I Need You

I Need You

The final concert has finished, that means Minhyun has moved into Wanna One’s dorm.

It’s already been a few weeks, but seems like everyone is not adapting very well.

For example…

 

“Ya Baekho! You didn't wash your plates after eating?”

“Minhyun will wash it anyway… Ah okay I will wash them.”

 

“Only you guys here? Where is Minhyun?”

 

“Oh Minhyun’s parcel, is he in the room?”

 

“Why is there a lunch box here? Ah hyung you bought five again?”

Yes, even our manager hyung too.

 

We had been together for so many years, isn’t it normal to be like this.

We always avoid mentioning about Minhyun, but somehow people still like to bring it out anyway.

No I am not complaining. This is what we wanted to achieved when we decided to go on the program - to have a new start. We are all happy for Minhyun when we see his high popularity now.

I am just… worried about Minhyun.

It’s not very good to have his name to be connected with us right now, to be criticized by the fans. I do not want him to get hurt.

Not at all.

It’s only one and a half year, it will pass very fast anyway. Everything will be fine by then.

I really thought so.

X

 

“Jonghyun ah, we have a schedule tomorrow.”

Minki walked into my room while I was reading the news about Wanna One, they are going to debut soon.

“Isn’t it tomorrow our rest day? Why is there a schedule all of a sudden?”

“Manager hyung just told me just now, he just accepted it, it’s tomorrow afternoon, probably just a few hours.”

“Is Aron hyung with us too?” Since Baekho will be staying in Jeju for a while more.

“Nope, it’s only both of us.”

“Both of us? Don't tell me it’s related to 101 again?”

Minki said hesitantly, “Honestly, we are going to Wanna One’s dorm tomorrow. You heard of ‘Wanna One Go’ right? We are going to be the guests.”

Wanna One’s dorm? Minhyun will be there right?

Minki saw I wasn't talking, “You… don't want to go? Minhyun is there, and also the rest, you don't want to see them as well?”

“Why are we going on their show? You know, now is a very sensitive period…” It’s better not for us to have any interaction now.

“I know you are worried that Minhyun will get bashed, but I also know that you miss him.”

Is it so… obvious…?

“Just treat it as a small visiting, at most we tell the PD, don't give us too many screen time!”

Yes I miss him so much, but…

“Okay okay let’s treat it as I am missing Minhyun I want to see him okay? Since I have already say yes to manager hyung, just accompany me! Do you want to leave me alone~” Minki held my hand and swung it with aegyo.

“Okay okay I will go with you,” I think I am born to be defeated by Minki’s aegyo, “But only two of us going?”

“Seonho is going too, you don't know how happy is that kid when he know that he is going to see his Minhyun hyung. He just called me to show off and found out that we are going too haha.”

It’s good to have Seonho with us too, so that everyone’s attention will be on him instead.

At least I get to see Minhyun, I guess it’s not so bad?

X

 

“Jonghyun hyung! Minki hyung! Annyeonghaseyo!” Seonho greeted us when he boarded the van. He is really adorable.

“Seonho ya annyeong.”

They sent us a van to fetch us to Wanna One’s dorm. But the van suddenly stopped in front of another agency.

“Isn’t this Starship? Sewoon’s agency?” Minki recognised it.

“Jonghyun hyung! Minki hyung! Annyeonghaseyo! Seonho ya annyeong!” We saw Sewoon when the door opened.

“Oh its Sewoon ah, faster come in.” I told him to get on the van.

“I didn't expect Sewoon hyung to come with us, so good! Are you going to see Jaehwan hyung?”

“Mwo ya not only to see him, I miss everyone too.”

“Okay since everyone is here, I will give you a briefing now.” The PD nim sitting in front turned to the back to brief us, “Later we will go to Wanna One’s dorm. Now they are doing missions in pairs, everyone has already went out except for Minhyun and Jaehwan, they are still in the dorm. So you guys will be their guests to visit their dorm.”

“Is Minhyun staying at home to clean? Woah he is cleaning everywhere. Yah Jonghyun ah just nice that you prepared a broom for him!”

“Minhyun and Jaehwan?” Obviously I was not in the same frequency with Minki.

“Yes, it’s chosen by fans. Minhyun paired with Jaehwan.”

Minhyun and Jaehwan started to stick together even during 101. Everyone can tell that they are very close, and Jaehwan likes him too. Now that they are in the same group, there must be a lot of interactions for them, and will become more and more close. Now even the fans paired them together.

I was worried that Minhyun will be lonely in the group, but now seems like I do not need to worry anymore.

But what is that weird feeling in my heart.

 

We have reached the dorm. I was honestly very nervous. Yes I am missing Minhyun, but I have to hide it from the audience. Just when I was thinking how to greet them, the door opened.

“Woah you came!” “There is four of you!”

The door opened means camera was started rolling, I went into the dorm with my unnatural face.

“You have to smile.” Minki reminded me softly.

Then I raised my head to look at Minhyun, he held my hand. I know what he was trying tell me, and I thought he read my mind too. We always said that we have tired of seeing each other 24/7, but now I feel like I have never seen him for ten years.

I really miss you.

I endured the feeling to hug him and sat furthest away from him. I saw Minki shaking his head and rolling his eyes at me.

I saw the red string which tied Minhyun and Jaehwan together after sitting down. So that is the game they are playing now. Seems like you are very happy playing with Jaehwan, just like when you were with us.

Seems like you do not need me anymore.

“I want to be tied together with Minhyun hyung too~”

Seonho ah hyung understand your feeling.

 

Minhyun and Jaehwan were preparing dishes in the kitchen, we went in too after playing on our own. Minhyun was in charge of cleaning in our dorm last time, but cooking is still another world for him. And Jaehwan… he didn't even turn on the stove…

“You just go out, there are still plenty of time for you to cook for me when I go back. For now just leave it to us.” I was holding the ladle trying to help, but Minhyun snatched it from me.

He saw my panic face, “Don’t worry, they can’t hear us here if we speak softly.” Minhyun put his hand on my shoulder, “Don't be so sensitive, I am alright.”

“No I am just…” We have known each other for so many years, Minhyun can totally read my mind just by looking at my face. Actually I planned to have a private talk with him when I was in the van, but now, it’s impossible for us to talk.

“Jonghyun hyung, if you want to talk to Minhyun hyung, just do it. Don't mind about me, I can’t hear anything.” Sometimes I really wonder, am I really that obvious?

“Actually it’s nothing much, just that… I am glad that you getting along with the rest.”

“Are you worried about me?”

“Yah you know not everyone can endure your OCD right? I am just worried that you will fight with them.”

“Jonghyun ah, actually I wasn't really adapting well at first. I had been together with you guys for so many years, and I have to be in a new group and stay in a dorm together with totally different people, honestly speaking I wasn't happy. It's very lively with so many cute dongsaengs here, Jisung hyung and Sungwoon hyung always take care of us too, especially Jisung hyung, I guess he don't want me to be sad. I know I shouldn't say this in front of Jaehwan, but every night when everyone was sleeping, I felt very lonely, I wasn't happy. I kept thinking what are you guys doing, is the dorm becoming very messy without me cleaning, and Aron hyung, I haven’t have the chance to talk to him yet.”

I didn't expect Minhyun will open up when Jaehwan was still here.

“But I have gotten over it, since I am the only one who made it here, I have to do the best, I can’t embarrass you, I can’t let you guys down. I also know that a lot of people are bashing me, they don't like me to interact with you guys, I know everything. I know you are worried about me, but it’s a fact that I am still the member of NU’EST, no matter what I am doing, I just have to do my best, I will not care about others.”

“Minhyun ah, I am glad that you have gotten over it. You are the most thoughtful member among the rest. Now we just need to work hard separately, one and a half year will past very fast, then you can join us back. Promise me, don't overwork, and don’t exhaust yourself.”

“I should be saying the last sentence to you, leader nim. Now we have finally succeed, we must cherish it. I am very happy now, so you really don’t need to worry about me.”

“Yeah Jonghyun hyung,” Jaehwan spoke too, “I will help you to take care of Minhyun hyung too.”

“Please tidy up of bed first before trying to take care of me!” These two started to make fun of each other again.

Is he the reason that you happy right now?

I felt that I am contradicting myself. I was very worried that whether you will get along with the members, but I am jealous now.

Will we still be the same after one and a half year? Will you still want to leave them?

Wait, jealous??? WHY???

I should be happy. I am happy to see him happy.

If you are good, I am good too.

X