Red (Final)

Red String

 

 

 

Living in Japan for almost the half of his life, Baekhyun learned many things about the culture and beliefs. And one of this is the red string.

Natives in Japan believed that a red string was tied in the pinky finger of two persons who were match made in heaven.

He keeps on looking for the one who has the other end of the string tied on his finger.

Until he met Chanyeol having a vacation in Japan. He saw the end of his string on Chanyeol's right pinky finger.

 

----

 

Baekhyun hoped that he would meet Chanyeol again. He went back to South Korea because he finally made up his mind to come back to his parents.

 

He unexpectedly met Chanyeol again. But now they knew each others name. Became friends. And hearts starts to beat as one.

 

----

 


They made it together. Marry each other and be happy together. But as the time goes by, feelings were changed. Struggles came into their lives and one day Chanyeol asked to live their lives on their own.

 

 

--

 

Chanyeol left their house again because they had another fight.

He is tired of it.

 

They are tired of it.

 

Baekhyun went to their bathroom. He faced the mirror and started to cry. He covered his face with his hands while crying.

 

He tried to look the red string on his pinky finger.

 

It was gone.

 

He looked at his wrist and found it there. Too tied up to remove. It was the first time he saw and knew about red string tied up on wrist.

 

He needs to remove it. For Chanyeol.


He needs to untie this. For Chanyeol.


He needs to let Chanyeol go.

 

Because Chanyeol is not happy with him anymore.

 

Because Chanyeol would be happy again if there would be no string.

 

So that his Chanyeol would be happy again.

 

---

 

 

Slice.

 

Slice.

 

Slice.

 

"Why don't you cut off!?" Baekhyun shouted desperately why slicing off the red string on his wrist.

 

"You need to be removed" slice. "Chanyeol wants" slice. "To be free" slice.

He placed his palms on his face and cried.

 

"Chanyeol I can't. The red string... Too hard to cut it off..." 

 

No... I'll do this for Chanyeol...

 

Starting to feel light headed, he leaned on the wall while continuing to slice the red string.

 

"I need... to.. cut you... off..." when his vision starts to blurry, he dropped the blade. 

 

 

"C-chanye-ol.. I... l-love..." you...

 

 


Baekhyun last saw his wrist. Painted with blood. And laughed a bit when he remembered...

 

 

 

 

 

The red string was only imaginary.