goodbye.

hello and goodbye

No one expect Woojin and Jihoon would be a thing even though it’s obvious enough that they like each other. Wanna One members were relaxing together at their living room and it was a very pleasant view,

Daniel and Seungwoo were playing The Musician together,

Jaehwan, and Minhyun were bickering as always,

Sungwoon and Jisung were gossiping about the aunt next door,

Daehwi and Jinyoung were reading comics as they chewing their gummies,

Guanlin was busy texting Seonho,

And there they are, Woojin and Jihoon, holding hands, Jihoon’s head on Woojin’s shoulder. Everyone was happy that time. Keyword: was. Soon, their manager came in to their dorm.

“So, there’s 3 rooms, which 2 of it consists of 3 people and another one consists of 5 people. You guys can choose who do you want with.” Their manager said, it was all went smoothly until Minhyun said something.

“I don’t want to be in the same room as Jaehwan! He’s dirty!” And that’s how a calm room became a chaos because of Minhyun’s words.

“Hey! I’m NOT dirty, okay?” Jaehwan defended.

“’Hey’? I’m not your friend okay? Use formal words to me, Jaehwan!” Minhyun and Jaehwan get up from their seats.

“Like I ing care.” Jaehwan rolled his eyes.

“’ing’? You dare to curse in this dorm, Kim Jaehwan?” Jisung stood up now.

“Oh my god! For sake! Stop targeting me!”

“’’??? I said, stop cursing in this DORM, JAEHWAN!” By now, the bickering turned into a fight, as Daniel tried to stop Jisung, Ong tried to stop Minhyun, and Sungwoon tried to stop Jaehwan.

“STOP FIGHTING!” Their manager screamed and it finally made the boys stop fighting.

Soon, after all the fights, their manager finally announced the names.

“Daniel, Jisung, Seungwoo. Room number 1.” The three boys didn’t say anything, even goodbye, and just took their bags and went to their room.

“Jihoon, Woojin, Guanlin, Jaehwan, Minhyun. Room number 2.” There were ‘yes!’ and ‘oh no!’ when it was announced.

“Which means another 3 members in room number 3.”

“I’m stuck with a couple????” Sungwoon whined before Guanlin patted his shoulder.

“Chill, bro. I’m stuck between 2 couples.” And it’s Sungwoon turned to pat Guanlin’s shoulder.

A week after they had settled in their own rooms, and there’s no misunderstand between the members until the production crew mentioned about Wanna One Go! Jihoon was very sure he will be paired with Woojin, same goes to Woojin too even though he didn’t show the excitement. But no, things didn’t go like how they want.

“Guanlin and Jihoon, please go to your car.” Mr. Park announced and everyone were shocked but both of them still went to their car.

“I’m sorry.” Guanlin said to Jihoon when they finally went into the car and despite of being sad, Jihoon still flashed a smile and mouthed, “it’s okay”.

Jihoon and Woojin didn’t know a day could be so long, they didn’t know it’s a very long day until they can meet each other again. But then, it’s not a day, but it’s almost 2 days until they could hug each other again and they hate it. The fact that, they see each other, not besides them, but with other people, they hate it.

“Woojin-ah! I miss your hug!” Jihoon released his red rope from Guanlin and ran to Woojin as soon when the production crew turned off their cameras.

“I miss you too, Jihoon.” Woojin hugged the boy back and when he thought Jihoon was done, he heard a soft sobbing. Of course, it was Jihoon.

“Hey, why are you crying??” Woojin asked but Jihoon didn’t say anything when he pulled away from the hug, and he just looked straight into Woojin’s eyes.

“I, just miss you so much.”

“It’s okay. I’m here, Jihoon.” Woojin patted the boy’s back.

“Don’t go anywhere, stay with me” Jihoon said and the members at the back were squealing like girls as Woojin nodded.

“Even when Wanna One disband, stay with me, Woojin.”

The member’s smile from earlier turned upside down. They didn’t want Wanna One to disband too, but there’s people who have their own group like Minhyun and Sungwoon, and there’s people who will debut in other group after Wanna One disband, like Woojin.

“I will stay forever with you, Jihoon. So, stop crying okay.” Woojin quietly wiped away a single tear that fell down his cheek. He’s not going to show his weak side at Jihoon, and he can’t.

“You know you can’t stay forever with Jihoon right?” Daniel plopped down beside Woojin when Jihoon helped Jisung with dinner.

“I know, but I can’t make that kid feel sadder.” Woojin sighed.

Days turned to weeks as weeks turned to month, more memories were made between Woojin and Jihoon. Secretly, Woojin wrote a poem for Jihoon everyday from the day Wanna One became a group until the day they will never meet each other again.

“Today came eventually.” Jihoon sighed as he leaned on Woojin’s chest and the boy was surprised that Jihoon didn’t cry like always.

“Don’t worry, you are stronger now. You can survive without me.” Woojin let out bitter laugh.

‘without me’

But Jihoon prove him wrong, he suddenly cried. He was sobbing so hard that he could hardly breathe properly. Even when on their way to their final concert together, Jihoon still cried on Woojin chest. Not to mention other members that also feeling sad as they all looked outside the window. The usually car ride that full of members bickering, fell silent today, except with Jihoon sobbed non-stop as Woojin patted the boy’s back.

“Since it’s the last day, don’t you guys have anything to give to any members?” the Mc announced on the last segment before they sang ‘Always’ one last time, together.

One by one gets up and give their present to certain people, when it’s time for Woojin’s turn, everyone were expecting for him to kiss Jihoon or something but instead he took out a book.

“I don’t know when will I meet Jihoon again, so, I secretly wrote this poem for you. When you miss me, read this book, okay?” Woojin said and Jihoon tried to not cry as he opened the book.

‘the little moments I spend with you,
make my life beautiful,
day by day,
silently,
in my heart,
I want to thank god,
for bringing such wonderful person in my life.’

Jihoon read and let out a small smile before continuing to turn the page.

‘I didn’t fall in love with you,
I walked into love with you,
with my eyes wide open,
choosing to take
every step along the way,
I do believe in fate and destiny,
but I also believe
that we are fated to do the things
that we’d choose anyway.
And I’d choose you;
in a hundreds lifetime,
in a hundred worlds,
in any version of reality,
I’d find you,

and I’d choose you.’

Pages by pages were turned until Jihoon reached the last page of the book which were written;

‘park jihoon, sorry this is the last day we will be together;
give me ten of your seconds,
two of your hands,
and all of your love,
and maybe I can survive
the lonely coming hours without you’

Not only Jihoon were crying, the members and the fans too. Jihoon walked to Woojin with the book in his hands and kissed Woojin.

The first and last kiss between Jihoon and Woojin at Wanna One last concert.

you are near,
even if I don’t see you.
you are with me,
even though you are far away.
you are in my heart,
in my thoughts,
in my life,
always,

 

Wanna One