Coincidence

In Another Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coincidence.

-O-O-

“Okay, I understand. Now, ssshh… hey, calm down. Everything is gonna be alright, this side of you makes me think this is not Im Nayoung.”

Minkyung laughs, her voice is hoarse. Nayoung exactly called her when she just woke up from her nap, it’s already evening now. And it’s a rare moment for her to get call from Nayoung. Even though they can said their relationship at the stage which is already over the Girlfriend’s phase, they’re already more than that.

And  If someone asked about them to Siyeon, she must answered that they’re married, it’s not a wrong answer. But they never do it legally, it just a promise, between her, Nayoung and Nayoung’s Dad.

Thinking about what happened to Nayoung right now, no wonder the older girl called her. She understand how Nayoung’s voice is shaky and how she can heard a little sobs. Maybe a hug will calm her down, she wish she is beside her .

“Did you call your Dad ?”

A little ‘Yes’ is an answer, Minkyung nods her head.

“Now calm down, you have me. Uncle Im must be prepared a new place for you and Yebin, right now. You better get ready and pack your things, Yebin too.”

She took a glance at the Clock, maybe she should call Nayoung’s Dad too. That old man must be needing her help.

There is no words anymore, but she still can heard Nayoung’s breaths. “Thanks for taking care of Yebin.” She said, and hold her breath when Nayoung bid her a Goodbye.

“I love this song.”

Yebin chirped at the Grandma beside her who is enjoying her tea, she smiled at the old woman and greeted her properly.

It just another day she spend her time to walks around the streets and somehow she found this old Café, without much thinking she just entered that place. A classic old song greeted her, the atmosphere in this place is very calm and Yebin love it. She ordered some drink and took a seat beside this lonely Grandma, intead sitting alone on the empty table near window.

“It’s an old song.” The Grandma answered, Yebin nods her head. “How can you know, Young lady ?”  She continue and carefully raised her hand, tried to took a sip of her warm Tea.

“Technology, everything is available now. I can even dig a gold on Internet.” She chuckled and the Grandma smile at her.

“Back then when I was young, people love to listen this song. Every Radio shows always play this song and people even played it at some party and we … dance.” Her voice is low and husky, it’s kinda hard to hear her talk properly, Yebin need to admit. She sounds like she is slurring.

“Must be lovely.” Yebin replied. She grins and The Grandma smile warmly at her, she let the Grandma patted her cheek.

“Ofcourse!” 

And Yebin decided to watch how The Grandma talks with that spirit on her eyes, and the warmth whenever she smile at her.

After spending 20 minutes by talking with this lovely Grandma, Yebin decided to get out from their table. The lovely Grandman, Addie is her name, just told her this Café have a special Vinyl/ LP collections. Maybe she should take a look, after all she is kind of interested and feeling nostalgic with those old songs.

Nowadays, she always listen what those Teenagers like. Yes that up-beat songs, which pumping her head like crazy and they called it as EDM.

She stares in awe and opened , The staff, this young boy show her the direction to Vinyl/ LP collections room. It’s bigger than what Yebin expected, because this Café looks like a normal medium sized Café. But this place is big.

There are a lot of people, some of them are Oldies who is enjoying their tea and Middle aged people who is busy talking about their old days. Yebin smiled, when she she found a few teenagers listening the music from LP player. Atleast not all teenagers love EDM, some of them love a classic songs like this.

She walks to the 1950’s section, without thinking much she grab a Jo Stafford’s LP and played it on LP player. She remember that Addie loves Jo Stafford so much, she is a big fan she said.

You Belong To Me, is playing and Yebin can picture what Addie said about back then people love to dancing with this song. Funny, how she can remember about those old classic song from 1940’s but she can’t remember anything from 1950’s. Maybe her memory isn’t that great anymore, after all she is a Human.

Yebin raised her head, feeling a pair of eyes staring at her. She furrowed her eyebrows in confuse, a girl around her age—looking at her. That small but round eyes, staring at her as if sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter