Chapter 1

My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 (Kim Taeah)

(This chapter contains images if you don't see them please refresh the page :) 

Busan 1 year ago. 

-Emergency Room at Busan Hospital-

 

"Student, please help patient number 10 with his wounds." The doctor shouts from the door.

 

"Ne." I shout back and grab my medical equipment. 

 

Today is my last day as a student volunteer here at Busan Hospital, the reason why I even bother on being a doctor at all is because of my mother. Yes, my mother or known as 'the mistress'. When I turned 4 years old my mother was killed because of poisoning, but no one told me any of that. They just told me my mother died because she's a mistress and being a mistress is a disgrace. I always live in secret but once she's dead, I moved to my father's house who turns out to be the owner of the biggest mineral industries in Korea. There I thought I'm going to be a princess just like what I've always dreamt about, but boy was I all wrong. My step mother hates me and my grandmother despise me, everyday growing up they would say mean things like 'why are you even born' or 'you are born as a disgrace'. To say that one day I'll get used to it is a lie, I never get use to any of it. Because the threats and the abuse gets worse every single day. They would only stop if Jaehwan oppa's present or when my dad is present. Aside from the physical and verbal abuse, they would take my money and any gifts that I get from my dad or anyone in particular. They told me I am not worthy of the 'glamour'. I now understand why my mother hides and keeps me a secret knowing how mistreated I am now. I want to prove everyone that she is a great mother and she's not a disgrace. Though I'm born as a 'basta*d' child I can be a successful doctor that saves people's life instead of ruining them like what everybody thinks. 

 

"Taeah! Can you help hold this for me?" My co worker said as she hands me an iv tube. I place the bandage on the side table and rush towards her. 

"It hurts so bad." The grandma cries on the bed. 

"I know just hold my hand, it'll be alright." I soothe her and hold her hand on mine, hoping to calm her down. 

"Where is the student?! There's a ruckus outside can you help calm it down?! It's disturbing!" The head doctor shouts. 

"Ne!" I shout back and hand the iv tube and run out of the emergency room to see the problem. 

"WHERE IS SHE?!" A guy shouts from to the receptionist. 

"I'm sorry who are you looking for?" The receptionist ask scared. 

"LEE YURA!" He shouts making everyone scared. 

"Sir I want you to please calm down." The security guard shouts. 

"DO NOT TOUCH ME!" He shouts and accidentally slipped his hand making the vase fall leaving a  bruise on his hand. I stand straight up and rush towards him. 

"Sir your hands are bleeding and we have to clean it." I told him slowly. 

"DO NOT!" He shouts at me and jerks his hand back making me startled. He noticed my action and back up a bit. 

"Please, before it gets infected." I told him gently. He nod his head slowly and I guide him towards the small medical room. 

"Sit down please, I'll grab the bandage." I told him and he nods still looking at me. I sigh and grab the bandage sitting across of him. I reach out to grab his hand but he moves it away. 

"I-I need to clean the wound." I told him. 

"Oh, sorry." He mutters and hand me his wounded hand. I sigh and wipe the spilled blood. 

"Quite the ruckus you made out there." I start the conversation to distract him from the pain. 

"Huh? Oh, yeah yes. Sorry." He answer. 

"Well, looks like all you need is a bandage no stitches. You're lucky." I explained and rub alcohol on the wound. He winced a bit but calm down soon after. 

"So, what made you that angry?" I ask him. 

"I'm looking for my ex girlfriend." He mumbles. 

"Oh? Umm, maybe I can search the database for her." I comfort him. 

"No need, I was just so angry awhile ago. Sorry you have to see that." He said. 

"Umm, yeah of course I understand. Couples break up and it ." I laugh. 

"More like, she stole my money and runaway." He laughs. 

"Oh.." I mumble

"It's alright, I just wanted to make sure whether she's lying or not. She told me she needed the money because she's pregnant with my baby. But turns out she's running away with my money and another guy." He suddenly explain. 

"Wow, that ." I blurted out, I sigh and look up at him to see him stare straight at me. 

"Umm, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-" 

"It's alright." He cuts me off and smile. I smile back and stand up taking a lollipop. 

"All done, and here's a lol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter