Heart! Heart!

Can't Spell Bogus Without 'Us'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]

 

hello friends

 

so this is the other 'half' of last chapter (also rip abt me updating in less than a week, im just having a lot of trouble writing fluff?? idk if this is even fluff??)

i dont think its as satisfactory as the last chap but hfdjsajlk idk what to do

 

 

---

 

 

A finger tapping onto her desk matched the rhythm of her clock ticking... if her clock ticked at half of the speed of light.

Nayeon's textbook remained on the same page for the past 30 minutes, where she stared at mercury and its cute little drawing of a thermometer on the periodic table. Only a part of the first question of her assignment was done, but there was only one question that was bothering her.

 

Would Mina say yes?

 

She was in deep thought, and unfortunately not for educational reasons. Nayeon glanced at the two small rectangular pieces of paper on the corner of her desk, tinted in pink, with a nauseating 'House of Love' written in bold across it. They were ticket invitations.

 

"What kind of house party has formal invitations like this?" Nayeon asked, reading the particularily detailed tickets. She was confused as to which host was organized enough to print out every ticket and have them distributed. (And she wondered where she could get someone like that.)

"My friend got me two, so I thought we could go together," Sana suggested, although the tone of her voice showed she wasn't finished. "But..."

 

Nayeon checked the time. It was almost midnight. She had officially wasted 2 hours spent overthinking and being unproductive.

 

"Tzuyu offered to help me study instead," Sana's voice crossed her mind.

 

She sighed and leaned back on her chair. At least Sana seemed to be taking her studies seriously. Meanwhile...

 

"Why don't you ask Mina to go with you?"

 

It was this Friday. Coincidentally it was also Valentine's Day. Nayeon adjusted her glasses and contemplated. Should Nayeon even ask? Does Mina even like parties? Has she ever been to one?

 

Did she even know it was Valentine's Day?

It was, in fact, a day meant for couples, and they were, in fact, a couple.

 

She stared at the tickets for a few more minutes before stuffing them in her bag pocket.

 

Maybe I will.

 

 

-

 

 

The clatter of small objects falling unto the desk woke Sana up. One object hit her on the head and she abruptly got up, wondering who came to bother her. (She suspected it was Nayeon.)

 

"I didn't mean for one to bounce back on your head," a familiar voice came from beside her.

 

Sana looked up to see Tzuyu, looking somewhat surprised that Sana had came to class earlier than she did.

"I ran into Mina in the hallway," Tzuyu explained the mess that was a bunch of wrapped chocolate hearts now scattered on their desk. "She was with her club giving out chocolates in the hallway."

"Oh, what are these for?" Sana chirped, gathering them in a small pile in front of her. She happily unwrapped one and fed it to Tzuyu, who hesitated at first, but opted to take it with .

"I figured we should stock up on snacks," Tzuyu said, settling herself on her stool. "Since you're coming over this friday."

 

Tzuyu had spent the beginning of the week cleaning her room. For who? For herself, of course. (That was a lie.) And for Sana, too. But just a little bit for Sana. (Another lie).

She didn't know why she was worrying so much. Her room wasn't necessarily the cleanest, but it wasn't overwhelmingly dirty either. (She might have spent extra time cleaning up the dog fur Gucci shed all over her room, just in case Sana was allergic to dogs or something, but she wasn't going to tell anyone that. Once again, it was for herself.)

 

"Is there anything I should bring?" Sana asked, already on her third piece of chocolate. 

 

Just you and your cute self, Tzuyu thought without her realizing.

 

"Um," Tzuyu accidentally let out, after realizing what had crossed her mind. "N-no. Just your... just your school stuff."

 

Tzuyu listened to Sana cheerfully hum beside her, and mentally scolded herself.

 

Tzuyu might not have been doing everything only for herself.

 

 

 

(a/n i just want to say,, im SO sorry @ satzu shippers, i highkey mightve b8ed u by accident youll see)

 

 

-

 

 

"Nayeon, just ask her!" Sana exclaimed, typing in the question of their assignment on her phone for answers.

"That... This isn't as simple," Nayeon scoffed, playing around with Sana's pen. She had come over to Sana's table during the lab, since Mina had excused herself to the bathroom.

"I don't know why you're hesitating this much." Sana's eyes expertly scanned her screen for what she was looking for, but kept scrolling when she couldn't find it.

"It's-" It's because I like her too much. "-I'm just scared she would say no, that's all."

"Miss Im Nayeon, scared?" Sana fake gasped as she lifted her face from her phone. "Someone alert Gossip Girl."

Nayeon put her head in her hands and leaned further into Sana's desk. She continued to groan at her predicament.

 

"What is she still doing here?" Tzuyu interrupted from the side. Nayeon looked over to Sana's left, and noticed Tzuyu holding a small scalpel. Suddenly Tzuyu's question sounded like a threat, and Nayeon felt like she was next in line to being dissected.

"I'm just consulting my best friend for my life decisions," Nayeon stated, as if Valentine's Day was equivalent to a midlife crisis.

Tzuyu fixated her. Sana knew that look. It was the look she gave her instead of scolding her. It reminded her of her puppy dog eyes, but its effect was rather... conflicting.

"May I offer a suggestion?" Tzuyu challenged.

Nayeon squinted at her in response. She was willing to hear Tzuyu out, but never knew what to expect from the girl. Until Tzuyu suddenly pointed the knife in her direction, and made her flinch.

Nayeon noticed she wasn't pointing at her, but to the desk in front, where a certain Mina had come back from the bathroom.

Oh, Nayeon thought. She wants me to go back. I think.

Tzuyu's eyes were screaming 'leave', but Nayeon didn't know if it meant 'leave us', or 'don't leave Mina alone'. 

 

"I'm sure you'll find a way," Sana chimed in, bidding her goodbye. She knew Tzuyu had won this round.

 

Sana was enjoying this dynamic between Nayeon and Tzuyu. Nayeon would see Tzuyu as a threat, but not in a serious manner, of course. Just in a way that had them both in attack mode when they were within a few meters from each other.


"Thank God she left, right?" Sana turned to her lab partner, attempting to make a joke out of the situation. However, Tzuyu's reprimanding gaze remained, but was now directed at her. Sana glanced at her phone, and back at Tzuyu. "B-but the... the answers!"

Tzuyu lifted a brow, and that was enough for Sana to give in.

"Fine," Sana pouted, putting down her phone, and opening up her textbook. But her pout turned into a smile when she heard Tzuyu softly chuckling beside her.

 

 

-

 

 

"Have you received anything this week?"

 

Mina paused her chalkbrush cleaning. It was the end of the today's classes and they were alone in the classroom. The sun setting made way to a somewhat romantic atmosphere for Nayeon to take advantage of.

"What do you mean?"

"Like... anything in particular... maybe chocolate..." Nayeon intently stared at Mina, who was still faced back at her. "... maybe a letter."

If she says no, she's lying, Nayeon thought, knowing that she slipped her ticket invitation in Mina's locker. It was her own last-minute way of asking Mina, with the little time she had left to think of another method. Although it was anonymous, if everyone had successfully steered clear of her Mina, she wouldn't have received anything else.

"Yes, actually," Mina turned around and reached for her bag. There were still specks of chalk on her face, but Nayeon decided not to tell her simply because she looked cute with it.

"Have you opened-" Nayeon started, but was interrupted by the unfamiliar envelope that Mina had pulled out. "Wait, that's not-"

 

That's not mine.

 

And to Nayeon's horror, Mina immediately started reading the mysterious 'love letter' out loud.

"My dear Mina," Mina said with a smirk, noticing Nayeon's visible distain at the thought of someone else giving her attention. "Your eyes shine-"

"Give me this," Nayeon grumbled, quickly grabbing the letter from Mina's hands. Mina didn't even hear Nayeon get up. Nayeon let out a big sigh and continued reading. "Your eyes shinebrighternowthaticanblablabla..."

Nayeon mumbled the rest of the letter, scanning for any clues as to who wrote it (and possibly who to add on her hit list).

"No, you don't need this," Nayeon muttered. Her tone was slightly bothered, with a hint of jealousy, as she crumpled the letter and walked to the recycle bin.

Mina wasn't concerned with Nayeon's attitude at all. In fact, she was amused watching her grumpy girlfriend feel threatened by someone unknown. (And it was as if she didn't know that Mina already belonged to her.)

 

"You didn't get anything else?" Nayeon's disappointmed could be heard from across the room. Mina's simple 'no' in response didn't alleviate it either. "Oh."

 

Nayeon thought she may have displaced it, or just imagined that she put it in her locker, or maybe she got the wrong locker, no, she couldn't have-

 

"Unless you were talking about this," Mina teased, holding up a familiar pink ticket. Nayeon blinked in surprise. Her girlfriend had managed to fool her. "I thought you were going to ask me directly, but I should've known you weren't the type for direct romantic gestures."

 

A sudden flashback came into their mind, where Nayeon had shyly written the game-changing question on a wall of snow instead of just verbally asking Mina out. It was endearing really, and somewhat refreshing, for someone as outspoken as Nayeon to be too embarrassed to speak up.

Nayeon became sheepish at the memory, but decided that people would take her more seriously if she had expressed it in words instead. And by 'people' she meant Mina.

 

"Do you want to go?" Nayeon asked. She didn't know how to take in the unchanging expression on Mina's face. Nayeon was still full of self-doubt, but it was now or never as the party was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter