What I wish for

What I wish for

It was past eight p.m. when JaeJoong reached the apartment he was staying at together with YooChun and JunSu ever since they had to move out, ever since they had to leave their home and family.

The sunset was already over. The darkness of the night and inside of the apartment was everything that greeted him. YooChun and JunSu had gone out god knew where to spend a peaceful time together on Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day

A sad smile scurried over JaeJoong's lips at the thought of the day that was supposed to be for couples and lovers. But this year he would have to spend this day alone, without the one whom his heart belonged to ever since their trainee days. His mind was circling around YunHo and YunHo only. He couldn't think of something else but YunHo, his warm embrace, gentle touches and kisses as he undressed himself, changing from his v-neck shirt and jeans into his boxers and the big T-shirt of YunHo he had secretly taken with him.

JaeJoong sighed deeply as he snuggled himself into his bed. He was gazing at the spot next to him, big enough for a second person, and caressed it softly with his hand. He was shivering cold ever since YunHo's warmth wasn't next to him any longer. Especially during the chilly nights of February. His heart stung with every thought, a lump growing in his throat as his eyes were watering.

'YunHo,' JaeJoong chanted, lulling himself to sleep after the stressful day. A lonely tear rolled down his cheeks when he finally closed his eyes and dreamed of no other but YunHo.

“You know I don't want to go,” JaeJoong said, voice trembling as YunHo held him so tight to his chest, his bones almost breaking under the strong grip of YunHo's arms around him.
“Then don't. I don't care if they want you to leave, all three of you. Just .... just stay, Jae,” YunHo mumbled into the nape of JaeJoong's neck, embracing JaeJoong's trembling form tighter.
“I'd love to. You know I do,” JaeJoong responded, turning around in YunHo's warm embrace. It was always so warm in YunHo's arms, so secure and made JaeJoong feel at home. “But .... we can't. I can't,” he added, sobbing into YunHo's neck as he buried his face into the crook of it.

It was the last time JaeJoong had slept in their apartment, the last time he had felt YunHo's warmth. After that he always shivered cold in the nights, all alone inside of his new bed in his new so-called 'home'.

He stirred awake from his sleep, the sad memory still circling inside of his mind as he turned around under the covers that failed in keeping him warm. A short glance at the clock on his night stand showed him that it was ten p.m. He slept for just two hours and was even more worn out than before.

The sound of something crumpling on his bed when he let himself drop back onto the mattress caught his attention, his eyebrows furrowing in curiousness at the little paper that was lying next to him. It hadn't been there when he got into his bed in the first place so his curiousness was fuelled even more. He sat up, leaning against the headboard of his bed as he reached for the little paper and scanned through the letters imprinted on it. His heart stopped to beat for the split of a second at the written words, racing rapidly soon afterwards as he knew whom this letter was from.

Hello, my sleeping angel.

I probably will be long gone when you will read this
and therefore I'm sorry.
I just couldn't bring myself to wake you,
to bring you back from the dreamlands you headed to.
I'm sorry for not waking you though,
since now I can't hold you and can't be held by you.
Forgive me, for being not around to give you warmth and love.
I miss you, your smile and love.
I miss you so much that it hurts.
Once I see you again, just the two of us,
I will hold you tight to my heart
and will never let you go away again like this.
You've stolen my heart and, as I see,
the T-shirt I've missed for the long time now that I missed you, too.
Don't cry, baby.
I know I hurt you for not being here, by your side,
on the day you learned to love so much.
Call me a bastard,
but I couldn't bring myself to wake my sleeping angel.
You know I love you and I always will.

I believe in us, so don't give up.

Love, YunHo.

JaeJoong's salty tears were leaving his eyes freely, staining the letter of YunHo when they dropped onto the slightly crumpled paper. Without a second thought JaeJoong rushed out of his room, pacing through the apartment and ran into every room and every little corner in search of YunHo. He hoped that he might still be there but the apartment was empty, no one else there except him. His entire form was trembling, his fingers shaking as he grabbed his mobile phone and dialled YunHo's number, giving a about whoever might find out that he contacted him. He was pacing circles inside of his room, his heart thumping rapidly in his ribcage with every free sign. He gulped as soon as he heard that his call was answered from the other line, though no word was spoken. His lips were trembling as he opened his mouth.

“You bastard,” he said, voice soft, broken and hurt. He ran his fingers through his gold-blond hair as he listened to the other one breathing on the other line, walking aimlessly through the apartment.

“You bastard. How could you,” JaeJoong said with a trembling voice as he stood in the living room. His eyes had started to water, the tears threatening to spill over.

