Part 2: Summer Song

Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh come on, you have to teach me before the test, or I'll fail for sure!" From the edges of your consciousness, you can hear the panicked pleas of one your friends begging the smartest in your group to tutor her for the upcoming tests. Numerous students pass by you to enter the school, the racket of friends greeting each other and chatting threatening to drown the words of your own pals.

Not that you care very much, to be honest. Even though your eyes are trained on the movements of the moving pink lips in front of you to give the impression that you're following the conversation, you're really looking at the street leading to the school from the corner of your eyes. The school bell will ring soon. Almost like clockwork, you can see Jimin furiously pedaling his way towards the building. It's hard to control the laughter that is fighting its way out of your mouth as you watch him swerve dangerously into the space designated to park the students' bicycles.

Looks like he made it today too, you think to yourself just as the bell rings and a teacher summons the loitering pupils into their respective classes. Ever since the day you met him at the park in spring, you can't help but seek Jimin out whenever you're in school. It's the start of summer now, which has given you plenty of time to figure out that he always arrives just in time before the school bell rings. Somehow he has the timing down to science, because you have never seen him late before. Still, you keep on watching him, every day without fail.

You tell yourself that it's simply because you find it amusing. However, you can't deny that Jimin is extremely good-looking. Why haven't you noticed it before? Maybe it's because he's so quiet, managing to keep a low profile for so long that he doesn't stand out and others rarely talk about him. You find that you don't mind him being a little anonymous— you like that you can keep him all to yourself, as selfish as that sounds.

Hours of having knowledge and information drilled into you pass by slowly. Bottom lip snagged between your teeth, the tip of your pen tapping against your notebook, you try to pay attention to what the teachers are saying. Without your noticing, the school hours inch by. Yet when the final bell rings, you remain in class, organising your thoughts as you do your books. Summer holidays is upon you, which means you won't be seeing Jimin for a while. The idea makes you sadder than you expected. Although you can't have stayed more than twenty minutes after school ends, the class and even the hallway outside is mostly quiet by the time you head out from the room.

And almost right into Jimin. A gasp sits on top of your lips, but you manage to hold it in. Slowly you feel your wide eyes shrink to their normal size as you get over your shock and register the uncertainty in his posture. At first he looks surprised, just like you, but his gaze shifts down almost immediately. His teeth abuses his plump lower lip and his hands wrestle each other nervously.

"Hi, Jimin," you unconsciously greet him in a softer voice than your normal enthusiastic manner. Heart beating a little faster due to the fact that he materialised just after you thought about him and that he looks like a nervous animal. Jittery enough that you're afraid if you spook him, he may just turn and run into a forest.

"Hi," his response is even softer than yours, then continues at a speed that almost has you taking a step back. "During the holidays I was thinking of maybe going to the beach and taking pictures, you know, I'm sure the weather would be nice and warm, it's starting to get warm and the contrast of colours would look gorgeous—"

It's clear that he's starting to babble, and a bubble of laughter escapes you. Jimin never fails to make you smile. "I think that's a great idea," you tell him with a grin even though you feel a little wistful on the inside. He already has plans for the holidays while you have nothing else in mind other than finishing off your summer homework. However, even after you've reassured him, he still looks on edge. Perhaps even more than before. Sensing that he's not quite finished, you wait patiently for him to form the words you can practically see on the tip his tongue.

"I— I was—" Expectancy risen, you try not to show your impatience when he chokes a little between words. "I was thinking that maybe you'd like to join me?"

"Oh!" Warmth like hot chocolate spreading through your body overcomes you with pleasant surprise at his invitation. "Are you sure? I don't want to get in your way."

Eager nods of his head like an excited puppy gets you exhilarated as well. "If you don't mind, perhaps you can model for me as well?"

"Me?" Sure, there was that time that he took your picture laying down among the fallen sakura flowers, but you've seen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter