Chapter 1

Summer Rain

Every time it would shower…I would see…her, without an umbrella, letting herself fall victim to the rain.

 

I often walked through this barren path after my shift but never have i seen anyone such as her. And the funny thing is I never see her at all…unless it was on days like this.

 

Most people would be running away in adjacent to opposite directions just to seek shelter from the menacing pitter patters, but not her.

 

 She would just…stand there, without an umbrella, looking up at the sky with her eyes closed, letting the droplets caress her face. 

 

And that’s when I felt my heart flutter….

 

She looked so beautiful while getting showered by the rain that I was completely entranced.

 

I didn’t know how long i was standing there staring at her but it didn’t seem to matter, not when i noticed the subtlety of sadness hidden beneath her smile. I tried not to pay too much attention to it but the thought still lingered.

 

Not long after I saw her finally moving, turning her back towards a direction unknown to me. Slowing strolling away until i couldn’t see her anymore…indicating that it was my cue to head home as well. 

 

It started to become a reoccurring event, every time it rained, I would walk and see her in that very same place with that very same expression. And every time I would stand there watching her. 

 

You would think I’m creepy, sure i didn’t have the courage to walk up to her but i couldn’t find the heart to simply walk away either. I didn’t want to leave her alone especially when these roads were so empty.

 

But today was different…

 

As usual I was walking with an umbrella in one hand, while pulling the front of my sweater a little closer to keep me from getting cold with the other. 

Getting closer to the marked spot, I saw her again, the same girl wearing a checkered shirt that was neatly tucked inside her blue skirt, with black hair left loose over her shoulders.

 

And as always I would look at her mesmerized, until i saw…tears. She was crying, not bringing an umbrella and getting wet was an excuse. The girl wanted to hide in the embrace of the summer rain, in an area where people hardly passed by. 

 

At the moment she looked so broken…beautiful…but…broken.

 

Not even the sound of rain could muffle her soft sobs, and soon after she fell to her knees, her head low, clenching her fist against the Earth as she cried harder.

 

The sight of her made my heart ache and grip the handle of my umbrella just a little tighter. 

 

I wanted to rush to her side and hold her tight, to tell her everything would be alright and a pretty girl like her shouldn't be crying and hiding herself away in this terrible excuse of a weather. 

 

And that’s what I did.

 

——————————————————————————————————————————

 

The rain suddenly stopped pouring over me as I noticed a shadow hover over me but my vision was blurred by tears, I couldn’t bring myself to look up. 

 

There was no indication of how long I have been crying but the shadow near me never left.

 

Feeling slightly embarrassed i slowly looked up to a girl with long brown hair standing with her back facing towards me. 

And before I could get a better look at her face she holds up a grey sweater in front of me.

 

“You’re all soaked, you must be freezing…” Ah…! She spoke, her voice sounded so sweet but when i glanced at there face…she looked so distant?

 

I slowly reached for the sweater and draped it over my shoulders, pulling it close…”Thank..you..” I managed to speak, surprised my voice didn’t sound too hoarse from all the crying. 

 

“You know…you’re going to catch a cold if you keep sitting there….” I stayed quiet, noticing the girl get slightly hesitant but determined to continue speaking.

 

“My place is nearby….you can warm up there if you want…” 

 

“I don’t want to intrude….” I mumbled, this earned the girl to finally turn around to face me. 

 

“Don’t worry its not a big deal…plus I live alone, it would be nice to have some company anyway.” she smiled. 

 

Wow she’s stunning, i would be lying if i said my heart didn’t leap at the sight of her. I think i might've stared a bit too long because now her face was inches away from mine. And I felt the heat starting to creeping up to my cheeks. 

 

“Hey you alright? You look a bit red…we should get going, before you really fall sick.” 

 

I can only nod slowly before standing up.

 

She held the umbrella more comfortably after shifting over to my side making sure i didn’t get more drenched than i already was and started to lead the way with me trailing alongside her. 

 

It was a quiet walk, not that i minded, it was comfortable and gave me some time to collect my thoughts. 

 

As we walked I couldn’t help but take small glances at the person walking beside me. She just looked so much more beautiful from up close that i just couldn’t keep my eyes away from her. 

 

I guess miracles do exist.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I Originally planned this to be a One-Shot but not being able to finish writing due to school I'm going to post it in parts :) I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you guys think.