The Audition

Like No Other

Eli waited in line. She'd been here for the past hour and a half. A lot of guys were in the waiting room with her, anxiously looking around and biting their nails. As far as she could tell, she was the only American. Well, more importantly whe was the only girl. Her disguise was actually very believable for the most part. She gave herself a more boyish haircut but she could still style it to look like a girl's. She covered her front with a chest binding cloth and her clothes were boyish. The only problem was her face. If she wasn't careful her face would look more feminine than it already did. Her voice wasn't much of an issue because a lot of asian guys had high voices.

She looked up when a man walked in and asked for her. She saw the manager, the man she'd met that day, seated at the judge's table. He smiled at her and she gave a nervous nod in response.

She sang the song she'd prepared when they asked. She did a freestyle dance to some music. They asked her several questions and she was able to answer them very quickly. The manager looked proud of her the whole time. He smiled again as she made her exit when she was done.

She was relieved when she stepped out and into the waiting room. She almost laughed. The atmosphere was so tense. She allowed herself a smile as Lee Chanhee, the next person called, walked past her. She went home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was about a week later that they called her to say she was picked as one of the members. She nearly dropped the phone in surprise. They told her she was to go to the company building to get things settled.

Eli hung up the phone and stared at Charlie who was watching her. "I made it!" She exclaimed incredulously. "I actually made it!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was done. The papers were signed and they had talked over some things. They informed her she would go through training with the rest of the band.

"The band is going to be called Teen Top." The manager said. "You are the second eldest out of seven members. You will be given stage names based on your best talents. You were picked for the way you dance. You will be called, if you have no objections, Fierce Dancer Dante.

Eli thought for a bit. It sounded a bit weird. But she wasn't the picky type so she didn't protest. After settling a few other issues she asked when she was to meet the other members.

"Soon." Was the manager's reply. He proceeded to take her on a tour of the building. The recording studios, offices of important people, bathrooms, and several dance studios. Eli took great interest in these because she'd never had a real place to practice her dancing. These would be her favorite rooms, she knew.

"Can I use these rooms anytime I want?" She asked the manager. He nodded and the tour went on. When they were don Eli left and went home, pleased with the day's events.