Chapter One

I Smile

"It's been a while
I didn't think you'd call first
"If you're free,
Let's meet up"
How can I say no to that?"

-----

August 26, 7:49 p.m.

Jooyeon noticed the date as she glanced at the calendar that is on her desk. She let out a deep sigh then fixes her things when two of her workmates slash bestfriends excitedly invites her to go clubbing after work.

"Jooyeon ah, come join us. Let's go to that new club!" Mina said, nodding.
"It's ok--" "I know you'll turn down our invitation again but please, we don't take no as an answer today. Besides, it's already weekend." Hayeon cuts off her words.

Jooyeon rolled her eyes and flashes a fake smile to Hayeon though the latter didn't noticed it since she was busy on her phone.

"Okay, okay. Fine, I'll go with you. But I need to go to the powder room first." She said then her bestfriends nod, following her since they need to retouch their makeup as well.

As soon as they reached the powder room, the two excited girls are already busy retouching their make up but not Jooyeon.

She just stare at her own reflection blankly and noticed how her looks changed.

Jooyeon smiles bitterly how her looks became so dull in just two months. Two freaking months after Sungjin left her.

"I'm sorry Jooyeon ah. But.. everything changed. My feelings for you is not the same like what I've felt before..."

She bit her lower lip as soon as she felt that anytime, her tears will fall as she remembers her ex boyfriend.

Hayeon noticed Jooyeon. She approached her, tapping her shoulder lightly.

"Kang Jooyeon. You remember him, right?" She said, smiling sadly as she glanced at her on the mirror.

"E-eh? N-no! Remember who?" Jooyeon gasps and quickly stands properly, fixing her hair.

"Liar. You can't hide your sadness, Miss. We know you. Even if you're not talking, we know that you're still affected. We know that every night, you're crying because of that jerk." Mina said, wiping the tears that fell on Jooyeon's eyes. 

Jooyeon chuckled abit after hearing Mina's word and faces them. "You really do know me, huh? But seriously, I'm okay now. It's just that, I suddenly remember him because... It's exactly two months now since we broke up." She smiled sadly while looking down.

"And? Come on girl, let's just go to the club, let's drink and party all night! That way, you'll forget him. Believe me." Mina said, pinching Hayeon lightly on her arm to send the signal.

"Uh-huh! We can go man hunting too! You know, hot guys on the dance floor, hot DJs. Ah! Ppali! Let's go now, I'm really excited!" Hayeon excitedly squeals as she placed herself in between Mina and Jooyeon, wrapping her arms on theirs and playfully drags them out of the powder room.

Jooyeon just shakes her head while chuckling as her friends tried really hard to cheer her up.

---

Loud music. People dancing on the dance floor. Couples kissing everywhere. The smoke of the cigarettes somehow fills the club.

Jooyeon just let herself being dragged by her friends as the two heads on the side, spotted their own seat. 

After settling down, the two ordered their drinks immediately while moving their bodies along with the beat.

"You'll drink with us, okay? No buts." Mina said while leaning towards Jooyeon since the music is too loud and for Jooyeon to hear her.

"Okay, okay. Just don't drink too much,hm?" Jooyeon said.

"Ahh! I really need this. Right at this moment. I'm really stressed right now." Hayeon said in a exaggerated tone, drinking almost half of her drinks as soon as it arrives on their table.

Mina and Jooyeon chuckled as what their friend said.

After some time, Mina and Hayeon pulls Jooyeon up and was about to drag her on the dance floor when the latter declines.

"What now, Kang Jooyeon? Come on, let's dance!" Mina whines abit. Hayeon tilted her head abit as if it was a question to Jooyeon if she'll go or not.

"Later. I'll join you later okay? I'll just drink here for awhile. Go now, enjoy the night. Promise, I'll join you guys later." Jooyeon said, smiling at Mina who's about to leave now.

"Alright. But don't you ever escape, okay? I know you." Mina chuckled then follows Hayeon on the dance floor.

After her friends leave, Jooyeon let out a deep sigh. Drinking the vodka on her glass. She watch those people dancing as if they don't have any problems in life.

"How I wish He was here... Getting mad because I'm drinking. Getting jealous because some guys are staring at me. But.." she said, tears slowly falling from her eyes as soon as she imagine Sungjin's mad expression. She really can't let go of him, that's for sure. She still loves him.

Right when she was about to fill her glass again, her phone beeps. She received a message. Even if she doesnt want to, she still get her phone and checked who the sender was.

Blink.

She blinked her eyes again thinking that she might having illusions. Her heart stops when she confirmed that she was not dreaming.

 

 

 

 

 


My Bob ❤
08/26/17
10:23pm

Are you free tonight? Let's meet at the park.