She's... Weird

When You Love Someone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By now, it was an understatement to say that Yongsun was surprised. ‘Shook’ would be a much appropriate word to describe her state of being.

Byulyi moved from behind her desk to greet the struck girl, holding up an outstretched hand for the second time of the day, to introduce herself again to someone who she already met for the first time at lunch. Paradoxical, but it’s happening.

“Nice to meet you… Solar-ssi.” Byulyi paused, trying to process the brunette’s “new” name. On the other hand, she was pleased that the girl gave her Korean name at lunch. 

Kim Yongsun versus Solar, was a big contrast indeed. But, it was a pretty name regardless.

“Solar… Big trend in green energy alternative in housing.” Byulyi digressed in her mind, clearly an occupational hazard.

Yongsun was way past her eyeball earthquake, flushed with embarrassment as she accepted Byulyi’s handshake meekly, looking like a small child who did something wrong. Never have she wanted more than to run into the woods screaming at the top of her lungs. 

Byulyi chuckled, nose muscles crinkling slightly. There was something extremely hilarious at the sight of Yongsun's candid reaction she had to admit, in fact, she held herself from laughing out loud. The brunette looked so innocent.

“Keep your calm, Kim Yongsun, keep your calm!” Yongsun chanted in her head, praying that the mantra would help her out of this awkward situation she got into.

Needless to say, Yongsun chastised herself endlessly for not recognising Moon Byulyi as her boss. How could she have not thought of looking up on information about her boss on Naver at least. It was too late for regret, the struggle was real.

“Nice to meet you too…” was all Yongsun could say, she wasn’t so sure that it was nice to meet Moon Byulyi anymore. Her hopes of a good first impression was out the window. Now, she earnestly hoped that she did not screw up over lunch.

“I hope your first week with us has been well so far? Wendy probably has quite a bit of stuff to handover, how’s the handover going Wendy?” Byulyi asked.

Yongsun nodded in response, trying to get herself together and focus.

“The handover is going rather well, just a few more protocols to familiarise with and Solar will be ready to assist you!” Wendy replied.

“Sounds good. Conference season is going into full swing in two weeks, hopefully Solar here will be up to speed and ready to go. Which means, I have two weeks to be in denial of having to fly a gazillion times in a month. Whoever claimed that flying was a magical experience, we need to talk.” It was a quirky habit of Byulyi to babble on when she was triggered, especially about having to sitting in boring long- flights that often.

Yongsun caught the humour in Byulyi’s sarcasm and laughed absentmindedly. It was true, flying was tiring, even for the passengers. The whole checking-in, boarding, not being able to sleep comfortably on board, an occasional crying baby or two and spending a couple of hours in a plane would be draining for the most frequent of fliers. 

“Solar here used to be a flight attendant! She probably understands your sentiments!” Wendy quipped, throw in the additional trivia about Yongsun. 

“Ah really?! Finally someone who can empathise!” Byulyi grinned back at Yongsun, glad that their casual chat broke some ice and made her comfortable. It seemed that her and her new assistant was off to a good start, which was a brilliant thing. Yongsun, or Solar seemed like a really nice girl.

On the other hand, Yongsun too, was very relieved that her boss was as amicable as she had found during lunch. Also, she was pleasantly surprised that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter