First Day of Class

First Day of Class

She rushed into class thinking she was late and quickly found a seat near the front. She panted and checked her phone, "Oh, I still have time. I'm good."

 

She settled in her seat and took out her water bottle and a notebook. As she drank from her water bottle, she looked around the lecture hall. It was full of students taking out notebooks or laptops to get ready for the start of class. Then the door opened and a tall, broad shouldered, young man wearing a navy blue suit walked in. 

 

She turned towards the door and as soon as she saw him, she choked on her water. When she tried to quiet her coughing, she accidentally knocked her water bottle over. 

 

"Oh no!" The water bottle rolled away from her when she tried to reach for it without getting up. 

 

It rolled to a stop at his feet. He picked it up as she rushed over. He smiled and handed it over to her, "Here you go."

 

Their fingers brushed as she reached for the water bottle and she squeaked out, "Thank you!"

 

She hurriedly shuffled back to her seat and sank down. She fanned herself with her notebook to try to calm her blush, "I'm screwed. I'm going to fail this class. I don't even know what this class is anymore."

 

She looked up to see his shoulders and upper back move as he wrote his name on the chalkboard. 

 

"Professor Oh."