Part 1: Laugh Away

Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What is spring to Jimin?

He would say that it is the invigorating smell of newly cut grass. It is the refreshing wind that blows in when he throws his windows open in the morning. It is the return of melodies sung by birds returning to their perches on the tree branches. It is Mother Nature caressing Earth with her gentle touch after the harsh, cold winter has been blown away.

"Don't forget your lunch box, Jimin! And don't stay out too late!"

"I won't, Mom!" He promises, grabbing and stuffing his sustenance for the day into his school bag. Flinging it over his shoulder, it bounces against his other, heavier bag, but he does not mind as the treasured bag is well-padded. Besides, one does not give this sort of thing much thought when there is the world waiting just behind the front door of his house.

Most of all, spring to Jimin is the light pink flowers blooming along the road as he cycles to school as far as he can see. The breeze that caresses his face and blows through the strands of his hair as his feet pedals the vehicle at a leisurely pace is refreshing, and he much prefers this to the stuffy corridors and restrictive rooms of the school building.

However, it is not all that bad. Because he knows you are there. It isn't that you are extraordinarily beautiful in your uniform of white shirt and navy skirt. Of course you are not ugly either. It's just the way you simply glow, a smile always upon your face, energy radiating off of you. Even at a distance from the bicycle stand he can imagine the trill of your laughter coming from the school gate, the melodic sound soft yet standing out among your friends' giggles and chatter although he is too far for the sound to grace his ears. It is your personality, your cheerfulness regardless of the weather that lightens his heart and brings a smile to his to his face.

There is nothing more that Jimin wishes for than to be in the same class with you, simply so that he can bask in your light a little longer. Not that being in the same room with you on a daily basis will change anything. Jimin is too shy to even talk to most people, much less to you, the girl he has been crushing on the moment he laid his eyes on you. He is fine with it, though. Perfectly content to just watch you from afar whenever you are in the vicinity.

School hours pass by so slowly when one is bored out of his skull. Jimin is a fast learner and a dreamer; a dangerous combination that leads him to spend most of his classroom time with his chin planted in his palm, staring out the window, tuning out his teachers' voices like they are mosquitoes barred by a camping tent, uninterested because he already understands what they are trying to teach the students. No, the azure sky overlooking the light flushing sakura trees below is infinitely more riveting.

At least the sights are still there when afternoon comes and he is finally released from school, even if he does not see you anywhere. Swinging his leg over his bicycle, he flips his foot against the kickstand, releasing the vehicle from its lone shackle and immediately shifts his feet to pedal. The wind that hits him as he accelerates is brisk, a contrast to the leisurely descend of petals lining the roads but he relishes it, eager to reach his destination. Tires screeching over the pavement and the gorgeous spread of light pink petals greets him as he arrives at the park.

A small space out of the way for most people, in the afternoon on a workday, Jimin has found this to be a perfect time to have this place all for himself without the hustle and bustle of people wanting to enjoy the sakura trees as they do every year. Not even bothering to park his bicycle properly, he flies off of it, letting it clatter onto the ground. His hands are more careful when lifting his expensive camera out of the bag, but after he secures the strap around his neck, both the camera and school bags are thrown into the air with a carefree laughter as he rushes forward.

Carrying himself forward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter