Hospital visits

Ravenclaw Seeker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi again!!

I know I left you hanging last time but here's your reward for waiting haha :)

Thank you for all the cheering comments and all the support!! <3 it means a lot to me ^^

Enjoy!

 

 

After Kihyun caught the Snitch and finished the match - as fast as he could - the two teams headed to the Hospital Wing. The pink haired couldn’t focus after the incident and, even if they didn’t get as much points as he wanted, he couldn’t care less when Changkyun was unconscious. The possibility of winning the Quidditch Cup wasn’t a priority in his mind, he could only think about the Bludger hitting Changkyun’s head and making him fall from his broom. Kihyun saw everything in slow motion as if it was a movie. Hyungwon tried to stop the Bludger from hitting Changkyun at the same time Seth did and they both crashed, almost falling from their brooms too. They managed to keep on playing but no one seemed to be completely focused. When the Slytherin Seeker caught the Snitch, Alana didn’t look angry and she ordered her team to go to the Hospital Wing immediately.

The first floor was full of students piling up to see what happened and they had to push everyone to reach the Hospital. Madam Pomfrey was trying to make them leave because she couldn’t have a crowd outside while she was trying to heal students and she made the two Quidditch teams stop midway. Jooheon and Robert - Kihyun was glad the Gryffindor prick finally realized he was being stupid and went to see Changkyun, leaving his pride aside - were already by Changkyun’s bed and the pink haired’s heart clenched at the sight of him, laying unconscious on a hospital bed. “Only 6 visitors at a time! I won’t repeat it!” Madam Pomfrey yelled and they stared at each other. Belle instantly ran into the Hospital, not waiting for them to decide. Hyungwon followed closely, apparently thinking they were competing or something, and Alana entered the room too. She was the captain of the team and she somehow felt responsible for it.

“Kihyun! Go in” Hollie desperately pushed him and Lucy arrived seconds later to help her. They weren’t teasing him, they both seemed worried and the Slytherin Seeker could do nothing against them. Kihyun felt insecure for the first time in his life and he didn’t know if he wanted to see Changkyun with all those students surrounding his bed. Robert didn’t seem happy when he shakily entered the room and approached the bed. The pink haired was squeezing his broom’s wooden surface with one hand and the Snitch with the other. He didn’t even realize he still had it until McGonagall appeared and took it from him.

“How’s Changkyun?” the headmistress asked Madam Pomfrey about it.

“He will be okay, don’t worry, Minerva” the healer was known to be very good and she never failed. “He may be unconscious for a few hours or maybe days but it is a normal thing. Nothing to worry about” she went to another bed and gave a first year student some potion. The Hospital only had two more students and Kihyun realized Madam Pomfrey managed to kick everyone out of the corridor. The two Quidditch teams remained there though and they seemed anxious. The Bloom sisters were tiptoeing to see what was happening and Theodore was trying to calm Reuben down. The youngest member of the Ravenclaw team never saw anyone getting hurt during a match and he was in the verge of tears. Kihyun stared at them for a few seconds, not wishing to see Changkyun in that state anymore because he was scared he would break down in front of everyone. He needed to act strong and pretend he didn’t care, even if his heart was beating furiously inside his chest and his eyes were starting to get wet and betray him.

“It was your fault! I saw you back there!” Robert pointed at Kihyun, screaming like a crazy person. Alana, Jooheon and Belle turned to look at him in confusion but no one believed Robert’s words. The pink haired was so startled he didn’t react at first; his body was shaking so much he didn’t know if he’d be able to fight. “You two were talking! What did you say yo him, you prick?!” Robert pushed him and he almost fell on the floor. Hyungwon quickly stepped in between them and grabbed the Gryffindor boy’s arms in an attempt to stop the discussion but he was extremely skinny and weak, unlike Robert. “Let go of me, !” he took out his wand from his pocket and threw a curse at Kihyun. Thankfully, the Slytherin Seeker had his wand in his Quidditch robe’s pocket and blocked it successfully.

“No fighting in my Hospital! You three, out!” Madam Pomfrey pointed at the door and Robert clenched his teeth and his fists before obeying. Hyungwon seemed confused and he whined, trying to tell the woman they weren’t fighting. “I don’t care, Mr. Chae. Out!” the two Slytherin boys went slowly to the entrance door of the Hospital and Kihyun got startled when Robert pushed him again.

“Fight back, coward!” the Gryffindor student seemed eager to fight but he wasn’t. His mind was still thinking about Changkyun’s expression when he called him by his name and he wondered if he would remember that the moment he woke up. Kihyun didn’t know what came into him but he didn’t like showing his weak self that much. Changkyun was the person who saw him like that more times than anyone else and he didn’t know how to feel about it. ‘He helps me relax and be myself... it should mean something, right?’ he thought, hearing Robert’s voice as if he was far away. “HEY!” the guy yelled and Kihyun finally reacted raising his wand to block every curse Robert threw at him. “Where you trying to kill Changkyun?!” he kept on saying stupid things and the pink haired wanted to run away and lock himself inside his Common Room.

