fin.

of fresh air at 1 in the morning

It was one of the rare nights he got to spend without thinking he would wake up late if he didn’t go to bed early. Finally. He would usually say. It was 1.30 A.M. in the morning and he just needed some fresh air right now. All the hectic schedules and everything going on just put him to stress and he also needed sometime alone. Or so he thought.

 

Her plane had just arrived at Seoul. Finally. She thought. Even though this is not something unusual for her, being in a plane for hours still bore her to death. Having a solo schedule tomorrow didn’t help either. At least usually she would get to talk or joke around with her other members and now that she was alone, she could do nothing. All the songs on her phone suddenly seemed not so interesting, and she didn’t have the mood to watch anything either, and, damn it, she couldn’t sleep a wink because only God knows why. Now that she was finally at their dorm, she just threw herself onto her bed, trying not to make so much noise so she wouldn’t wake the others up in their rooms. Her thoughts went to her other friends and some of her cousins; maybe she should call them after she washed up, and then she could finally go to bed. Or so she thought.

 

The intro of his favorite song suddenly come out of his phone, and at the song, he smiled a little, is it even okay to put this as his ringtone? He’s finally back to reality when he heard the singer’s voice singing, signaling him that he’s been neglecting the caller for quite long now.

 

Yugyeom

 

Why would this kid call me now?

 

“Hello?”

 

Yugyeom coughed a few times before answering him, screaming at his hyung for cooking something with such a spicy aroma at this hour, “Hello, hyung? Where are you? Jaebum hyung is finally cooking for us and he asked if he should cook for you, too, or not.”

 

Jinyoung chuckled at this, “Tell him to just cook for you guys. I’m just out looking for fresh air. Maybe I will just stop by 7/11 or something later, I’m not really hungry.”

 

“Oh. Okay. When will you be back?” his yawn could be heard, bringing smile to Jinyoung’s face, Yugyeom had been working too hard lately for his collaboration stage.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe at 2, or earlier.”

 

“Okay, hyung,” Yugyeom was silent for a second, but Jinyoung knew better than to say anything because he could sense that the younger one had something to say but hesitated to. “Umm… hyung? Can we brought out the PS4 manager hyung hid in your room? Just for a few hours? Please? Manager hyung left us at the dorm and he said he won’t be back til tomorrow. I know we should be asking to Jaebum hyung but he said it’s your room so we should you, not him. But I know you don’t like it if we barge into your room so—”

 

“Sure, I didn’t lock my room, anyway,” he said. Making Yugyeom stop at his rant, not believing his ears that Jinyoung actually agreed without making him fight for it.

 

The maknae was silent for a few seconds and Jinyoung didn’t say anything, either, waiting for Yugyeom to say something.

 

“Hyung?” Yugyeom said one more time and Jinyoung only hummed to the phone. “Are you… okay?” he asked, still not convinced that Jinyoung didn’t try to make it hard for him.

 

He laughed, he would tell him no and listen to him whine if he wasn’t so tired, but he was not really in the mood for joking so he just agreed to it. “Just don’t bring me into the mess if manager hyung somehow found out,” Jinyoung could hear a bunch of “thank you!” and “yes!” before the line went dead after Yugyeom said his goodbye without even waiting for him to answer. Rascal.

 

Jinyoung took a deep breath and leaned on the bench, feeling the breeze of 1 in the morning and all the calmness around him. I could get used to this. As much as he loved his hyungs and dongsaengs, sometimes they are too loud for their own good and Jinyoung needed his peace.

 

It’s been a long time since the last time I come here. She thought as she breathed in the air around her. There were barely people, probably only 6 or 7 heads she could see. It was 1 in the morning, anyway. She was just out to a little convenient store near her dorm to buy some breads and beverages, she was just about to go to bed after she washed up, but then she went to the kitchen for waters only to find the fridge in their dorm almost empty. These kids didn’t even fill the fridge. Maybe I should just go buy some snacks and do groceries tomorrow. And that’s how she ended up there.

 

She walked down the street with a plastic bag on her right hand, containing some breads, 2 cans of coffee, 2 cans of cocoa, potato chips, and 1 cart of orange juice. Her schedule tomorrow will start at 11 in the morning and here she was at 1 in the morning, still walking around. She would get scolded for this if her manager found out.

 

Walking around for 15 minutes was enough for her to clear her mind and she was ready to go back to her dorm. She just turned around to go when she heard a song that’s very dear to her ears. How could it not be. She listened to that song almost every day for the past few months. And truth be told, she still hadn’t got sick with the song. It’s her song, anyway.

 

“Hello?” she heard the guy say. She was standing a few steps behind the bench he was sitting on and she studied the guy, his voice is so… calming. Where have I heard his voice before, though?

 

She could hear the guy chuckle after he put down his phone, putting it inside his pocket, showing his side profile in the progress. formed a silent ‘O’ after, realizing who he was. So that’s why he seemed and sounded so familiar. She chuckled lightly, making Jinyoung turn around.

 

“Hello, Jinyoung-sunbae,” she greeted with a smile, having Jinyoung flabbergasted for a second. Why is he like that? Am I wrong? He wasn’t Jinyoung, was he? But I thought the other one is Jaebum, not him? She tried to recall the times she had watched Inkigayo, but I don’t think I’m wrong? And after that she realized what she was wearing. Maybe this is the reason why he wasn’t answering me… Wearing a red training pants, a black tank top with a jacket on top of it. On top of that, she wasn’t wearing any make up, remembering she was supposed to go to bed. He probably thought I was some kind of sasaeng. Way to go, Kim Jisoo!

 

She was about to tell him her name when he suddenly stood up and bowed at her slightly, “Jisoo-ssi, right?” and she could only sigh in relief when he recognized her.

 

“Are you alone? Why are you out at this hour, sunbaenim? Are you also looking for fresh air?” She launched her questions as if they have been friends for years and Jinyoung smiled softly, such an outgoing person. Before he knew it, she had stood beside him and started talking to him, “It’s been hectic these days, hasn’t it? I saw your stages on Inkigayo and I must say this comeback seemed much tougher than the ones before,” she said and Jinyoung agreed. The routine for this one was much tighter and much harder than before but he was not complaining.

 

“It’s nice at times like this that we get to stop for a while from the hectic day,” she said as she stretched her arms up in the air, forgetting the plastic bag in her hand and bumping her head with it in the process. Jinyoung laughed a little, for such a composed girl she could be so clumsy.

 

As if reading her mind, Jisoo turned to him with a pout as she rubbed her head, “I swear I’m not usually this clumsy, I must’ve been so sleepy to hit my head with my own hand,” she frowned. Jinyoung just chuckled again before shaking his head at her cuteness.

 

Jinyoung hesitated for a while, not sure whether to ask or not. This was the first time he ever saw her up close and she was just so pretty. No. Pretty was an understatement. She was beautiful. And she had no make-up on, too. He knew people often said she’s just your usual beauty, and some even said she had her face done. But for him, there was just something so beautiful about her. “Doesn’t mean to be rude, but what is a girl doing out at this hour anyway?”

 

“Excuse you? So because I’m a girl I’m not allowed to go out at this hour but you can because you’re a guy? What kind of unfairness!” she said to him with such fire that he almost apologized for somehow offending her. When Jisoo saw his dumbfounded expression, she suddenly laughed and Jinyoung became even more confused.

 

“I’m sorry, I was just kidding!” she said after she was done laughing. “I know you don’t mean anything offending but sometimes people just assume things about girls just because we are, well… girls,” she stopped for a while.

 

“Sadly, it’s true. But I really just didn’t expect you to be here at this time of the hour.”

 

“Yeah, I didn’t expect me to be here at this time of the hour, too,” she chuckled a little, “I was just out to buy this,” she lift up her plastic bag before settling it down between them, rummaging it before asking Jinyoung whether he wanted cocoa or coffee for him, in which he politely declined in return, but she was just too stubborn that she gave him the cocoa, anyway.

 

“Sun—”

 

“Stop calling me sunbaenim,” Jinyoung suddenly said and Jisoo froze. “Just think of this as our normal time, okay? Not a celebrity, or idol, or whatever. Just 2 people who suddenly met each other because they wanted to look for fresh air at freaking 1 in the morning.”

 

And finally Jisoo smiled at him; a smile so big he swore he could see the stars tinkling in her eyes and he finally understood bit by bit why she’s so beautiful in his eyes, “Call me Jinyoung, then.”

 

And he smiled too, putting his hand in hers, in which she had extended for a shake hand, understanding bit by bit why some people said he looked like their first love, “Call me Jisoo, then.”

 

And they were silent for a while before Jisoo remembered his ringtone before, “So, Jinyoung-ah, I see you like Stay so much you put it as your ringtone?”

 

Jinyoung could only laugh, not even embarrassed a bit.

 

*

 

A/N: thoughts? hehe^^