A School For Bloodsuckers

Bite Me I Dare You

 

    Ugh, it's cold.      

Gayeong shivered and pulled, what seemed to be, a blanket closer to her body. She slowly opened her eyes, finding herself to be curled up on a makeshift bed in the back of a car. She closed them again.

    I knew this would happen one day, I knew it. The perils of being a lone woman in a dangerous world... for the kidnappers though, cause I'm broke as hell! what if I die?? I never got to play with a live orchestra god dammit!

Thoughts ran through her head, yet Gayeong simply began stretching out on the mattress. It was cut to fit over the backseats, but didn't cover the AC. On full blast, it arose goosebumps on her thin arms. 

    I read somewhere that if you act like you're not threatened, some psychos lose the joy of whatever they're doing. Guess imma roll with that! They didn't tie me up, so I doubt they know my true strength. Too bad I left my knuckles at home...

Gayeong's eyes were still closed as she wriggled around on the bed. To be completely honest, she didn't care who kidnapped her, or where she was going. She knows how to defend herself in this kind of situation, and if it came down to it: she wouldn't care if she died. 

"Are you finally awake?!" Jinri's excited voice struck the ear of Gayeong. "Sorry about having to do the 'thing', again. It's usually the only way people will come with us." She nervously laughed after her apology.

    ...So that's why my neck feels 85 years old. This ing chick karate chopped it for Christ sake! Yo, if her and her boyfriend kidnapped me I ain't even mad. They're probably taking me to be some sort of maid in their huge mansion made of diamonds and angel tears. Okay, maybe not that, but like they rich as . 

Gayeong sat up and rubbed her eyes, finally deciding to keep them open. With one hand on her aching neck, she took in the surroundings of the car. Jinri sat in the passenger seat with Dongwan driving, and the car seemed to be going through a thick forest. Turning to look in the back, there were many cardboard boxes in different sizes stacked neatly to fill all the space.

    What are those for? Is it my stuff? I remember Jinri saying something about getting my things when we were in the cafe...Dang if's that ALL my stuff, my apartment must have looked so sad. There's only like 20 boxes jeez. 

"Oh, that's all your stuff. You didn't have much, so we decided to take everything." Jinri answered, seeing Gayeong examine the back.

"I have some questions, do you mind answering them?" Gayeong stated with ease. 

"No problem, shoot."

"One, why did you kidnap me? Two, this doesn't really feel like you're kidnapping me, so what are you doing? Three, where are we going? Four, am I going to be there for a long time? Finally, is this all for the best?" The words flew out of at lightning speed in blank monotone. 

"Basically, you are 'special' so we are taking you to a school where two kinds of 'special' people are taken to learn about their 'specialties' and become partners. It's all for the bettering of your life, as this school can find you the person you'll spend the rest of your life with." After taking a moment to think, Jinri responded cheerfully.

    Okay so 1. I'm a special snowflake 2. They're taking me to school great I love it so exciting 3. Going to that special school 4. Im gonna be here til I'm dead aka kill me now 5. It's for 'the bettering of my life' how nice...but why am I, of all the people in the world, so special??? Shall we find out? 

"There is something you're not saying, isn't there? How am I and these other people, 'special'?" Gayeong dug deeper.

"Um...we were going to let the principal tell you that when we got to the school. Do you still want to know?" Jinri was hesitant, she could tell.

    Is it really that bad? Maybe she means special in a bad way, like I'm horribly defected so I have to be taken away for society or something. I'm not surprised at this either. God damn my self worth is so low, when did I get this bad??? Gurl you cute, smart, and play instruments. You even know how to throw a punch, GET IT TOGETHER. 

"Yes, please enlighten me." Gayeong was starting to get suspicious, she knew the both of them were good people, but where was this all going?

"Gayeong, you're going to go to a school for vampires and their partners. Many partnerships, or couples, are created at the school that will last forever. At the school you can learn the normal subjects, but it includes vampire and partner history, many extracurriculars, and special survival games in PE. I think you'll have tons of fun." Jinri said very quickly. She wanted to say what it was, but in an appealing way. After all, they did just kidnap her to her to a school where she could be considered a meal.

    I ING CALLED IT!! I KNEW VAMPIRES AND MYSTICAL CREATURES EXISTED ALL THE KIDS FROM 3RD GRADE CAN MY NONEXISTENT !!!  But wait this basically means I'm being put on display to choose amongst other drinks at a school....bruh. Watch me be last choice and get discounted 50% I cry 

"Am I a vampire or a partner?" Gayeong kept her crazy thoughts to herself and just asked this one question. 

"That's all you're asking, wow. You're definitely not full vampire, but there is a possibility you could be half-vampire." Dongwan answered with a shrug of his shoulders. 

"Cool." 

