Second

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK 15 YEARS AGO

After spending her short recess time with Sehun, Hayoung spends her school hours thinking about him. Mr. Nam, the math teacher was teaching in front of the class with stern face yet in Hayoung’s vision, she’s imagining it was Sehun that standing there and smiling endearingly at her. She just met him 2 hours ago and she already misses him that much. ‘Is this love?’ she murmured to herself while put a goofy smile on her face.

“Hayoung-ah,” Yerin whispered as she senses the oddity of her friend.

“Um?” Hayoung glances to find her friend wondering at her place.

“Where are you smiling at? Didn’t you somehow find Math is your favorite subject now?” she snickered but still with low voice, afraid to get another detention.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Hayoung raised an eyebrow, suddenly wake up from her reverie when Mr. Nam suddenly pointing his stick at her.

“Yah, Oh Hayoung. Come to the front and solve this question for your friend,” the Math teacher said and it earns a groan from the latter.

Hayoung has no choice except got up from her seat and walk helplessly toward the front of the class, while Yerin could only staring at the taller with pity looks. She knows how her best friend hates the subject so much.

In the other hands, Hayoung started to realize that being in love with someone was successfully making her in the cloud nine, but in the same time she also felt that she should endure a pain, the pain of missed him like crazy.

***

 

Wonwoo walked out from his class while brought a lot of books. He accidentally bumped into someone till made his stuffs fell down on the floor.

“Oops!” the person that bumping into him, whimpered.

“It’s my fault, I’m sorry,” Wonwoo quickly said an apology and knelt down to collecting all of his stuffs.

“It must be me who said sorry to—“ Hayoung didn’t continuing her words when she found out the person that she got bumped into. “You—, again?”

Wonwoo lifted his chin as he got up from his previous place. “Hayoung sunbaenim,” a smile instantly formed on his face.

Hayoung was in a rush to go to library because Yerin just told her that Sehun studies for his final exam. She wanted to meet him, not wanting to disturb him, just only to see him. But, she suddenly bumped into someone and she really wished she won’t meet Wonwoo in that kind of situation. Hayoung knows this boy will bother her too much and she was right.

“I guess you want to go to library, didn’t you?” he opened the conversation. “I wanted to go there too to bring back all of these books. I think we can go together—“

“No!” Hayoung quickly said till creating a gasp on the taller face. Before Wonwoo could asked, she rushed to kneel down and picking up the books as she didn’t let him to grab it all. “I’ll bring it to library for you.”

“W-what?” Wonwoo jaws dropped. “No, you don’t need to do this. It’s my responsibility,” he was about to grab the books back, but Hayoung insisted.

“It’s okay. You helped me yesterday and I owed you for it,”

Wonwoo chuckled. “You don’t need to. I’d do it with sincerity.”

“But still, I should help you to pay it back,” Hayoung tried to form a grin on her face while thinking the best excuse to not let him following her to library and ruined her plan. “… And I heard Mr. Lee was looking for you. He said there’s something he needs to talk about the research with you…”

“Really?” Wonwoo asked in concern.

Hayoung nodded. “So go and meet him now. I’ll bring these books back to library.”

“Thank you so much, Hayoung sunbaenim. I’m making sure to treat you bubble tea later,” Wonwoo bowed politely before walked away, leaving Hayoung with satisfy smile on her face.

“Now, there’s no one can disturb me to seeking for Sehun oppa,” she said to herself while quickly run toward the library with the books that she got from Wonwoo.

And there she was, sitting in one of the desk at the corner. She choose the best spot since her crush, Oh Sehun, was sitting across her, just some meters away from her place. She pick a random book and she seems busy to read it although the truth is, she just used the book to cover her face, so she could freely stealing glances to the beautiful figure that sitting near her.

Sehun was way too focusing on his book, so he didn’t notice her presence either Hayoung didn’t want to disturb him. It was enough for her having a chance to stay near him. The happiness is too much to contained already.

***END OF FLASHBACK***

 

“I know I’m handsome. Stop staring, ma’am,”

Hayoung snapped out when the voice greets her ears. She’s shifting her gaze from looking at the phone wallpaper to the person that already standing behind her.

“Yeobo, you surprised me,” she got up from her bed to land a light slap on the male arm.

“You should put our marriage picture rather than use that photo of mine on your phone. It’s already 10 years though,” a chuckle escaped from his mouth when he catches her hand before he pulled her into inside his hug.

“I love that picture so much. You looks gorgeously charming, yeobo,” Hayoung couldn’t help but feels both of her cheeks are starting to warm up. Her heart is beating uncontrollable every time he did it although they’ve been married for 2 years.

“Omo… You successfully knocked me out again and again, sweetheart,” the male landed a kiss on the crown of her head. “You know what? I can’t believe I fell for a great woman like you in the end.”

Hayoung lifted up her chin to meet the face of a man she loved the most. The taller let out a smile, the endearing ones that always can melt her heart again and again. Slowly his hand moved, reaching for her right hand, placing her palm right on his chest.

“Can you feel it?” he suddenly asked.

“It’s beating, right?” Hayoung said, looking at him with question look.

“Yes, it’s beating so hard… it’s all because of you…”

“Yeobo, how could you be this sweet…” Hayoung’s smile shyly while look down on her feet. This time, her husband places his hand to cup her cheeks, before slowly leaning closer to her face and stole a kiss.

“You should tell the world how romantic your husband is,” he said after broke the kiss.

“Yeobo, you didn’t change,” once again, Hayoung landed a light hit on his arm and it earns a lot chuckle from both of them.

“Hayoung-ah, thank you…” the male said when they stopped from laughing. Hayoung looked up to find the guy was staring at her deeply. “Thank you for creating such a miracle of happiness in my life.”

***

 

FLASHBACK 15 YEARS AGO

Hayoung suddenly wake up as she found herself was still inside the school’s library. She just remembered she had been stayed and spent her recess time there – like she always did during these weeks, to only staring and admiring her crush, Oh Sehun from such a distance. She's massaging her temple while realizing she was fell into sleep earlier. Hayoung could say she had lack sleeping times since she had busy schedules with Apink, yet she has a mission to feeding her hunger heart to seeking for Sehun.

She gazed around the library to finally found out that Sehun’s presence was no longer in there. He must be already going out because she was alone right now. Hayoung blinked some seconds to finally gain her fully consciousness and she eventually able to realize that she left all alone inside the big room.

“Oh shoot,” Hayoung started to curse as she rushes to find the door of the library had locked. “It must be locked when I was sleeping. B-but how could this happened? Didn’t the Security check first before locking it, oh no…”

At the same time, she heard her phone is ringing inside her bag. She immediately grabs it and found it was a call from Wonwoo.

“Hello, Hayoung sunbaenim. Where are you? Mr. Lee asked us to start the research soon, do you have time to—“

“Wonwoo, are you still in school?” she immediately cut his words. “I need your help. I’m locked inside the library. Could you please find Mr. Park, our school security to open it for me—“

Unfortunately, before she could finish her words, her phone was off due the low battery.

“Damned it!” Hayoung cursed again, this time she slammed the table with her hand, feeling extremely mad because she remembered she forgot to bring the charger with her. “I have a dance practice schedules in 3 and I can’t call my manager. What should I do?” she talked to herself while walking back and forth.

She then stopped to exhale slowly.

“Calm down, Oh Hayoung. Calm down. You should find a way to rescue yourself,” she began to gazing around the library before an idea suddenly popped out from her brain. “I guess I should go out from the window. Yeah, it’s the best way now.”

Hayoung was about to reach the biggest and safest window she think that she could jump out soon, but her feet suddenly tripped to something. Her eyes widened when she catch Sehun’s presence that was sleeping with sitting position and his back was laid on the wall. He groaned when he feel someone interrupted his quality time.

Hayoung covered in disbelief before she calmed herself and dare herself to asking him. “S-Sehun o-oppa?”

With a half close eye, the person she mentioned lifted his chin to saw her face. “Hayoungie,” he greets while rubbed his left eye.

‘God, how could he be just this cute~’ Hayoung squeals inside her heart. But, she quickly clears to hide her happiness. “What are you doing here?”

Sehun managed to get up from his previous position and fixing his hair before answer her question. “I have an appointment with Mrs. Ok. I guess I’m waiting her too long till I sleep out here,” he chuckles while rubbing the back of his neck.

And yes, Hayoung could not handle it anymore. She really wants to pinch both of his cheeks by seeing his cutesy, but she knows she cannot do it. So she ends up look down on her feet before the guy can captures her blushing cheeks.

“And… what are you doing here? It’s the end of the class already, didn’t it?” Sehun asked while glancing at his watch.

“Ah y-yes, a-actually…” Hayoung suddenly became panic. “… Mr. Lee was giving me a task to do a research about acting class. And I wanted to find some journal here, but unfortunately, I fell to sleep, yeah, so embarrassing, duh,” she snickered, thinking he might be laughing at her.

But surprisingly, Sehun raised a hand to the crown of her head. He did it softly yet it successfully made her claim herself as the happiest girl on Earth. “Poor you. Being an idol must be that hard. Make sure you should eat and rest well, okay?”

Hayoung lifted her chin to find the taller was smiling at her, so bright and endearingly. She nodded her head and copying his smile. She was totally in a love struck till she misses the voice of abrupt steps that approaching the library.

It was Wonwoo that coming with a young teacher and they succeed to opening the library. “Hayoung sunbaenim!” he quickly running toward her, grabbing both of her hands, ignoring Sehun’s presence that standing near them. “Are you okay?”

Instead of answering his worry, Hayoung immediately yanked his hand away. “Yah, Jeon Wonwoo. Don’t you dare to touch me!” she glares at him.

“I’m sorry if I’m making you wait too long. I quickly ran to find Mr. Park, our security as soon as you told me on the phone. But he wasn’t at his office and fortunately, I’ve met Mrs. Ok, she said she had the spare key to this library,” Wonwoo was pointing at the young teacher that already standing at the back of him.

“Anyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Ok. Thank you so much for saving me,” Hayoung quickly is bowing at her before she gazed at Wonwoo again. “And you… Didn’t you see Sehun oppa is here with me now? Show some respect,” she whispered while nudged the male elbow.

“Oh, I’m sorry, sunbae. I didn’t see you earlier,” Wonwoo quickly greets the senior politely, but Sehun dismissed it. His attention goes to the young teacher that still smiling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter