.coups 

"The boys want to see him but I guess I'll have to tell them not to come in for now"

"I'll appreciate it" 

"And ... mmm ... Chicken soup?"

"Yeah chicken soup sounds good, he needs to eat" 

Jeonghan nodded leaving the room and directly moving to the living room where the others were waiting for news "How is he?" was all what Jeonghan could hear as soon as he stepped into the living room "He's resting, I'm sorry but you can't pile up on him quite yet"

Jeonghan heard sights and muffles

"We won't possibly pile up on him Hyung"

"Really Hyung ?"

"He's sick"

Jeonghan cracked laughing "I know I know you wouldn't but he really needs to rest now, and we need to cook him some chicken soup" 

"I'll help" Mingyu was the first to offer

"Ok great, guys just split up and do what you can, just don't be loud" 

Immediately after that, everyone got up to work, some cleaned, others just helped around silently while Jeonghan and Mingyu were in the kitchen making food. Meanwhile, S.coups never left Chan's side, he kept checking on him every now and then, making sure that he was resting well. He didn't flinch, not until Mingyu nearly scared him to death when he enetered the room with a tray of hot soup and some rice in his hands.

S.coups sighed and cursed under his breath "You scared me Mingyu" he whined, the younger gave me an apologising look "Sorry" he murmured as he put down the tray of food on the night table next to the maknae's bed.

Mingyu had a quick look at Chan who didn't even move since he curled in his blankets

"Is he ok?" he softly asked his leader. Seungcheol nodded "His fever is dropping so I guess he's getting better" 

Mingyu watched as Seungcheol leaned a little next to Chan and gently shook him up "Kiddo, come on you need to eat"

Dino stirred, he was really tired to even move and he shook his head saing No but Seungcheol wouldn't leave him alone, Mingyu got closer too "Hey look ! I know you're tired but you need to have this and take your pills"

By the time S.coups finished his few words, Jeonghan came inside the room and only seconds later, Hoshi followed by Woozi came too and in about one minute the room got crowded and Dino found himself in Jeonghan's arms holding him tightly

"Just finish it and I promise I'll cuddle you all day" Jeonghan said and surprisingly Chan scoffed, he smiled 

"Oh please" The younger said

"Oh my baby I won't leave you alone ever again" Jeonghan screamed tightening his grip around the boy and holding him closer. The others watched amused as step by step they got closer too and cuddled the sick boy even harder.

When the manager came back, he found S.coups doing whatever in the kitchen,  probably making some tea "How is he now?" The manager asked. Seungcheol nodded "He's fine, much better, inside with the others"

"Ok good, I got him his pills, he should take them"

"Yeah ok, that if you could find him" Seungcheol smiled making the manager get puzzled "What?" 

"Well, it's a mess in there"

The manager finally understood what S.coups was trying to say "He's breathing in there righ?"

"Hopefully" the leader said sarcastically, a small laugh escaping his mouth, he stirred the sugar inside his tea cup and walked toward the manger and they both walked back inside the Maknae's room.