a waltz for a night

and i, for you

 

 

Kang Seulgi’s melodious voice rang throughout the room; it was light, airy, brilliant, clear as day. With every note that escaped her quaint lips, the atmosphere seemed to become brighter and warmer amidst the cold weather. It was a lovely picture to look at, her, singing in the empty room. She was completely covered from head to toe in blankets, with only her face exposed to the world. Her eyes fluttered shut as she sang; each note holding a memory she wished to escape. Each note holding a memory of him.

 

Let me sing you a waltz
Out of nowhere, out of my thoughts
Let me sing you a waltz
About this one night stand

 

He was beautiful and enchanting to look at. His blonde hair perfectly swooped and done. His eyes were warm and cold at the same time. His cheeks were tainted with a flush of pink, a perfect compliment to his luscious plump lips. She thought of the different ways he smiled: the genuine smile that made a thousand butterflies burst in her tummy, the eyesmile that never failed to charm her, the excited grin that made her heart leap, and the seductive smirk that made her face heat up. She thought of his lean, muscular physique; one that she had, more or less, become acquainted and familiar with.

 

You were for me that night
Everything I always dreamt of in life
But now you're gone
You are far gone
All the way to your island of rain

 

She could still feel the traces of the kisses he would leave on her body night after night. The electricity that would surpass between the two of them when their eyes would meet and the silent agreement they would come to. The ghost of his soft caresses against her cheeks and the feeling of his lips against hers.

 

It was for you just a one night thing
But you were much more to me
Just so you know

 

She sighed as she opened her eyes and stopped singing to take a short breath. The words hurt her more than it should. She can’t help it; they ring with too much truth. They ring with too much of the words that she wanted to say to him but could never bring herself too. She knew what she had agreed to. They both knew.

 

I hear rumors about you
About all the bad things you do
But when we were together alone
You didn't seem like a player at all

 

She couldn’t deny that she hadn’t been warned. He was completely notorious for charming his way around and sleeping with different ladies almost every other night. She had tried so hard not to fall for the act. But she couldn’t help it. It was strange and probably completely delusional but she thought their connection was different. Whenever they were in near proximity, she could feel the entire atmosphere change and the room tense. She knew he could feel it too. She remembered the nights, after the of their love-making, when they would simply stare at the ceiling and talk. It was during the quiet hours of the night when their hearts were noisiest.

 

She knew he felt it too, albeit less deeply that she had. There was a reason that they slept together frequently and why they always came back to each other. It was their own secret that they had cherished and enjoyed. But also an agreement of simple enjoyment, nothing more and nothing less.

 

I don't care what they say
I know what you meant

for me that day
I just wanted another try
I just wanted another night
Even if it doesn't seem quite right
You meant for me much more
Than anyone I've met before

 

Her voice trembled as she sang the last few notes, not having the power to finish the rest of the song. In all honesty, her heart was tired of feeling too much for someone who felt too little. But she just couldn’t help it. She knew that, given the choice to never have loved him at all, she would choose him again and again.

 

With that thought, she snuggles into her blankets, hiding her face-- and perhaps, also her heart-- from view.