Four

Sleeves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae was busy talking with Baekhyun when the boy went completely still, his wandering eyes focusing solely on something behind Jongdae’s head. Feeling curious and a bit freaked out with Baekhyun’s frightened look, he looked backwards, and all colors drained from his face.

Mei was standing behind him, eyeing him with determination in her eyes. They were in the left corner of their college’s cafeteria, and so there weren’t a lot of people paying attention to him and his friends boyishly and obnoxiously eating their food, fortunately for him; nobody was there to witness Mei standing in front of him weirdly like that either.

“You wouldn’t have done it, would you?”

Jongdae didn’t understand her words, nor what this entire situation was. He didn’t understand why she suddenly came to see him after one month of their break-up, as she seemed to completely move on after her breakdown in the locker’s room. But he understood one thing; all of his friends stilled to watch what the hell she was doing. Actually, Baekhyun regained his senses quickly and he immediately barked.

“Excuse me, why are you talking to him?”

“If you hadn’t done it in front of your cheering friends, you wouldn’t have done it, would you?” Mei wholeheartedly ignored Baekhyun, her eyes sat still on Jongdae, a burning flame of intense emotions dwindling. It seemed that the longer she stayed standing, waiting for him to say something, the more her courage falter. He opened his mouth and closed it, speechless, before registering what she was exactly saying, and he shut his mouth close with a hesitant nod.

That caused a beautiful, wholehearted smile to curl on her lips, and Jongdae sensed her whole demeanor softening in its intensity.

“That’s.. a relief.”

He didn’t know what was.

-


“Hi.”

Jongdae choked up on his saliva when he saw who the hell was hovering over the table he was sitting on, his legs over it like a piece of furniture from his home, even though he’s in a public library. He took out his earphones, giving Mei, the person that stood over him, a good stare down to her feet. What.. did she say something he didn’t hear over the blaring music of his phone?

“He..y..” He tried to greet as casually as ever, thinking that he should after all with that expecting look on her face. Once he let out his words, Mei smiled, and Jongdae was about to hurl over himself in surprise.

She actually smiled at him, a full, genuine smile that was full of nice feelings.

He watched her with agape mouth as she let her things drop over the seat right besides his, littering all of her dozen books over the table and scattering her pencils around. She shot him a look when she noticed him eyeing her like a hawk, and before he could look away, she shot him a sweet smile.

“This is my table, actually.”

Oh.

Jongdae’s eyes widened, and he whipped his head around to look around him in bewilderment. For God’s sake, he was sitting on the same table she liked to occupy most of the time, the middle table that overlooked every shelf around, the table she liked a lot. Had he been so overwhelmed with how his life is going on without her that his feet led him to this place, Jongdae’s cheeks burned.

“Oh, I’ll just.. leave.”

“Don’t be silly, it’s a table for twelve people, in a public place. You can sit as long as you want.” She quickly retaliated, fixing herself on her seat and flickering her fingers over her books. The intense, stern look she always harbors in whatever she was doing replaced her pleasant face once she focused on her work, taking a capped blue pen out of her stash of things and marking down things he probably couldn’t understand for they majored different things.

“O..kay.”

Jongdae gulped, wondering what the hell is wrong with her. Why was she being so nice and docile? That wasn’t the Mei he was so familiar with. When did she even change? Just yesterday, he spotted her scowling at a bunch of students who by mistake knocked her soda from her table because of a dumb brawl between one another, and now; she was suddenly.. like that?

“Can I use your black pen really quick? There are some pointers I need to mark and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter