014

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Thank you for the comments and upvotes! I really love reading them and once again thank you guys so much for the positive feedback <3 Please keep letting me hear your thoughts and here's another update because I just feel so motivated to keep writing due to all your love <3 Enjoy the chapter :)

xoxo

-----

The minute Sehun walked through the door he once again saw the most of the pack, including Bangtan crowded on the couch. Joonmyeon and Minseok were off with their mates doing who knows what.

Sehun made a questioning face and kicked his shoes off. “What are you guys doing?” Then pointed at Bangtan and added, “And why are you guys always here?”

Taehyung faked a hurt look and put a hand on his chest, “It’s as if you don’t want us here hyung"

Sehun shrugged in reply. “Just wondering who’s been eating all of my cookies. Don’t think I didn’t know”

“Damn he caught us” whispered Jimin. “No wonder he’s the CEO of a big company.”

“Smart” nodded Jungkook.

“And why does he look like that?” Asked Sehun pointing at his best friend. 

Jongin sat up with a smitten grin on his face, “We were trying to figure out the answer to an oddity.”

“And what would that be?” Asked Sehun looking confused. 

“Since when do you go to work without losing your temper once in a single day and actually smile at work?” Blurted Chanyeol, a goofy grin plastered on his face. 

“Am I that scary?” Asked Sehun pointing to himself. Every single face across the room gave him a ‘duh’ look.

“Rumors spread throughout our company chain that Mr. Oh Sehun came to work with an actual smile on his face” teased Baekhyun. “The world really must be ending soon…”

“Go to hell” muttered Sehun flipping the older male off. 

“I know you just took Nana home, but why do you smell like you’re drenched in human scent?” Asked Jongin sniffing Sehun.

“ooohhhhhhhhhhh” chorused the whole group.

“But to him, it probably smells like tropical mangos” Jongdae added cheekily earning a high five from Hoseok.

“It’s not what you guys think!” Argued Sehun putting his hands on his ears trying to block out the oohs and the ahhs. 

“Then explain” demanded Baekhyun leaning his head in, wiggling his eyebrows as if waiting for Sehun to spill the tea. 

Nothing happened” emphasized Sehun pushing Baekhyun’s head away with his hand. “She was cold so I gave her my jacket like a gentleman.”

“Mhmmmm” teased Jongdae. “That’s what they all say”

Sehun shot him a glare, not wanting to waste his time arguing with them.

“I’m going to go up” said Sehun quickly taking the chance to escape their grasps. He bolted towards the elevator leaving the rest who stayed behind to talk, more like gossip. 

“He’s just too shy to admit” was the last thing Sehun heard before the elevator doors closed, moving stealthily up to his floor. Each pack house was like a mini apartment with each member of the pack occupying a floor and Sehun occupied the 4th floor. 

Sehun walked into his room and placed his jacket he was holding on the couch. Staring at the jacket, he quickly grabbed it and put it on. A tropical mango scent reached his nose and as he took a deep breath, a full whiff slammed into him as if he had just walked into a wall. 

Just breathing in her scent made all his fatigue from the day go away. And he inwardly swore he was not a creeper smelling his mate’s scent. 

-----

Jinah was singing when she grabbed a banana from the fruit basket the next morning. Usually she would be trudging through the house with a tired expression, trying to wake up.

But not today.

Up until a few nights ago and even back in her hometown, Jinah’s usual nights were filled with her struggle with insomnia that usually had a negative affect on her the following mornings. 

However that hasn’t been the case the past few days, almost a week, and it made Jinah wonder what exactly she had done differently. 

She didn’t know why but she felt lighter on her feet. She knew her situation back home would still be the same, which was why she moved here in the first place, but it didn’t bother her as much this morning. Plus, all the new friends she had met here almost made her forget about the ty people back at home. 

She quickly put on her shoes and opened the front door, not paying attention to what was in her way. Keeping her eyes on the purse whilst fumbling through it trying to look for her keys, Jinah hadn’t realized the figure standing in front of her. 

