029

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Jinah laughed as Sehun laced their fingers together. It was a beautiful Saturday weekend, and Sehun had insisted that being the home person that she was, Jinah get out of bed and enjoy a nice stroll through the forest with him. 

“Isn't this nice?” Asked Sehun.

“It actually is pretty nice…” muttered Jinah looking around in awe as the streams of sunlight penetrated through the tall branches and their leaves. 

“Come here” Sehun gestured Jinah to come towards him, to which she happily obliged. He wrapped his arms around her and breathed in her scent. He was so distracted by her that he didn’t notice anyone else around them.

“Sehun” The way she had said his name sounded so scared coming out of . His eyes flicked down to her eyes and saw that she wasn’t focused on him but behind him. That was when he smelled fear radiating off of her along with a nasty smell of death. 

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” Sehun didn’t hesitated to push Jinah behind him as he spun around to face them. 

All 3 of them. 

There were three vampires standing in front of him as they slowly but casually closed in on them. Both Sehun andJinah’s eyes widened as they recognized the one standing right in the middle. He was the one who had attacked her the other day. 

“Isn’t this cute?” Sneered the one standing to the right. 

“I don’t believe I introduced myself…the name’s Seowon,” announced the one that was supposedly suppose to be locked up. He pointed at the two besides him. “and this is Jiwon and Janghoon.”

“I hope you remember our names beautiful. You’ll be seeing more of us anyways” smirked Janghoon.

“You two make a cute couple” said Jiwon with a sneer. Sehun felt Jinah’s grip on his arm tighten as he continued to glare at the three in front of him.

“Filthy mutt and his princess can’t keep their hands off each other” chuckled Seowon. “ing disgusting.”

“What are you doing here on my territory?” Sehun growled as he heard a whimper from Jinah’s mouth.

Seowon grinned as he enjoyed the way they backed the so called Almighty wolf into a tree with no where to run. “We just wanted to play”

“Leave.” Said Sehun with a cold tone, much colder than what Jinah had ever heard. Jinah’s eyes widened when she heard how deadly Sehun’s voice got. Gone was her sweet boyfriend. “Right now.”

“But why? We’re just getting started” smirked Janghoon. 

“Don’t push it. I’ll ing destroy you if you don’t leave right this instant” Sehun threatened as he felt his eyes slowly change color. Sehun immediately sent a message to his pack to get here immediately and gather the allies.

“That filthy vampire ing escaped from our cells. He’s back with two others” said Sehun into the mind link.

“Where are you” asked Joonmyeon.

“North eastern part of the territory. I don’t know how they got this far in through our patrols but I’m with Jinah right now…” said Sehun quickly. 

“Hold them off and be careful” warned Minseok.

“We’ll be there with some of the others” said Joonmyeon as he barked orders through the mind link to the other members.

“Aw, we just wanted to be friendly and introduce ourselves to the pretty lady right here” said Seowon giving a wink to Jinah. She felt a rumble through Sehun’s spine as she was being pressed to his back. 

“Leave her out of this. This is between you and me” hissed Sehun.

“Why?” Smirked Jiwon. “Is it because she’ll fine out? Come on man, you’re going to have to tell her sooner or later…”

“Tell me wh-“ Jinah’s voice trailed off as her eyes widened when she noticed sharp teeth coming out from the mens’ mouths. From her experience of watching all the Twilight series, this was not suppose to happen in real life.

“Jinah. I need you to run” mumbled Sehun under his breath.

“What are you talking about?” Asked Jinah tightening her grip on his shirt.

“When I say now, I need you to run as fast as you can back to your apartment” he said quickly.

“Sehun, I’m not going to leave you here alone” said Jinah shaking her head. 

“Now!” Shouted Sehun before he leaped into the air, transforming into a large silver wolf. Jinah’s eyes widened in shock as she stayed frozen in her spot. 

He was just a boy, a CEO, her boyfriend. 

And now he was a wolf. 

A ing animal. 

She couldn’t believe her eyes. It didn’t make sense. None of this made ing sense.

She watched as the silver wolf pounced on Jiwon, who hissed through his fangs. Jinah’s heart began to race that her chest felt like it couldn’t take it anymore. 

The silver wolf briefly turned around as if signaling her to leave. The same wolf with golden brown eyes. The exact ones she had seen flash multiple times in her boyfriend’s eyes.

“S-Se-Sehun?” Jinah stuttered still not believing her eyes.

It was him. He was a wolf. The large silver wolf was Sehun.

Thoughts began to speed through her mind. A loud growl echoed through the forest which knocked her out from her thoughts and immediately fear overtook her.

Run.

That exact word echoed in her mind and she felt her two feet take off on its own as she ran through the forest towards her apartment, not knowing if the direction she was running was even right. She took a look over her shoulders when she saw one the guys, Janghoon, run after her.

She stumbled and ran through the dense forest until her foot got caught between a tree root, evidently tripping her. She screamed as she collided with the cold, hard ground groaning as she pushed herself back up. 

“Why are you running sweetheart?” Asked Janghoon with an evil grin plastered on his face. 

“Get away from me” Jinah shakily began to take small steps back, tears streaking down her face.

“Now what would be the fun of that?” Sneered Janghoon. For every step she took back, he took one forward, eventually pushing her into a tree. “Why don’t you just obey me and this would be a lot less painful.”

He lunged for her neck as Jinah screamed in fright. But before he could touch her, something flashed in front of her eyes, pushing Janghoon off of her, tackling him to the ground. 

Her eyes that were once filled with fear were now a combination of both confusion and horror when she noticed that the creature that had tackled Janghoon was another wolf.

“Run” shouted a voice breaking her out of her thoughts. Jinah turned the left to see Baekhyun running towards her. Her eyes shifted from Baekhyun to the wolf and back who was still attacking Janghoon.

“Baek, wha-“ her voice was cut off when the wolf slammed Janghoon on a nearby tree causing her to scream.

“Just run. I’ll make sure no one gets anywhere near you” said Baekhyun, before he himself turned into a brown wolf, joining the fight. He didn’t have to tell her twice for her to immediately obey.

Ignoring the pain in her leg, Jinah ran and ran until she got to her apartment. Constantly looking behind her to see if anyone or anything had followed her, she tried to push in her combination, crying out of frustration at her failed attempts in opening her apartment door. After about 5 tries, the door finally clicked open and immediately she ran in, locking the door behind her frantically. Streams of tears ran down her face as she crumbled down to the ground.

He was a wolf. 

Her boyfriend had lied to her.

She laughed at her own stupidity, how naive she was to believe that someone actually loved her and was genuine with his feelings.

But most importantly, he was a wolf, an animal. 

It just didn’t make any sense. 

She didn’t know how long she had been sitting on the ground but by looking at the time, it was already night time meaning at least 3 hours had passed by. Slowly getting up, Jinah figured that what she needed was a shower. A hot one. 

And after that, she was going to bed. She was going to bed and forget that any of this happened. That this was all a dream. 

-----

A knock on the door woke Jinah up from her sleep. Dried tears caked her face as her body felt heavy and there were aches all over as she tried to get up. Not even checking who it was knocking on her door, she opened it, noticing who it was and immediately tried to close it. However, a hand reached out and stopped the door from slamming in his face.

“Go away. I don’t want to talk to you” said Jinah coldly.

“Please, please just let me explain” whispered Sehun vulnerably. 

Exo had come rushing along with Bangtan and Got7, splitting up in case more vampires had decided to show up. Thankfully, there were only the three of them however, they recaptured one of them, as two of the others got away. Immediately, they called for more patrol in search of the other vampires. Sehun had run almost immediately to Jinah in fear for the worst. 

“Go away” He had heard the tremble in her voice, breaking his heart into even more pieces.

“I’m so sorry baby, just please let me tell you the truth” begged Sehun.

“Y-you’re a monster” whispered Jinah as the tears weld up in her eyes.

Sehun took a step towards her and whimpered. “Please don’t say that, I’m not a monster…”

“You’re an animal” said Jinah taking a step back using her arms as a shield.

“Please don’t be afraid of me” whispered Sehun hurt. What hurt him more was the fact that his mate was crying because of him.

“You lied to me…You lied to me about something so big, about who you were. You played me like those people back home. Those people who think it’s okay to lie to my face and play with my feelings. And I thought you were different. I genuinely thought you loved me and cared about me. But it turns out this was all a lie anyways…” said Jinah breathlessly as she tried to catch her breath. 

“I do care about you” Sehun said quickly.

“Not enough to tell me your identity” scoffed Jinah. It was almost funny how stupid she was for believing him. 

“Just listen to me and I’ll explain everything.” Begged Sehun.

There was a part of Jinah that wanted to listen to what he had to say. But there was also a part of her that didn’t want to hear anything that came out of his mouth.

“Go” said Jinah wiping away her tears. “Where do you want to start?”

“Mates…all wolves have mates, you know that right?. Well, mates are werewolves’ other half. They’re their only mates and the only person they would want to be with for the rest of their lives…” explained Sehun. 

“Okay and?” Frowned Jinah.

“Jinah…you’re my mate” said Sehun finally revealing his big secret.

“What?” Whispered Jinah eyes widening not believing what she was hearing. 

“You’re my mate” he said again.

“That can’t be true… I’m human and you’re a…that…what…” mumbled Jinah, her thoughts all over the place. “So you knew?”

“Knew what?” 

“Knew that I was your mate”

“Yes, I did know…” replied Sehun softly.

“So when you came to me, in the bar, you knew? You knew that I was your mate and you didn’t say anything?” Asked Jinah as the tears began to form again. 

Sehun looked at her guiltily, his heart shattering into even more pieces.

“I-“

“So everything between us, everything you said to me was all because I was your mate. Everything was fake between us because the only reason why you loved me was because I was your mate”

“No, everything was real. I really did and do love you Jinah” he said reaching his hand to cup her cheek but Jinah quickly slapped it away, not wanting to feel his touch.

“Now you’re going to tell me that all of your friends are werewolves, that Jungkook, Seokjin and all of them are all werewolves too, that Ji Ae and Moonbyul Unnie along with my best friend Mark and his friends are werewolves too…that everyone I had met here had ing played me”Jinah looked at Sehun hoping he would deny her statements, but was met with silence.

She scoffed and laughed as she tried to deny reality. “So everything was a lie. Everyone…everyone all lied to me…even Mark… everything was a ing lie”

“That’s not true baby, you know everyone would do anything to protect you” said Sehun trying to get his mate to calm down.

Jinah shook her head not wanting to hear anymore excuses as her eyes filled with tears threatening to fall. “Leave.”

“What?”

“Get out. I don’t want to see you or your friends’ faces ever again.”

“Please, just give me a chance” By this time Sehun was on his knees as his eyes were too filled with vulnerability and tears. “Please…I love you…”

He loved me.

But he lied to me.

If he loved me, he wouldn’t lie to me…

“Just leave…your making this harder for me” she said as she officially turned her back on him.

She heard him sigh sadly and back away, the door closing behind him with a click. That was when she broke down again that night, for the nth time, and this time, it didn’t stop. 

-----

Sehun walked into the pack house looking as if he hadn’t slept for days. Immediately, everyone began to bombard him with questions but soon died down when they saw the state that he was in.

“How did…it go…?” Asked Joonmyeon carefully. Sehun didn’t say anything as he stood there with an empty expression on his face. 

“I screwed up…” muttered Sehun. “God, I ed up so badly…”

“What are you saying?” Asked Jongin concerned for his best friend.

“She doesn’t want to see us anymore…” repeated Sehun, his head spinning from the possible rejection. “She found out, about us and what we were. All of us.”

No one said a word, not a single peep.