005

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

“What just…”

“Is that…”

“I think…”

Both packs remained frozen before looking around in unison, confusion and pure shock written all over their faces.

“Did Sehun just find his mate…?” Asked Jongin, seeming the most shocked of them all.

“Did he just find his mate before me????” Asked Chanyeol holding his hand to his chest as if he had heart ache.

“Hold on, hold on” said Ji Ae. “Jinah is Sehun’s mate…?”

“Seems like it” said Jimin.

“But she’s human…?” Exclaimed Ji Ae.

“It’s not uncommon for wolves to have human mates” replied Joonmyeon recovered from the shock.

“Oh mer gawd” said Baekhyun in English with a very heavy accent easing the tension in the bar, causing a few to laugh.

“Okay let’s get back to work” said Namjoon clapping his hands, signaling to the pack that it was back to business. With that, the group dispersed, some grabbing seats, while others behind the counter, making drinks.

“Where did Sehun take her?” Asked Jongin.

“he shouldn’t do anything rash” said Yixing quietly. “that could scare her since she’s human…”

“Wise words from Yixing” said Minseok clapping his hands.

It was at that moment that a certain trio’s teamwork decided to rise up to the surface.

Jongdae, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun eyed one another and steadily got up before running towards the door, most likely attempting to eavesdrop on their angry maknae and human mate.

Joonmyeon sighed, shaking his head.

“I’ll make sure they don’t do anything dumb” said Jongin as if knowing what his alpha was thinking.

With that, he followed the trio out the door.

-----

Sehun pulled the shocked and slightly flushed girl out the door and into the cool night.

Jinah felt the stranger’s hands tightly wrap around her wrist and whimpered, not because of pain, but because of the tingly sparks she felt in the area where his hand was.

Hearing her whimper, Sehun loosened his grip on her wrist, but continued to drag her into the alley next to the bar.

Coming to her senses, Jinah realized that she was basically being dragged away by god knows who.

“Let me go” Jinah tried shouting, however it came out in a whisper. She couldn’t explain why her body was reacting the way it was. “Who are you? Where are you tak- -“

Before she could finish her question, Sehun grabbed her wrist, turned her 180 degrees, making her face him, and pushed her into the wall on the side of the bar.

She gasped in shock as Sehun put his hand behind her head, preventing her from slamming her head in the brick.

Jinah’s eyes widened in shock as she stared at his chest rising and falling as he breathed.

“you talk too much” whispered Sehun into her ear. Jinah froze, not knowing what to do. Sensing her stiffness, Sehun removed his hand from behind her head and placed them on either side of her head.

He bent down to look at the prettiest brown eyes he had ever seen. For a moment, he had forgotten all the anger pent up inside of him.

As his gaze was fixed on hers, Jinah’s heart was beating out of her chest, which didn’t go unnoticed by Sehun. The man standing in front of her looked as if he was carved from a sculpture, with high cheekbones and a perfectly chiseled jaw.

The lone streetlight in front of the alley only made the man more beautiful.

“Who are you?” Whispered Jinah, not able to trust her voice.

Her voice was like music to his ears, even if all he had heard were whispers.

“Oh Sehun” he said, keeping his gaze locked with hers. “And yours?”

“Why do you need to know that?” Jinah asked. For some reason, she couldn’t take her eyes off the man in front of her. Why was she so attracted to him even though today was the first day they were meeting?

“I told you mine, isn’t it courteous to tell me yours?” Sehun asked with a small smile, stunning Jinah.

“Lee Jinah” she said without realizing she had given her name to a complete stranger. Jinah gasped, bringing her hands to cover as her eyes widened, realizing what she had just done.

Cute

Sehun’s mind went back to the incident in the bar, making his anger rise up.

“Quit your job” said Sehun rather stern.

“Quit my what?” Asked Jinah, breaking out of her trance“No”

“yes. You will.” returned Sehun quickly.

“No” replied Jinah again, crossing her arms. “Why should I?”

He touched you” said Sehun angry at his mate for questioning his reasoning.

“Yes he did. But who are you to tell me what to do?” Asked Jinah angrily. Yes he was handsome and good looking, but he didn’t have the right to tell her what to do.

“Because I’m your m-” Sehun’s voice trailed off as he stopped him self before saying the m word.

“My what. Your my what? We just met today” exclaimed Jinah shaking her head unbelievably. Before Sehun could answer, using his werewolf hearing, he heard chatter in the distance.

“Get off me you’re ing heavy”

“It’s not my fault you’re a weak mother er”

“I’m not weak, you just eat too much”

“Both of you shut up before Sehun hears us you idiots”

“hey! we’re older than you”

“Just do it” sighed Sehun, not wanting to argue more. His mate was perfect, but she was stubborn. Unable to control his anger, his eyes unknowingly turned gold, meaning his wolf would take over soon.

“Y-your eyes” gasped Jinah, not knowing if what she saw was correct.

Realizing his eyes had turned gold, Sehun took a deep breath, breathing in the tropical mango scent of his mate and closed his eyes.

Opening them again, Jinah sighed a breath of relief as she had seen his eyes turn back to their original brown color, thinking it was just her imagination.

“Anyways, Mr. Sehun-sshi,” said Jinah emphasizing the -shii part,”I need to go back to work”

Before Sehun could say anything, Jinah pushed herself off the wall, brushing past him, turning the corner as she headed back to the bar.

Jinah walked to the entrance before putting a hand over her beating heart. She took a deep breath before walking back into the bar.

Sehun ruffled his hair in annoyance at his difficult mate. Yes he was ecstatic that he had finally found his mate after waiting 6 years for her, since his 18th birthday.

However, he had always visioned his meeting with his mate to be easy, that she would immediately run and jump into his arms in glee and they would live happily ever after. Of course God had to make his life difficult and give him a stubborn mate.

Sehun cursed in his head just as he heard chatter from around the corner.

“You can come out now” said Sehun turning to look in their direction.

One by one, 4 wolves piled out from the corner of the alley.

“ehe… you knew…” said Chanyeol scratching the back of his head.

“How could I not? You guys were loud as ” said Sehun walking towards the guys, stopping right in front of them.

“Anyways?? What do you think?” Asked Jongdae changing the subject.

“About what?” Said Sehun.

“About her?? Your mate?” Said Jongin obviously.

Sehun shrugged.

Lee Jinah.

Sehun said her name in his head, a small smile forming on his face, causing s to be shocked.

“Is Oh Sehun, the ice prince actually smiling???” Exclaimed Baekhyun.

Sehun ignored the rest as they began teasing Sehun. Jongin threw his arms around Sehun’s shoulder patting him on the back.

“Is the world coming to an end?” Teased Chanyeol.

“My boy getting whipped!” Said Jongdae, making Sehun pick up his pace as he headed back into the bar.

“Shut up” said Sehun trying to escape the elders’ teasing, whilst thinking back to his mate.

Lee Jinah… I’ll make you mine, just you wait.