"You aren't shocked or anything?" Jinri asked, genuinely confused at Gayeong's calm state. 

"Nah, just surprised it took you this long. My dad once said something about some people searching for me." Gayeong wrapped herself in the blanket and curled up again. 

    This has to do with what Dad was always talking about... He kept saying "they" were looking for me, maybe this vampire school is it? But, Jinri and Dongwan seem like they just stumbled upon me by chance. Maybe this all has to do with my moms family, after all she was the one who...ugh it's no use wondering. It's not like they can give me the answers either, it's better to leave it in the past. 

"We'll be reaching the academy in about 10 or 15 minutes so you can just relax." Dongwan looked at her using the mirror. "It's called Mystic Falls, by the way. If you want to be fancy you can add Academy at the end, but students always leave it out." 

"Ok, thanks." She smiled. 

Soon after, the car came towards a giant, steel gate. It had eccentric designs on it, and cursive letters proudly spelling out the school name. The car parked to the left, where a brick wall seemed to run around the clearing where the school was located. There were about 10 other cars of similar size near the entrance.

    I guess those are all used to get more people like me. At least, in keeping with true "kidnap for ransom" style these all look like gangster cars...

"So here we are." Dongwan trust his arms out unenthusiastically. 

"Come on, Dongwan! Don't sound so bleak, how do you think Gayeong feels?" Jinri joked about his tone. 

"Are we going to go in or...?" Gayeong questioned after some time. They were just standing there looking at the gate.

"Oh yeah! Not like it's super important, but we have to get you enrolled and tested." The two laughed again at their forgetfulness. 

    These people don't seem like the perfect students...but I don't judge. I got my own weirdness, and they're pretty funny too!  

The trio walked in after a code was entered on a keypad near the gate, entering easily.  The mere size of the school was shocking, but there was also gardens and two more large buildings to accompany the main. 

      Is this a small town??  These gardens are pretty and stuff but like...how far does it all go?? My legs are already telling me to find a couch and sit for eternity. What if the buildings only have stairs...I hiked once so I'll be fine, right??? 

After walking for what seemed forever, they got into the school building. It was fairly normal, with the typical lockers lining the walls and classrooms ever few steps. 

"Not only is the whole building composed of the school facilities, it also has the dorms and a few student lounging rooms in it also." Jinri chirped.

    I guess that explains the size. I wonder how many kids actually go to school here, plus faculty...are animals allowed on campus? In books some vampires always have pets that they talk to. I'll ask Dongwan later if he has a dragon HAH

"The dorms are separated by gender and after that they are divided by partner and pure blood levels. That way, you don't have to fear about being bitten by a sleepwalking vampire. A staff member is probably transporting your things to a temporary room right now. Once the test results are in, you'll get a permanent one." Dongwan added to Jinri's statement.

    A sleepwalking vampire. Truly they are the ultimate species, obviously evolved farther than us lowly humans. The keep saying test but they aren't telling me what it's for, I'd like some help!! 

"So what's this test for, anyway? What do I have to do?" Gayeong asked.

"Oh I should probably tell you that! All you have to do is get some blood taken and it goes into this super high tech machine to find out what level partner you are. There are three original possibilities, then your blood type and power quality further places you into a specific category. They say it's to help you find a partner, but it's really just for school heirachy and records." Jinri shrugged. 

"Here, if you want you can look at mine." Dongwan pointed to a small name tag on his coat. 

    Ooo shiny silver, how it makes my eyes sparkle! Okay Gayeong stop being weird and read the darn thing. 2+NO Dongwan VP. That sounds like a recycled username...I like it. 

"I hope you know I'm going to call you by that entire name now, 2+NO Dongwan VP." Gayeong laughed. 

"God spare me. I hate having to walk around with this. Luckily it's small. All name tags have your level, average power, blood type, name, and partnership status." He flicked the name tag with distaste. 

"Gayeong-ah, look at mine too!!" Jinri bounced with excitement and proudly shown her tag.

    Ah, hers is gold! To show partner versus vampire, I bet. Meh I never really had a preference over which I liked better anyways, silver will be okay. Wow reading I should really do that. SDA Jinri BP. 

"Cool, SDA Jinri BP." 

"I swear if you call us like that, I'm going to make them take extra blood during the test." Dongwan glared at her and Jinri copied. She didn't look quite as scary.

"Mhmm sure you will, sweetie. As long as you're there to tell them to!!" Gayeong shouted as she ran ahead. 

    This isn't that bad! I made some cool friends, I'm going to get a free education, I'll get a cool name tag. All I gotta to do is get with somebody, and be their juice box every now and again. I can deal. Now...to the test location. BROOM BROOM!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay I posted Chapter 2 :) Hope someone who reads it enjoys it even though I just write it for fun heh xoxox Kate