Episode 03

The Unspoken Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The small note in his desk calendar recalled something to him. Before leaving out to school, he stared just once at it.

'Her Birthday'

He sighed letting him feel the weight in his emotions.

"Jason! Are you still there? I can give you a ride to school" He heard his father's voice next.

"No, thanks. I am going by, bus" he stated. He heard his footprints were coming to his untidy room.

"Jason!" he turned back.

"Until when are you going to rebel?" He remained looking at him blankly.

"Other professors are gossiping about your behaviours behind my back. Being rebellious in the college as well as in the house, what do you expect to happen?" He asked stopping at him.

"I am dating Katrin, the daughter of Chief Professor. Don't you think we have a further advantage from that?" he asked ignoring all his words.

"What?"

"Why are you so much surprise? You must be happy to hear that" He smiled hilariously.

"Jason! I know why you are doing this to me? I know, I am not a capable father as well as a professor. I know, I am a coward and go behind the chief professor for everything, I know I am wrong. But... I do everything to protect you. If I lose the job, then how can I spend for your college? What I really want to see is, one day you will stand up on your feet" Jason sighed again.

"As long as you know" he muttered and left the house as soon as possible.

He knew the reasons for everything. He knew that his father was the only relation he has in this world and he does everything for him. but, he always hates his father's weakness for being a low profile in the college. He knew, since his mother's death, his father protected him and educated him in his all means, but, still, he couldn't make his mind. As long as, he sees how Sera suffer to survive, as long as, he knew how her college years are wasting for working at the library and washing those pile of restaurant dishes, as long as he sees how she is still kind towards him even after hurt by him, he couldn't bring himself to behave as a normal student. His rebelliousness was just given the circumstances.

He used to be in his own world these days. He used to think more than speaking these days. Day by day, he knew he was sinking to the depth. But, he couldn't stop him seeing her at least once for a week. From the day, he rescued her from that ert, her familiarity is crawling within him so badly. Just to see her and just to talk to her were his extreme innocent desires which are crushing his heart day by day.

"Jason!" He heard his buddy's voice like in a dream. He just noticed the professor left and it was the final lesson for the day.

"Yes..."

"Why are you so silent?" Willy asked. He remained in silent.

"You can tell me anything, Jason," Jason noticed the sincerity in Willy's eyes. He threw a weak smile to him before speaking.

"I feel like empty" he muttered.

"Empty! Why?" Jason took the pen and began to crawl on his desk like a kid aimlessly.

"Today is her birthday" He replied without looking at his buddy. Students were leaving the class premises and it was getting empty.

"Whose? Katrin?" Willy asked surprisingly.

"She has already told me what she wants as the gift for her birthday..." He said with the same neutral posture.

"Who? Katrin? She told you already?" Willy was getting confused. Jason stared at his buddy this time.

"Not Katrin" He stated.

"Then???" Willy remained looking at his blank face thinking about whom he was talking. He just felt something.

"Don't tell me............! Sera? You mean, Sera?" he asked shockingly.

"Hmm..." Willy was totally astonished. He never thought Jason was so attentive like that.

"Then.........! you mean today is her birthday and you know what she needs as a gift.... right?"

"Yes. It's her twenty-fifth birthday"

"What does she want?" Willy asked questionably. Jason remained just looking at his friend.

"Do you have a money problem? Don't worry, I will give you" Willy said again noticing his silence.

"No, it's not like that"

"Then, since you were so rude to her, are you feel disturbed to buy the gift and meet her?"

"No Willy, it's not like that"

"Then.... What's the matter?" He remained in silence without being able to tell him.

"Jason!"

"Mmmm"

"Why are you so hesitating?" Willy asked finally.

"Willy!!!"

"Mmmm... tell me"

"It's not something you can buy. It's something you need to offer with your full heart"

"Something we can't buy?"

"Mmmm"

"Do you know how much I waited for this day? I waited till her twenty-fifth birthday to give this to her...Not only her, I too, waited for this day, Willy...." Willy caught Jason's arm noticing the moisture in those male eyes. He has never seen his friend in that way. It was a total shock for him to witness him with tears.

"Jason, don't tell me the gift is a ...................................." He said with a shock next. Weakly, Jason nodded his head understanding the clue.

"I feel like going to explode at any moment. It's hard, it's really hard" He lowered his head to the study desk and closed his eyes. Willy finally was able to understand that his sentiments regarding his friend were correct. Everyone has his own limit, a limit which everything stops and reverse...

"Do what your heart says, Jason... Do not restrain yourself. Do not hesitate and stop yourself anymore. Forget about everything and everyone out there. Just, do it...... Just, go for it......Like a man..."

Jason raised his head. Willy's confident eyes offered an ultimate assurance within him. He felt a strength from those words.

"Should I?" he asked confusingly.

"Yes, you should. Stop hesitating...whatever it is, it's what you really want."

"But, there is a story which you don't know, Willy," he said freshly.

"If you tell me, I will listen to you" Jason sighed a long sigh to the empty air.

"I will tell you everything now and then. Before I meet her, there is something I must do before the sunset" Jason's excited eyes were totally complicated to understand. With the intention of helping his friend in any manner, Willy waited to hear his unspoken story.

The time was running when Jason narrated his hidden aching story to his best friend. Noticing the dissimilar expressions in Willy's face time to time, he stated his final decision and conclusion.

"What? Tomorrow? You are going to do.... what???" He remained in silent without answering again to Willy's questions noticing his widened popped eyes towards him...

.................................................................................

Sera walked towards the platform. Her hands were fully occupied with the heavy large bags which filled with old books once again. She slowly stepped while checking the time in the big clock in the railway station. Six o'clock!

It was usual for her to miss the regular train on Fridays but today she has missed the second train as well. It was all because of the rude librarian, her supervisor. Sera was overload with the work but she couldn't escape. Her life has already gone down and there will be no future for a student who expelled for a drug case at the age of twenty-four. She sighed.

She waited for the next train knowing that it will be crowded for sure. 'Will I be able to carry these bags and get into the train? Should I ask someone's help?' she thought miserably. But......

Her eyes caught a familiar face. He was there in the corner of the platform. She checked the time again. 'Has he missed the train too?' she thought while steeping towards him. The day he rescued her recalled so dearly in her memory. Even though he was a jerk to her every time and he was so into Katrin, her inner thoughts believed it was not his true self.

"Jason!" With her voice, he fell to the real world. He has waited there more than one hour to see her. While carrying heavy bags, she was there in front of him. He stared at her hands. Even her blood veins have popped out because of the weight.

"Did you also miss the train?" She asked when he looked at her.

"Ah!! Yeah" He muttered excitedly.

"I see" She smiled and placed the bags on the platform carefully.

Jason looked away putting his hands into his trouser pockets. He was nervous today. In fact, he didn't know, why he came there and waited for her. He didn't have a single idea what he should do when he sees her. 'Should I wish her for the birthday and leave?' He asked from himself. He stared at her again. She was eagerly waiting for the train. Her pale side face, with the ponytail in her head, caught his eyes. He wanted to get closer to her at least once and say 'Sorry' for everything, but, he couldn't bring himself. He rolled away, his eyes from her.

"You are here but you don't talk with me," she said breaking the silence. He noticed the expecting eyes of her.

"I am not here to talk with you. I am here to go home"

He said with the same rudeness. Sera's widened eyes tend towards him. She was hurt and happy at the same time whenever she meets h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter