finale

"La tristesse durera toujours"
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maybe I’m too busy being yours to fall for someone new.

 

I keep telling myself that I only need you. That I only want you. It was my daily mantra, something I’ve adapted since there was no more you. Fooling myself thinking that I am okay, that I was still yours, that I was still your better half. That’s when I learned, words has their expiration dates. But, I, myself, don’t know when will my own words reach theirs. I wish it would be soon. I wish this pain would stop when I open my eyes when I wake up.

 

Whiskey in my hand, drink for the lonely man sitting solely at the couples couch. I wondered when will I start selling all these now useless stuff I have littered everywhere in my house. Should I just move away? Should I place my lot for sale online? I have a lovely abode, perfect for a husband and wife. Should have been perfect for us. Although, I don’t think I am strong enough just yet. I still force myself to think that your scent still lingers on the surfaces you touch and I can’t bring myself to think other people touching what you have touched. Selfish up to this day, was that why you left? Convincing myself that it was my fault why we didn’t work, but in reality, it was you. But I can never blame you, no, not ever. I hold you dear to me too much to taint your innocent image. I can never bring myself to hate you. That’s how great my feelings are for you.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter