Blessed

Blessed

It was raining outside the morning I saw you. Your charcoal coloured hair had rain drops falling off them, and your favourite white t-shirt was dripping wet. From the very first sight I felt where was something about you. I never actually believed in love from first sight, life taught me too many lessons. I learned them well. But you were different... Was there something sparkling in your eyes, or was it your voice that made me shiver the second I heard it? Your friends surrounded you, and you were laughing and smiling so brightly. Just as if the sun shined over your face. That's how I felt the moment I saw you. Then what about you I wonder? What did you feel when we met each other's eyes? You froze there for a second but your smile never faded. You blinked your eyes twice and then left your friends making your way to me. I kept eating my ice cream following you with my gaze.

- Hey! -  you spoke up looking down at me.

I nodded my head recognizing your words, then repeated the same worn out phrase. 

- Do you mind me joining you? - you asked.

- Then what about your friends? It looks like they are already missing you, - I looked behind your back, but instead you returned me a quite laugh.

- You shouldn't be worried about my friends, they are nice people. What should concern you the most is the persona right next to you.

- And who is that supposed to be? 

- Me, - you shined at me with your gorgeous smile. -  I want you to come with me. Can you do that?

- Why?

- Because I believe you are the one who should see it, - you stood up, took me by my wrist and left the cafe. Your friends stayed. They understood you. 

You moved fast almost dragging me after yourself. A few minutes passed when we finally reached the place. It was a stage set up in a park. Tonight is supposed to be a talent show, a concert for people who want to try themselves, to show off what they can do.

- We are going to be there tonight, - you pointed at the stage. - And you will wait me here and cheer for me, because the very moment you see me on that stage your soul will be taken away by my voice. 

- Are you sure? - I laughed at you. 

- Yes, I am, - you turned back to me closing the space between us. 

- I don't think so, - I smiled looking you right in the eye. - You are wrong, because you already own my soul from the moment you entered that cafe. 

- Can I take more than that? - you didn't move but I knew what was on your mind. 

- I already told you, you own my soul. My body is just an addition. A gift so honourably given to you.

You leaned down and kissed my cheek, then another. Looked at me, bewitched, and only then touched my lips with yours taking my breath away. 

There was something in the air that day, something special surrounded us and keeps being there forever after. You are doing what you like the most, and I am always by your side supporting you. We are protected and blessed by our love that shines for eternity.