ten things

and i, for you

 

 

Sometimes, on certain days, when the world seems never ending and it hurts to live, when he can’t seem to get the energy to get up or when he’s simply tired of everything, Park Jimin simply remembers 10 things.

 

One.

A glimpse of a smile, a moment of eyes meeting, a shared hello.

 

Two.

A bright greeting and a flick of her hair. Their hands briefly touching while their hearts were rapidly beating.

 

Three.

Shy conversations and brief laughter. Fingers dancing around each other. Secret glances.

 

Four.

Her eyes gazing into his. Her hands interlaced in his. A comfortable silence filled with longing.

 

Five.

Her lips only a breath away from his. A shy second as their lips collide. A sweet, unforgettable kiss.

 

Six.

Hugs from behind. Forehead kisses. Butterflies with every moment spent together.

 

Seven.

Her body against his. The warmth of her presence. The soft smiles and stolen kisses.

 

Eight.

The sadness in her eyes. The coldness in her words. The unshed tears.

 

Nine.

The mellow song of goodbye. A shared misery. A painful silence filled with loud sorrows and longing.

 

Ten.

One last glance. His lips hovering above hers. Their bodies tangled in an embrace. A feeling of desperation. A kiss filled with hunger, anger, sadness, and everything left unsaid. A final breath. The sound of her footsteps as she grew farther and farther.

 

All of these things, both good and bad, both wonderful and painful, all led back to one person.

 

The one person that Park Jimin couldn’t live without but had to let go.

 

He could only hang on to the memory of her. That was all he had left.

 

So, no matter how tired he is of loving, no matter how painful it is to feel, Park Jimin could never ask to forget Kang Seulgi. Even if it hurt to breathe every single day because he couldn’t live with the thought that she could never be his.