“Jae,” YunHo's low voice vibrated through the speaker of his mobile phone, sending a shiver down JaeJoong's spine and caused his tears to freely stream down his cheeks.

“How could you,” JaeJoong choked out, not able to hold back his sobs nor wanting to hide the sadness he felt in front of his lover.

“I'm sorry. But-”

“I hate you,” JaeJoong interrupted YunHo softly, not able to hold back the pain he felt in his chest.

“I know,” YunHo replied apologetically, a deep sigh following. A silence surrounded them for minutes, the only sounds they heard were their breathing and JaeJoong's soft sobs.

“....ck,” JaeJoong whispered into the speaker, his words muffled by his hand.

“What?” YunHo inquired as he didn't get what JaeJoong was saying.

“Come back,” JaeJoong breathed into the speaker of his mobile phone, both of his trembling hands clutching on the black object as he choked his plea out.

“What are you wishing for the most, Jae?” YunHo asked after minutes of silence, confusing JaeJoong who had already begged for him to come back.

“What I-”

“Yeah, what you wish for the most,” YunHo's low voice spoke to him, encouraging him to spill out what he desired the most. And it wasn't just that YunHo should come back. JaeJoong fell silent for some time, just listening to YunHo's breathing and listened to what his heart was yearning for the most.

“I .... I,” he stuttered, chewing on his bottom lip nervously and heaved a big sigh before he found his courage to tell YunHo what he wanted.

“You,” he softly said, voice trembling and reaching YunHo like a whisper. “I just .... I miss you, so ing much,” he spilled out his emotions, his body trembling and shivering with his tears and the coldness that surrounded him. He didn't notice that someone had entered his apartment.

“I miss your warmth. I .... I-”

“You're shivering cold,” the low voice echoed through the, apart from the two of them, empty apartment. JaeJoong's eyes were dilated at the familiarity of the deep and warm voice, his figure trembling when he slowly turned around.

A loud 'thud' resounded through the dark apartment as JaeJoong's mobile phone slipped out of his shaking hands once his watery eyes fell onto the figure standing in the hallway.

“Y-yun,” he breathed, his heart beating fast inside of his ribcage when YunHo slowly came closer to him. The pitter-patter of his own feet running over the wooden floor were resounding through the apartment as he flew directly into YunHo's arms, his teary face snuggled into YunHo's warm chest.

YunHo wrapped his arms tightly around JaeJoong's body, inhaling JaeJoong's scent and bathed in the feeling of holding JaeJoong in his arms after such a long time. JaeJoong's sobs were reaching his ears, causing him to hold JaeJoong even closer to his heart until they were slowly subsiding.

He backed away to cup JaeJoong's tear stained face, thumbing away the spilled salty liquid as he stared into JaeJoong's brown eyes. They kept staring into each other's eyes for minutes, pupils following each other from one side to the other. JaeJoong closed his eyes when YunHo leaned in, his body slackening into YunHo's warmth when their lips met after such a long time. It was just a soft touch of their lips but they savoured every second of it.

Kiss followed after kiss, shy and gentle turned into hungry and passionate. It wasn't long after that JaeJoong was embraced by YunHo in the most intimate way possible, his slim figure not shivering cold in the night any longer.

“How did you get the keys?” JaeJoong asked, his chin resting on YunHo's bare chest and body snuggled against him.

“YooChun and JunSu sent them to me. Secretly,” YunHo replied, streaking his fingers through JaeJoong's gold-blond hair while he was caressing the warm skin of JaeJoong's back in circles.

“Oh. Then you have to return them?” JaeJoong remarked, thanking his two friends mentally for giving him a Valentine's Day gift he would never be able to forget, though his eyebrows were furrowed in disappointment that YunHo had to return the keys. It would've been so nice when he would know that YunHo could sneak to him whenever he wanted to when he would keep the keys.

“No. When I'm not mistaken, they made these for me,” YunHo responded, caressing JaeJoong's cheek when the latter looked with sparkling eyes at him. “Unless you want me to give them back.”

“No,” JaeJoong replied immediately, a blush creeping into his face at the smirk YunHo was sending him. “No, keep them,” he added softly, burying his face into the crook of YunHo's neck and inhaled his scent.

It wasn't long after that he had fallen asleep in YunHo's warm embrace, face snuggled against YunHo's lifting and sinking chest and soft snores leaving his parted lips.

And YunHo?

YunHo watched him with a loving smile resting on his lips while he was caressing JaeJoong's back and kept him warm. He kept him warm 'till the next morning and would keep him warm in the future.