Walking out backwards, she closed the door and locked it before turning around, slamming into something hard.

“What the !” Shouted Jinah in surprise. Opening her eyes, she stared at the ‘object’ in front of her in what seemed like a tie. Jinah looked up only to see Sehun smirking at Jinah’s look of disbelief. 

Her hand was over her heart as her heart beat faster and faster. Sehun had definitely heard it all.

“You scared me” said Jinah still shocked. Her eyes grew big and her eyes fell open at the sight of him in his work attire. He was wearing a navy blue suit with a black tie, white collared shirt tucked into black skinny jeans. 

Seeing her expression, it was almost worth it waiting close to an hour for her to get ready, making him wonder why exactly girls always took long to get ready. 

“Let’s go” said Sehun walking towards the stairs. 

“What are you doing here?” Asked Jinah blindly following Sehun. “Don’t you have work?”

“I’ll go after I drop you off” said Sehun pulling out his car keys. 

“But won’t you be late?” Asked Jinah again. 

“The CEO is never late” replied Sehun, but truth is he was going to be late and he was never late.

“Can I ask you a question?” Asked Jinah. Sehun had just opened the passenger door of his car and gestured her to get in. She quickly sat in the car as Sehun closed the door and ran over to the drivers side. 

“Ask away” said Sehun settling into his seat. 

“Why are you doing this?” Asked Jinah.

Sehun turned and gave Jinah a questioning look as if asking her to explain what she had meant.

“The day we met, you grabbed me and asked me to quit my job. Then you apologize and I don’t see you again for a couple days.” Ranted Jinah. "Then out of nowhere you save me from being attacked by this drunkard while getting hurt yourself.”

When Sehun didn’t give her a reply, Jinah continued, “And then you start picking me up from work and now you’re taking me to work and I’m pretty sure this isn’t even close to where you live because as you can see- -“

Sehun continued to listen to Jinah ramble on and thought to what s had said about Jinah talking too much. 

So this is what they meant by her getting lost in her rambles…

He had no intention of answering any of her questions because it wasn’t like he could just reveal what he was all of the sudden. 

Quickly leaning towards Jinah, Sehun’s face was centimeters, maybe millimeters, away from Jinah’s face, causing Jinah to shut up, heart beat quickening. 

He grabbed her seat belt and buckled it in for her then looked up at the girl, who gasped in shock, eyes widening in the process. Sehun lifted his hand and brushed a stray piece of hair from her face.

“You ask too many questions.” Muttered Sehun gazing at her with a soft look. 

“You don’t really answer my questions either” Jinah forcefully muttered trying to calm her damn heart. Her eyes traced down his sharp jaw, down his neck to where his Adams apple was. 

And just like before, flutters appeared in her stomach again and she swore she had never felt this way before. 

“Let’s just say I’ve taken a fancy towards you” said Sehun simply before backing away, turning on the car engine. And in a way, his words were the truth. 

Jinah’s voice caught in . She felt her heart beat speed up as his words repeated in her head. Before she knew it, she was getting lost in her own world, not realizing they had arrived in front of the bar. 

“Jinah” said Sehun shaking his hand in front of her to try to grab her attention. “We’re here”

“huh- oh!” Said a startled Jinah. 

“What are you thinking so hard about in that pretty little mind of yours?” Asked Sehun gazing at the girl.

“Oh um, nothing!” Chuckled Jinah awkwardly. “Thank you for the ride”

“Anytime” replied Sehun. “I’ll see you later.”

Jinah said her goodbyes before getting out of the car. A soft smile didn’t leave Sehun’s face as he drove off. Looking at his rearview mirror, he saw his mate stare blankly at the ground.

Jinah grabbed onto the bar door trying to calm her still beating heart. Jinah pulled the door open, taking a deep breath before preparing herself for another day at work.