Final.

Like A Fate

It was a bit crowded when she walked in. But she was glad that the seat near the corner was vacant, like always. She held on to her red sling bag, and walked towards the chair.

Some waiters and waitresses greeted her when she walked pass them. She smiled in return. It was no wonder that the staffs in the cafe recognized her since she has been a regular customer. Well, someone who had been hanging out there every day since last week should be considered as regular right?

A cup of hot cappuccino and a croissant was serve right away after she sat down. It was her regular starters. After this portion of meal, she would order an iced frapuccino or just some iced tea when she felt too energized. 

She took out her laptop and started typing.

This cafe has the perfect ambiance and environment to squeeze out her creativity. Her job as web designer requires a lot of creativity and she found this cafe as the perfect place for her to work. Luckily, her company doesn't have a strict rules about where and when she should work in. As long as she could make the clients happy, then she's completely fine.

There's another reason why she loves this place. That reason was sitting a few tables away from her, typing onto his own laptop. She stared at him for a while, glad that he was there, sipping on his drink.

The way he ily gulped his drink made dried up. She drank her own coffee and started typing some things into her laptop, trying to hide her blushing cheeks. 

He was the reason why she suddenly loves to spend her time at this cafe. She usually prefers to work at home. But last week, after being left alone by my friends, she decided to enter this cafe. That decision brought her to kind of meet him. 

When she said kind of, it was because she never really talk to him. She's not an introvert person, but talking to a guy, let alone flirt with him, is not something she can easily do. So she chose to just come here every day for the last week. Hoping that one day he would notice her  eventhough the chance would be beyond slim.

Here she was now. Sitting in the seat near the corner, staring at him, who was sitting three tables from her, sipping on his cup of coffee. It was always like that. With a laptop in front of the both of them. She, at least, was working on her clients' websites, while (very) often stealong glances at him.

The sky turned darker, it was already 6 PM. She glanced at him, watching him asking for bill from one of the remaining waitress, writing something on it, probably his signature, and giving it to the waitress. She sighed, It's time.

This will probably the last time she could come here. She had to fly early in the morning tomorrow to go to London, where she was going to continue her studies in History of Arts. She got a scholarship offer for her master degree at one of the most prestigious university there from her office, and she definitely wasn't going to waste it on a guy she hasn't even talk to.

She tidied up her stuffs, and when she was ready to call for her bill, she saw that he wasn't there. It wasn't fate, she thought. When a waitress came to deliver her bill, she recognized the girl as the one who delivered his bill. She smiled and paid for her meals. Right before she went hime, the waitress gave her a note. "This is for you, from the guy sitting over there every day," she said, pointing to his seat.

Her heart jumped a little, feeling surprised. After saying thank you, she opened the note with pounding heart. She red, "Hey, I've been seeing you at the cafe, and I thought you look stunning. I really want to ask you out on a date or at least ask you for your name but I was too much of a coward. And tomorrow I'll be going out of town, so I guess if we ever meet again, it will be like a fate. Sorry."

Her heart fell when she red that. She immediately stood up and ran towards the door. She ran her eyes through each person who was walking outside of the cafe.

But nothing. He wasn't there anymore. She sighed in disappointment and went back inside the cafe to take her stuffs.

If we meet again, she said, I will believe in fate.

-

She was late that morning. As she ran through the airport, she regretted not having enough sleep last night, thinking about him. That was why she woke up late this morning at 6 in the morning when her flight was at 8.

When she finally had arrived at her gate, she showed her passport and ticket to the officer there. They showed her her seat, saying that she almost missed her flight. She thanked them and settled in her seat.

She rested her head om the headrest, feeling a headache coming. Oh , she cursed silently ad the plane got ready to take off. She was terrified of flying and height. She released a strain of curses under her breath and squeezed her eyes shut. 

"Are you okay?" a voice asked. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the sharp feature she recognized. It was him. "Are you okay, Miss?"

Realizing that she was making a fool out of herself, she nodded. "Yes, I'm fine," she said, even though her shaking body was betraying her.

Suddenly, she felt warmth wrapping her cold hands. She turned to face him again. "You don't look fine," he said with a smile and she could feel the very familiar butterflies flying inside her stomach. "My name is Kim Jongin. I'm the one who gave you the note yesterday," he said.

She smiled at that. "I know. I'm Aeris."

I guess, it really was like a fate.

 

 

fin.

 

 

Hey, thank you for reading! Hope you like this ^^

With love,

Ame.