“Silencio!” Kihyun used the Silencing Charm to shut Robert up. “Expelliarmus!” he used the Disarming Charm, making his opponent’s wand fly away from his hand. He then used the Jelly Legs Curse and ran from there, being followed by Hyungwon. He knew Robert was calling him coward inside his mind and he knew the two Quidditch teams were staring at him in confusion but he didn’t feel like looking back. Lucy and Hollie surely entered the Hospital Wing the moment they left and he thought it was better that way. The two boys kept on going until they reached the Dungeons and Hyungwon begged him to stop so he could breathe. Kihyun listened to him for the first time in years and stopped, waiting for his friend. Hyungwon had no air in his lungs and he was struggling to stay up. They both sat there at the stone floor and said nothing for long minutes.

“I know it wasn’t you” Hyungwon assured him, patting his thigh in a comforting manner. “I saw you trying to warn him” he surprised Kihyun with those words and he widened his eyes in shock. Hyungwon saw them? Would he judge him? “I tried to stop the Bludger but Seth had the same idea and we crashed” he chuckled. “Don’t worry, Madam Hooch said he’ll be fine” the taller one smiled and Kihyun found it extremely weird. Since when was Hyungwon that nice to him? They were always bothering each other, making each other angry.

“I-it doesn’t matter” Kihyun took courage to speak, he needed to be strong. “We won, right?” he asked and Hyungwon rolled his eyes. The pink haired didn’t feel ready to let Hyungwon know how much he truly cared about Changkyun so he stood up after the slim boy nodded, heading to the Common Room before Robert went there to check if he was walking around.

 

Belle was sitting on Jooheon’s lap, playing with his hair while they visited Changkyun at the Hospital. They went to have lunch after Robert’s little scene and they got back right after. Hyungwon, Hollie, Lucy and Robert - who wouldn’t stop glaring at Hyungwon - were there too and they were chatting. It was odd to have an unconscious Changkyun in between their chairs but they wouldn’t stay in silence all the afternoon. Belle wondered where Kihyun was and she wished to punch Robert’s face for making him leave. The Slytherin student hated showing how much he cared about Changkyun and Belle knew he struggled to enter the Hospital earlier. It was all Robert’s fault; that Gryffindor knob head always thought he was right and he was never right.

After a while, Robert left, not taking it anymore. Hyungwon stuck his tongue out at him when he turned his back at them and they all giggled silently not to be heard. “Prick” Hyungwon whispered. “It wasn’t Kihyun! I saw him this morning and he was bloody affected” the tall one circled an arm around Lucy’s shoulders while talking. “His body was shaking and he was extremely pale, I never saw him like that before” Hyungwon told everyone and the three girls shared knowing glances. They were sure Kihyun liked Changkyun as much as Changkyun liked him but they also knew Kihyun wasn’t easy when it came to admit things. “He even forgot to return the Snitch to Madam Hooch and before I went to the Great Hall with you” he paused to point at the Bloom sisters. “I found him laying on his bed, spacing out while staring at his bracelet” Hyungwon was curious and the girls could tell he wanted to know more. He stood up after saying those words and grabbed Changkyun’s wrist, revealing his Ravenclaw bracelet which matched perfectly with Kihyun’s Slytherin one. “His aunt didn’t give it to him, right?” Hyungwon turned to look at the girls and the three of them shook their heads. Jooheon was as confused as Hyungwon and he stayed quiet, listening carefully to what the Slytherin boy was talking about. “Are they a couple?” he hesitantly asked but the girls shook their heads again.

“They just like each other” Belle smiled. “They are so adorable” she chuckled when she saw Hyungwon’s and Jooheon’s expressions.

“Why didn’t he tell me? I thought he liked Megan Scott because he didn’t want to give Bryony an opportunity” Jooheon finally opened his mouth and the three girls laughed out loud. They couldn’t believe how dumb those two were. It was obvious Changkyun and Kihyun liked each other. They suddenly stopped fighting and they disappeared at the same time almost every day. Also, Kihyun went upstairs every time he left and the Slytherin Common Room was down the Dungeons. Besides, Lucy saw Changkyun making Kihyun laugh at the Quidditch match and getting distracted. The Ravenclaw boy never got distracted before, much less if it was against Slytherin they were playing.

“Why would he like Megan? I don’t think Changkyun knows she exists” Belle frowned at the lack of intuition her boyfriend had. “Didn’t you suspect anything?” she asked and the two boys shook their heads. “Boys” the three girls muttered in unison and shook their heads in disbelief. The sun was starting to disappear and the Hospital’s candles started shining. They were left alone in there and they made sure no one was listening to their private conversation. “You know, Heony” Belle pecked her boyfriend’s cheek. “Changkyun never told you anything because he thought you and Robert would judge him for being gay” she explained and Jooheon seemed hurt.

“Why would I judge him? He’s my friend and that won’t change” the Gryffindor student sighed. “But he was right about Robert... maybe he wouldn’t like that” Jooheon understood Changkyun’s doubts.

“Hey, promise you won’t say anything about this matter” Hollie suddenly said, directing her words at Hyungwon and Jooheon. “Kihyun thinks we don’t know he likes Changkyun” she added. “Or maybe he doesn’t know either...” she reasoned, thinking about it for a few seconds. “Nope, he definitely doesn’t know yet” she said and the other girls chuckled.

“We won’t say anything, we have to let them be” Jooheon smiled and Hyungwon nodded in agreement. The five of them stared at Changkyun for a few seconds to then change the subject, chatting about different things until it was dinner time. Belle was surprised not to see Kihyun at the Great Hall for dinner but she was sure the boy would visit the Ravenclaw student when they were all sleeping.

 

Kihyun was staring at his bed’s curtained roof in silence, touching his bracelet delicately with his fingers. The Slytherin boy had been there the whole day, thinking about Changkyun and contemplating what to do. It was already dark outside and the lake looked extremely scary through the window. Kihyun only opened his curtains twice to check on the others and he realized he had been doing nothing the whole day. That wasn’t a problem because it was Saturday but he felt useless. ‘We won’ he thought though his heart ached. ‘We won because he wasn’t there’ his mind started torturing him again and he checked on his wristwatch to see how late it was. ‘3am’ he read, getting shocked at how fast time passed. He entered the boys dormitory at 12pm on Saturday and it was already 3am on Sunday. Kihyun opened the curtain a third time and saw everyone sleeping soundly. He sat up, grabbing his black and green robe to then put it on. He wore his shoes too and started walking to the Common Room, seeing those dim lights illuminating it from afar. The place was empty and he was quick to get out, thinking about going to the Hospital Wing. ‘I hope he’s awake already’ he crossed his fingers while he walked through the deserted Dungeons.

The castle looked creepy at night, something Kihyun always loved, but all those mixed feelings he had made him wish there was more light around. “Lumos” he mumbled, going upstairs in silence and hoping he wouldn’t find any professor or prefect patrolling the corridors. When he reached the first floor, he had to hide behind a pillar and turn off the light of his wand not to be seen. Professor Kim was there, trying to enter the empty Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Kihyun watched him until he disappeared behind the door and he kept on going.

The Hospital Wing had a single candle on and he could see Madam Pomfrey’s dormitory already locked. Kihyun softly stepped inside the Hospital, tiptoeing not to be heard. Poppy Pomfrey had a good hearing after all those years of patients trying to move from their beds when they didn’t have to or students breaking in at night to see their friends. “Muffliato” Kihyun whispered, pointing at the closed door with his wand. That spell made others unable to hear him so he started walking normally after doing it. Changkyun’s bed was almost at the end of the long room and he realized the boy wasn’t awake when he reached his side. Kihyun sat on a chair next to him and stared at his peaceful face with a painful knot in his chest. If he hadn’t gotten distracted he wouldn’t had been hit by that Bludger. “I guess the two of us couldn’t have a lucky charm” he whispered, hesitantly grabbing Changkyun’s hand and lifting his sleeve a little to see his bracelet. The pink haired intertwined their fingers and stayed there, just staring at the unconscious boy. “What does this mean?” Kihyun guided Changkyun’s hand to his chest and placed it on his beating heart. “I cannot like you... right?” he felt so stupid talking to a sleeping person but he needed answers and he knew he wouldn’t be able to ask him when he woke up. He needed to ask away so he could feel his chest light again. “You are a half-blood boy and my father keeps on telling me I have to marry a pure blood girl” he chuckled dryly. “And I cannot like a boy if I’m a boy, that’s wrong” he sighed. “Don’t you have the same opinion? Your Muggle mother must think differently but your father seems pretty much like mine” Kihyun remembered all the times Changkyun’s father went to his house. He knew his own father wouldn’t go to a Muggle property and maybe that was the reason the black haired didn’t know their fathers were friends.

Kihyun sometimes wondered if his father had been a Death Eater just like Hyungwon’s. The Slytherin boy never saw his left arm and he wasn’t sure if the Death Eaters still had the Dark Mark after the Dark Lord disappeared. He had to ask Hyungwon about that later; it was a question that wouldn’t leave his mind. Maybe his father didn’t want him to be with half-blood or mudblood people because he thought the same way as Voldemort. The pink haired stared at Changkyun. “You make me break all my dumb rules, did you know that?” he asked and smiled, thinking maybe it wasn’t something bad to disobey his father a little. Before he could say anything else, he heard a noise from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter