Ga(y)mes

Can't Spell Bogus Without 'Us'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]

hello my beautiful readers,

 

we are gathered here today to

 

hnNGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHDSJKhfjsdfkldshfkjsdahfHJSDJJJJJJ

ok

 

 

 

Anyway im

Not

Gunna lie but i love

Sanayeon

Too

 

now read the first capitalized letter of every one of those lines^

 

 

:o

 

 

 

---

 

 

The sound of snow crunching under the students' boots filled the campus. Only the noise of the strong wind gustling past them and the little protection their scarves offered seemed to be louder. A few brave girls who still wore their skirts had to make the tough decision to either hold them down or keep their hands warm in their jacket pockets. A few brave guys, however, regretted their decision to wear the least possible amount of clothing to look cool with their jackets half zipped up.

It was already the second week since they got back from their Christmas break. The students were seen walking in a line towards the school gates, struggling with their temptation to turn back and return home. (Because most of them didn't have a ride to school from their girlfriends, in the safety of the car's heater.)

 

"Are Mina and Nayeon dating?"

 

Sana looked up from her notebook at the question. She followed Tzuyu's curious gaze to the couple in front. 

 

"I don't think that's part of our group assignment."

 

"But are they? The vibe around them seems... different."

 

Tzuyu watched as Nayeon lifted her stool to be as close to Mina as possible. The sides of their arms were touching, and it looked like they didn't know the definition of space. They could've been sitting on the same stool and no one would've noticed.

 

"I think I found the answer to question 3," Sana said as she ignored Tzuyu's question

 

She didn't know if she was allowed to tell Tzuyu the truth. Sure, Nayeon had to make everyone believe that they were a real couple, but something felt off. There was something Nayeon wasn't telling her.

She looked over to her best friend that had re-dyed her roots to pink again. She didn't want to let go of that colour. (She didn't want to let go of Mina as well.) They haven't been speaking a lot about their 'plan' lately, but from the looks of it, Nayeon was really giving it her all... Sana didn't really feel any more resentment towards her 'ex', and she was starting to feel bad that Nayeon was going through all this trouble just for her.

Nayeon has been spending a lot time with Mina, even off school grounds. Sana has never seen Nayeon so... natural with her actions (that weren't associated with terrorizing the other students, which she somehow did less of lately). Nayeon really did manage to get through Myoui Mina, because she acted the same towards Nayeon as well. And if anyone but Sana were to observe them, they would've assumed they were an actual couple. 

 

She should probably tell Nayeon that the bet didn't matter anymore when she has a chance.

 

"Yeah," Sana sighed. "They're dating."

 

"Really?" Tzuyu let out a small gasp.

 

Sana simply nodded as Tzuyu continued to stare at the now confirmed couple. Nayeon's uniform tie loosened from being caught under her textbook. She reached to fix it, but Mina was faster. Her hands slowly lifted towards the knot that was lower than usual and Nayeon had to hold her breath. Mina's hands were lightly touching the top of her torso and the base of her neck, and Nayeon was sure the other girl felt her tense up. 

Tzuyu and Sana watched as Nayeon, visibly flustered, immediately pulled back when Mina was done. 

 

"I'm jealous," Tzuyu admitted, in awe. "They look so cute together."

"Not. As. Cute. As. You." Sana cutely scrunched up her face, lightly tapping Tzuyu's forearm with her pen at each word.

"So question 3?" Tzuyu brushed off Sana's compliment. But she failed to keep her composure as she playfully began to laugh over Sana's pout. 

 

They both continued their assignment, not realizing that a few curious ears had been listening the whole time.

 

 

-

 

 

"Poor Mina..."

"I don't know what's worse, Nayeon using Mina or Mina using Nayeon."

"Hopefully it's that nerd using Im Nayeon." A scoff. "That girl deserves to get hurt."

 

Sana opened her bathroom stall at the sound of their mocking laughter.

The female students who were doing their makeup stared in shock as they realized that Minatozaki Sana had overheard them.

They quickly exited the bathroom before Sana could say anything, or even comprehend what kind of ridiculous rumours the students were spreading.

 

 

-

 

 

The next school morning was blessed with great weather. Nayeon didn't have to drive to school, and she didn't even need to wear a scarf.

 

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Sana said, walking beside her. She figured it was a good time to ask her now since Mina wasn't with them.

"Hm?" Nayeon replied, smile plastered on her face. Sana knew exactly who she was thinking about.

"We can call off the bet if you want. I don't really care for Kai anymore, and..." Sana started. She hesitated on continuing her sentence, because she wasn't sure if Nayeon wanted to stick to her plan as always or... "If you go on any longer, you might break her more than we initially planned to."

 

Sana wasn't blind. She saw how Mina acted around Nayeon. She saw how her face lit up every time she saw Nayeon (but she also saw the same expression on her best friend's face).

 

"I'm sticking to the plan," Nayeon said with no hesitation. She saw Mina at the gate waiting for her and excitedly waved to get her attention.

"Oh... okay," Sana replied, confused. "But don't be too mean when-"

 

"Because I actually like her."

 

Oh... So that's what my gut was trying to tell me, Sana realized, stopping in place.

 

"Oh my god," Sana gasped, started to love how their plan took a sharp turn. "When did you realize this?!"

"I don't know exactly when, but-"

"Oh my god, AAAAAAH!" Sana squealed, repeatedly hitting Nayeon on the arm out of excitement. "You actually like the girl! I didn't know you had it in you!"

"Excuse me-"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" Sana giggled, wrapping her arm around Nayeon's neck and forcing her to bend down. "No wonder you were acting all lovey-dovey. So that's how widdul Nayeon-ie acts when she wikes someone." (a/n i had to hold myself back to write this as normally as possible)

"S-shut up," Nayeon shyly mumbled in Sana's grasp, who was rubbing her cheek on the top of Nayeon's head out of affection.

 

But as soon as they crossed the street, Sana remembered what she had heard in the bathroom the other day.

"Hey wait, did you hear what other people are saying about you?" Sana said in a low voice, so Mina wouldn't hear from a few meters away.

"N-no, why?" Nayeon said as she removed herself from Sana's arms. "Sana, you know I stopped paying attention to those, they're all the same anyway."

"But I-"

 

But Sana was too late as Nayeon basically jogged to where Mina was standing. 

 

 

-

 

 

Today was a special day for Nayeon.

It was the day she was going to try and hold Mina's hand. In public. 

 

They've done it before, but it was strictly limited to indoors (aka Mina's basement). It started off as Nayeon simply playing with Mina's hands during a movie, and ended up with Nayeon never letting go. 

Nayeon was walking Mina to her first class when she decided she was going to ask her. To ask her if it was okay... If she could hold her hand even if everyone was watching.

 

She hesitated for a bit at first. But as soon as opened to speak up, that was when she heard it. 

 

Nayeon heard them clearly. It wasn't new to her. She was used to everyone being so scared of her that they opted to whisper about her instead. She felt the stares, and the dirty looks. She almost forgot what it felt like since she had been so preoccupied with Mina lately.

Mina heard them clearly as well. It wasn't new to her. She was used to everyone not being scared to mock her, bully her directly in her face. She heard the targeted whispers, and the laughs. She started to remember how she used to feel like before she had met Nayeon.

 

Nayeon looked back at Mina and asked if she was alright. 

Mina lifted her head to look at Nayeon in the eye. She wanted to believe in her. Wanted to believe that everything they were hearing wasn't true. But she felt it. She felt like she was slowly reverting back to her old self, her shy self, the one who thought that all the laughs, no matter how far they were heard from, were directed at her.

Nayeon began to worry at the look on Mina's face and didn't need to hesitate any longer. She grabbed Mina's hand and started to (gently) drag her through the crowded hallways. She didn't want to make a scene by calling people out as she would usually do, for the sake of Mina. 

Nayeon didn't know what was going through Mina's head, but she knew that when her girlfriend was starting to hide behind her hair again, they had to get out of there as soon as possible.

 

 

-

 

 

Mina made her way home with Nayeon by her side, holding her hand, and also carrying both of their school bags. She had refused to let Mina feel any more pain for today and offered to carry them. Mina cheered up a little bit at the sight of Nayeon already breaking a sweat after a few blocks, even if she would never admit it.

 

Mina opened the door to a dog rushing towards her. She was almost tackled to the ground as the dog, that she now recognized as Ray, was excited to see her. She happily hugged and petted the dog, replacing the frown on her face by a wide, gummy smile. This was a nice surprise to come home to after her somewhat horrible day at school. And if Ray was here, then... 

 

"Mina!" Kai exclaimed appearing from the kitchen door.

 

Kai had gone away for a bit after summer for his studies, and their parents let him take care of Ray so he wouldn't feel lonely. (a/n how to half-assedly fill a plot hole)

Mina gave her brother a big hug as soon as she was done petting Ray. He did leave for almost half a year and she had missed him. And she felt grateful that she now had someone to talk to at home about everything.

 

"Didn't you say you got a girlfriend over the summer?" Mina asked while they were catching up.

"Oh yeah, I... I wasn't feeling it. And I might have dumped her by text?" He winced, scared of what his sister would think of him.

"Oh my god, Kai! Isn't she going to be mad though?" Mina replied, ashamed of her brother, and feeling pitiful for the poor girl he hurt. "Did she do anything back?"

"Ah, it doesn't matter," Kai brushed off. "She wasn't really the type of person for revenge... but I'm scared of her friend, though. From what my ex told me, her friend might actually want to kill me."

 

They both laughed at Kai's predicament as Mina continued to pet Ray. His head was resting on one of Mina's leg as she sat on the floor.

 

"But what about you?" Kai asked. "And why do you have that sad look on your face?"

"I... have a girlfriend," Mina said shyly. Her brother suddenly lifted his hand, and they both high-fived at her accomplishment. "Her name is Nayeon."

 

Kai thought for a moment. That name seemed familiar, but he couldn't remember why. He figured that if this 'Im Nayeon' made his sister happy, then it wouldn't matter anyway.

Mina began to describe her girlfriend, choosing to leave out the parts where she was the school bully and intimidated all the students for years. She only talked about how she loved when they spent time with each other. How Nayeon makes the lamest jokes, but Mina couldn't help but laugh. How Nayeon seemed to be terrible at every video game that Mina owned. How Nayeon made her happy to go to school everyday. How even Mama Myoui likes her. How-

 

"Wow, are you trying to rub your perfect relationship in my face, huh?" Kai teased as he playfully ruffled Mina's hair. "You grew so much when I was go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter