Prologue

Creator
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Appa! Appa! Look what I drew!” a little girl with long black hair and two mini pigtails ran up to a dark haired man who was sitting hunched over a desk, seeming to be drawing something into a translucent board.

Reaching his side, she looked down to see him drawing what looked to be a female character, and writing notes on her features. “You’re drawing a character? Wow, she’s pretty!” she commented with a wide smile, ing her drawing in front of his face and waving it around.

The man, her father instead looked upon it with a frown, eyes flashing as he took it sluggishly in hand and crumpled it. As he threw it to the ground, he shooed her away with a glare. “Go and do something useful, you have no talent for this either way you try, Daeun. There’s no life here.”

Her excited glance melted away into a frown, her lip beginning to tremble, but she bit on it in attempt to look strong. “A-appa…”

“I said leave Daeun. And close the door behind you,” he stated with finality as he took a swing of his flask and went back to sketching the photo of the woman.

The little girl took one more look at her father before turning away and running out the door, slamming it behind her. As soon as she exited, she burst into bitter tears. “Never again…” she murmured to herself as she slid down the door, hugging her knees tightly.

After a few moments, she slowly stood up, brushing her knees as started off towards her room, but not before tossing her ne

Please log in to read the full chapter