Chapter Three

I Smile

But today, I smile
Even though it hurts, I smile
In front of you
I pretend that I’m fine
I pretend that I’m okay
I have to

I smile, I smile
So once in a while
We can meet with a smile
I must smile, I smile..

-------

"Jooyeon ah~"

Is he calling me?

"Jooyeon?"

For real? Did he really mention my name?

"Kang Jooyeon. Are you okay?" Sungjin waves his hand in front of Jooyeon's face as the latter remains stiff and was staring at him blankly. He clears his throat as it was his final choice when Jooyeon didn't budge at all.

Jooyeon blinks her eyes and gasps as she was surprised by Sungjin. She felt her face turn red as she noticed that she was staring at him for too long now. 

"Y-yes?"

Oh fudge. Did he notice it? Did I stare at him for so long? Aish! I really look like an idiot, that's for sure!

"Are you alright? Are you sick? You're face is red..." Sungjin was about to touch her forehead when Jooyeon takes one step backward.

"I-i'm okay, i'm okay.." she said, almost mumbling.

Sungjin chuckled awkwardly as his action makes the atmosphere so awkward.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just thought that you are sick right now."

Here you go again, Bob. Stop being so concerned with everything. And don't you ever mention that S word. I know you didnt mean it.

"I see. But I'm really okay. You don't need to worry..." Jooyeon said, smiling.

"So what brings you here? I mean, What do you need? What's with the sudden message?" she said, trying to act natural and cool despite the fact that she was so nervous as hell.

"Oh, that? Um, Why dont we take a walk first? You know, I kinda miss this place." Sungjin said, staring at the wide sky filled with stars while taking some few steps forward then glanced back at Jooyeon who is currently contemplating whether she will agree or not.

Eh? What's with this person? He's acting like something did not happen in the past. Or am I just the only one who is still affected on what happened two months ago...

 

"Jooyeon please... I told you already. My feelings changed. I dont feel the same way anymore... and.. you're too good for me but I think, that one thing that once connects us is now missing. I don't think it's fair to you if we keep dating." Sungjin said, slowly removing his hand on Jooyeon's.

 

Jooyeon sighs as she remembered that particular scene on this place. She glanced at Sungjin who is now walking towards her again as she remained standing still on her spot.

"Okay, okay. Let's take a walk for now. Let's go." she smiled as she followed him silently.

--

The two walks silently when Sungjin suddenly broke the silence.

"My Day. That's the name of our fans.." he said, smiling proudly. "and we are being recognized now as one of the rising bands on the music industry..."

Sungjin keeps on talking about their achievements, while Jooyeon can't help but to smile as she was listening to him. Even if she was still mad at him, she can't deny the fact that she was also proud at their achievements. 

"You know, you should also thank Brian for making good lyrics." She said, teasing Sungjin. Knowing that the latter feels jealous whenever she praised his bandmates especially Young K.

"Brian. You called him on his english name again huh? What's with the two of you, eo?" he chuckled abit. and the teasing goes on for the whole night.

--

Jooyeon glanced at Sungjin who is still laughing at their silly jokes. For once, she let herself smile even if she was still hurting. Because she can't deny the fact that even if he hurts her before, seeing him smile and laugh like that tonight somehow ease the pain she felt two months ago...