Chapter 2

Careful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo quietly follows the tall soldier to a small building that seemed to be an old abandoned school which they have repurposed to be a sort of group of office spaces for the higher ranking soldiers. Tables were spread across the entire hall with boxes deciding the borders between the spaces of tables, making it look like a whole office vacated theirs and moved themselves into an old abandoned building.

“Is Captain Choi here?” he asks Mingyu timidly, conscious of the eyes that follow them as they walk across the pile of boxes.

“Nah. We’re just seeing First Lieutenant Yoon Jeonghan—we need to sort of “make an appointment” with the Captain, we can’t just march into his encampment unannounced.” He smiles, showing his cheeky, pointed teeth that goes weirdly well with his entire face.

Mingyu stops on a certain table, tapping his finger on the table quietly as not to surprise the officer sleeping on it. The disoriented officer jumped awake, looking quite panicked and instantly alert. He looks up and relaxes as soon as he recognizes Mingyu. “Hey,” Mingyu smiles as the officer recovers. “Sorry to disturb you.”

“No it’s fine.” The officer chuckles awkwardly. “I wasn’t supposed to be sleeping anyway.”

“Jeonghan hyung…” he sits on the table patting his head affectionately. “You had the watch shift at dawn no one blames you.”

The Lieutenant smiles, yawning right after. “Anyway, what are you up to, why are you here?” the other Lieutenant side-eyes Wonwoo, wondering about his presence.

“Oh! , right.” He steps away to open the space between the two men. “Jeonghan, this is Jeon Wonwoo, a reporter from SBC Prime, Wonwoo, this is 1st Lieutenant Yoon Jeonghan, he’s second-in-command here if the Major isn’t around and the Captain is in charge.”

“Which means I’m technically third-in-command, generally, explain clearly, Mingyu.” He chastises as he extends his seemingly slim, but obviously buff and toned arms to shake Wonwoo’s hand.

“We need to see the Captain… can we?”

“What is it for?”

Mingyu gestures over to him, allowing him to explain their goal.

“The higher ups from SBC Prime would like to make a documentary about the soldiers here, and would like to highlight a few of the stories, not only for the station and for the viewers but also as propaganda.” He explains. Jeonghan nods, before fumbling for his radio. “Let me ask, okay? He may be busy.”

“Sure.”

He turns to Mingyu as soon as the Lieutenant starts to mumble onto his phone with military lingo he could not understand. “Thank you.” He mumbles quietly as Mingyu bends down to look at him in the eye.

“I never say no to gorgeous people.”

Wonwoo’s lips suddently turned into a scowl—stopping the other man from flirting, without Wonwoo explaining that fact that that’s just his face when he’s flattered. Plus, he does not exactly want to explain that to him and burst his ego. “Sorry.” He giggles playfully, but then suddenly turning serious as Jeonghan straightens up to talk to them.

“I’ll take you to the Captain.” He says straightaway, motioning for them to follow him. They use the sall backdoor of the building which revealed a small tent-ish room with two possibly lower ranked soldiers guarding, who immediately saluted at the sight of the two higher-ranked ones. Jeonghan and Mingyu did their own salutes before requesting for an audience with the Captain. As soon as they were allowed in, the Captain immediately stood to greet them.

He was… do does he say this… he’s… fair looking. Well, fair-looking was an understatement. Most of the good-looking soldiers here didn’t actually look like they were. For example, Lieutenants Yoon, Hong, and Kwon looked soft, while Mingyu and Lieutenant Wen looked like one of those inflatable balloons outside malls and amusement parks. Well, while clothed anyway. He’s seen many of them take off their shirts and the inflatable balloon gets replaced by a muscly Patrick Star—but this one is different. He actually looked like he could shoot me from far away, and looked like he could actually strangle me to death. Kind of scary, but also kind of hot.

Mingyu turns to him and narrows his eyes. , does he know what I’m thinking about right now?

Both Mingyu and Lieutenant Yoon and Mingyu stands straight at salutes at the Captain, before falling into more comfortable stances. The Captain smiles, quite goofily, like he was relieved, and opened his arms. Wonwoo stood there, confused, until Jeonghan strides over and goes into the hug, hugging the Captain back. “Were you tired?” the seemingly intimidating Captain asked softly, looking at the Lieutenant’s face but without letting go of the hug.

“Super.” The cold-looking soldier pouted, making Wonwoo as confused as ever. “Can I sleep here?”

“Of course, you can.” The Captain smiles and kisses the other on the forehead. He was obviously about to go for the lips before Mingyu cleared his throat and motions to Wonwoo’s presence. The two jump apart, forgetting that he was there at all. “Right, we have a guest.”

“Not just because of the guest, stop doing that in front of me.” Mingyu chastises good-naturedly. “It’s gross.”

“Awwwe, don’t worry Mingyu, you’ll find someone to be gross with someday.” Jeonghan teases, nudging Wonwoo slightly. “Right?”

“Uhhh…” Wonwoo gulps. “Yeah, sure.”

“ANYWAY,” the three of them jumps as the Captain booms. “What are we all here for?”

“Oh, right.” This time, Wonwoo introduces himself, and explains the plans of the network to the Captain. “As soon as you approve of this plan, I will report this to the headquarters to they can start sending waivers and non-disclosure agreements, and other documents. They’re also planning to send in a researcher and another cameraman for us to work with as well as drivers. But other than that, there will be no other staff.”

“I obviously would need to talk to my superiors about this first.” He explains calmly. “I would give them a call, and they would probably contact the station themselves so as soon as they approve, I’ll relay the news.” He giggled, looking proud of himself. “Get it? I’m relaying the news to you. So it’s kind of iro—”

“He got it, babe.” Jeonghan cut him off. “He got it.”

Wonwoo can’t help but smile, not from the joke, it , but at the interaction itself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter